Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Can't wait to see all the talk-radiot/Tea-Tards turn on Condi like Benedict Arnold now that shes criticizing their closet hero, GWB the second coming of Jesus...LOL
No, no one on the right is going to turn against Ms. Rice because she didn't say anything against George Bush. The libs are the ones who are trying desperately and illogically to twist her words to mean something that she never said at all.

It's really pathetic.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh please, what a total distortion of what Ms. Rice said. Here is the actual excerpt that the OP unwittingly linked (but apparently did not read himself):

Then I called the President. “Mr. President, I’m coming back. I don’t know how much I can do, but we clearly have a race problem,” I said.

“Yeah. Why don’t you come on back?” he answered.

I actually hadn’t expected that from the President. That’s odd, I thought. He’d been so insistent that I go and get some rest. He’s really worried. “

CLEARLY, she never said that Bush personally had a race problem, rather, the fact that the victims of Katrina were black meant that POLITICALLY there was going to be a highly racially charged situation for him to handle.

Good grief odanny, is this the best you can do?
So you are saying that Condi was worried about the APPEARANCE of indifference, as opposed to worrying about the citizens trapped underwater? And she was worried that it would APPEAR exactly like it did, that the neocons could care less that a city of largely black people was drowning?

Yea, I agree with you, Condi was playing politics and was worried about what it would look like. And it sure didn't look good.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,553,508 times
A massive Federal government is not capable of an appropriate response on a local level. Woo hooh. There's a headline.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:19 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So you are saying that Condi was worried about the APPEARANCE of indifference, as opposed to worrying about the citizens trapped underwater? And she was worried that it would APPEAR exactly like it did, that the neocons could care less that a city of largely black people was drowning?

Yea, I agree with you, Condi was playing politics and was worried about what it would look like. And it sure didn't look good.
You have no evidence for what either Bush or Rice personally felt about the situation. But here, I'll give you an actual fact to chew on: I personally couldn't give a rat's tail about the people of New Orleans who were all too stupid to heed warnings in advance and who then looted, raped, robbed, and shot up helicopters bringing aid. I don't think you care about them either.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:21 PM

701 posts, read 1,033,150 times
Quote:
I personally couldn't give a rat's tail about the people of New Orleans who were all too stupid to heed warnings in advance
Just wow. Serious class.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times
Quote:
You have no evidence for what either Bush or Rice personally felt about the situation. But here, I'll give you an actual fact to chew on: I personally couldn't give a rat's tail about the people of New Orleans who were all too stupid to heed warnings in advance and who then looted, raped, robbed, and shot up helicopters bringing aid. I don't think you care about them either.
No evidence? How about being totally clueless about the upcoming storm, having NOTHING planned in the event the worst happened? Being caught totally unaware when there were DAYS to prepare?

Hell, I knew it was coming 5 days before it hit and watched the Weather Channel multiple times a day. I guess you never heard the old expression "actions speak louder than words"

I saw all the evidence I needed. Wanton disregard and dereliction of duty.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Read what he has to say about it and then make an objective opinion. Or not, and just remain ignorant.
Like we can trust him to tell the truth? LMAO

Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Newman0 View Post

If they would have been doing the right thing for themselves they would have empowered themselves to make thier own decision to get the hell out.
And does that apply to the old people who died in the nursing homes? Or people in the hospitals who were too sick to leave?

For the record, I have to say you have got to be one of the most disgusting bigots I've ever encountered on a public forum (and I've met a few).

Go ahead and call me stupid. It won't make you any less of a disgusting bigot.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:41 PM

114 posts, read 99,220 times
Even if they had busses, where were they going to go? you cant dump street people by the busload into the suburbs to rape and pillage..

Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 PM

114 posts, read 99,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
A massive Federal government is not capable of an appropriate response on a local level. Woo hooh. There's a headline.
You also had cases of police getting shot at.. so the response was slowed for safty reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies