Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:18 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said President George W. Bush had a "race problem" during Hurricane Katrina, but she defended him against his critics who, she said, tried to use the "race card" against him, according to excerpts from her upcoming memoir, No Higher Honor, published in Newsweek.

In the book, Rice recounted how she went shopping at the expensive Ferragamo shoe store in New York and returned to her hotel:

The airwaves were filled with devastating pictures from New Orleans. And the faces of most of the people in distress were black. I knew right away that I should never have left Washington. I called my chief of staff, Brian Gunderson. "I'm coming home," I said.
Bush didn't necessarily have a "race problem", he had a compassion problem, as he didn't care about anyone but his wealthy, white supporters. If everyone in New Orleans was white, he still would have been indifferent to their plight.

I remember reading about someone who confronted Rice while shopping for shoes in Manhattan and asking her why she wasn't doing something. That entire administration was likely the most clueless and inept since those corruption filled years after the Civil War.

Bush in California, Cheney in Wyoming, Rice in New York, all of them had a weeks notice a killer hurricane was approaching the Gulf coast.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1028268.html

Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
for all bush's shortcoming he had good political sense. trust me if you are wasp and answering a AA neighborhood distress call, the card is going to be played. it does not matter how well you do your job its guna happen.
been there done that. of the vast majority of law suits against law enforcement, it was the people that made the call for help that filed the complaint and the suit. standard city management procedure
when there is a fuss
throw officer whitey under the bus.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:36 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Condi is safely on the gravy-train lecture circuit and she wants you to give her cash for her book.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bush didn't necessarily have a "race problem", he had a compassion problem, as he didn't care about anyone but his wealthy, white supporters. If everyone in New Orleans was white, he still would have been indifferent to their plight.

I remember reading about someone who confronted Rice while shopping for shoes in Manhattan and asking her why she wasn't doing something. That entire administration was likely the most clueless and inept since those corruption filled years after the Civil War.

Bush in California, Cheney in Wyoming, Rice in New York, all of them had a weeks notice a killer hurricane was approaching the Gulf coast.

Condoleezza Rice During Katrina: 'We Clearly Have A Race Problem'
All the Black people who were actually in the path of the hurricane also had a week notice, works both ways.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Condi is safely on the gravy-train lecture circuit and she wants you to give her cash for her book.
no thanks. I hope she isnt smiling on the cover...

why cant that regime just fade into the woodwork......she has an oil tanker named after her, when's enough enough? I guess never in narcissistic America.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
To think that I supported Condi '08. This is just dumb. If Michelle struts around in her expensive duds with 17 pct black unemployment, is it a 'race problem?'

Bush spent $150 million on Katrina. Yet still was called a racist by the left. Maybe the libs were right about Condi after all.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Condoleezza Rice During Katrina: 'We Clearly Have A Race Problem'
"The airwaves were filled with devastating pictures from New Orleans. And the faces of most of the people in distress were black. I knew right away that I should never have left Washington. I called my chief of staff, Brian Gunderson. "I'm coming home," I said."

Rice knew many people were in need but she went shopping. The moment she found out they were black she had to do something??? If you want to help, why would skin color matter to anyone but a racist?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 PM

760 posts, read 685,352 times
Kanye West had it right....

Old 10-24-2011, 06:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
If you haven't read Decision Points, by George W. Bush, then your opinion of his handling of Katrina is highly irrelevant as far as i'm concerned.

Read what he has to say about it and then make an objective opinion. Or not, and just remain ignorant.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I think that pretty much nails it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
All the Black people who were actually in the path of the hurricane also had a week notice, works both ways.
Including that idiot black mayor of New Orleans. He'd effed up and he knew it and he played that race card as hard as he could to deflect blame. What a miserable, lying putz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies