Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
How in the heck can you fatham that we're the bulilies when we're the ones with less rights?

and it's not up to YOU deciced. my being born in american deciced that i get the same rights that you do.

STanding UP to a bully (the straight majority) to get what we're already supposed to have is NOT bullying.

so if someone attacks me and i defend myself, then i guess i'm a bully too for 'bullying the bully'.

you are NOT the victim here you have EVERYTHING, NOTHING is being denied to you.

SICKENING POST.
Apparently it is up to me, you are here asking for advice, you are here asking for permission. Permission denied. [MOD CUT] whine whine whine

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-30-2011 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 AM

662 posts, read 1,451,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Apparently it is up to me, you are here asking for advice, you are here asking for permission. Permission denied. You are pathetic. whine whine whine

Speaking of whining, you were the one who in an earlier post complained about how you personally are being bullied by the OP and other gay people because they are asking for their rights.

Standing up to injustice isn't whining. Why should two people who are in love and committed to each other be denied the right to marry civilly? Churches and other religions may do so, but our government?

I suppose Martin Luther King Jr. was a whiner too.

What really kills me is the same people who vote Republican and want "government off our back" are the same people who are very happy to use the same government to curtail the rights of others--even when they are harming nobody else.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:06 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
um, bisexuals don't seek to MARRY two people, they are equally attracted to both genders, you're referring to polygamy
So a bisexual cannot be a polygamist, or are you saying they must choose one or the other sexes to marry?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:42 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
i've been gay my whole life without choice. What do people who are against marriage equality think we shoudl do? marry someone of the opposite sex via lying to them? and then get blamed for destrying two lives? should we both be unhappy to make strangers happy? why does this even make strangers happy?

why would a GAY PERSON have a STRIGHT MARRIAGE?

btw, i'm 34 and still a virgin. I have a degree in religion and am a good person but I am waiting to find the right person, and when i do i although i live the state that i grew up in with my friends and family and i don't like moving far away from them I have to move FAR AWAY from family and friends to another state to get married, unlike most of you.

I simply don't understand how someone is PASSIONATE about ENSURING someone else doesn't get a right that they get becaue they were born differently.

Again, i don't get it.

what does someone's sexual orientation have to do with 'morality'.

why do some people think this should be up to 'the public' when voting on OTHER people's rights WHILE THEY ENJOY them are unconstitutional?

don't get it.

The issue is the word marriage because the word defines the people who get married. I'm not a homosexual. I don't care if you are. I don't care what you and another guy do in private. It's really none of my business, but I don't want the word which describes one of the most important relationship one person can have with another altered.

Consider your word for a moment, "gay". I propose that all sexual deviants be defined as "gay" from now on. Rapist, child molesters, necrophiliacs, and all other perverts are now referred to as simply gay. Perhaps when someone hears that you are gay, you can explain that you are not one of those other gay people and that you are gay in the traditional sense of the word.

Does that work for you?

Leave our word alone.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:50 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,690,945 times
Quote:
I simply don't understand how someone is PASSIONATE about ENSURING someone else doesn't get a right that they get becaue they were born differently.
Short answer: This behavior is tied to a field in which you have a degree.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
I've said this before in reference to the topic homosexuality, as there have been a lot of posts on here "gay this" or "gay that!" I'm as straight as they come! I am happily married to my wife, and also consider myself Christian! With that said, being straight, of course I don't quite understand the gay lifestyle! DUH, I'm straight, and I like to have sex with women! I don't know what causes homosexuality, or why! I do honestly feel that someone is born that way, and doesn't have a choice, just as we straight people do not! As a Christian, it is illogical to think that you can just "pray away the gay" Furthermore, if we were created in God's image, and therefore God made all of us, why then would He set someone up for eternal damnation like that? I don't think God is that cruel! At least not the God that I believe in!

So in turn, as with skin color, religious beliefs, or culture, I CANNOT persecute someone based on their sexual orientation! Not to sound like a prick, but it would be like persecuting someone for being autistic, or having Downs Syndrome, or those who cannot bear children! And finally, I'm quite sure many of you other straight people as well as myself have been around gay people in your travels throughout life. If you're straight, don't worry, you're not going to "turn" gay! The "gayness" will not spread to you! If you're secure enough in your OWN sexuality, then you have NOTHING to worry about! Live your lives, keep your traditions, nobody is saying you can't! I have my own traditions, and as long as someone doesn't try to take them away from me, I have no issue with how others live their lives!

To the OP I say be happy, live your life, treat others how you want to be treated, and f*** the haters!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I didn't say there are NO homosexual first-born. It is about probability and statistics...
Fraternal birth order and male sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki?

APA says they don't know.

Screw what Wiki has on it.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
i'm a normal everyday american. yet i was born gay. i think that phrasing this issue in terms of 'institutions' and 'tradition' is a way to make it seem that it impacts you when it really doesn't. you would still be marrying someone of the opposite sex in your church if you prefer even if there was gay marriage so it really wouldn't impact you in any way.

my parents got married in a courthouse.

again, what would you expect gay people to do then if you're against gay marriage? are you claiming that we don't love each other as much you do in your relationships?

How can it not impact others when you are changing the meaning of the word marriage?

You keep using this word gay to describe homosexuality. You seem very comfortable with it describing the sort of person you are (at least in some ways). Obviously this word is important to you and you would not like it redefined by people who are not gay. Yet you have no problem redefining marriage to suit your needs. I guarantee you would s**t purple apples if the definition of gay were changed.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:46 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Wiki?

APA says they don't know.

Screw what Wiki has on it.
The same APA that classified homosexuality as a mental disorder for a long time? Also a very trustworthy source...

Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post

Many of us believe that once our traditions and customs are bastardized to accomodate everyone, then we have lost something very important.

Is this what you really meant ?:

Many of us believe it is necessary to exclude some people ( different from ourselves) so that we can maintain our traditions and customs.

I think I fear that once gays have established the right to marry, that they will then be calling for preferential hiring quotas...as with affirmative action.
Affirmative Action does not impose quotas. Afirmative Action requires government contractors to demonstrate that they have written policies to prevent discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies