Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
RALEIGH, N.C. — A federal judge blocked part of North Carolina's new abortion law Tuesday, ruling providers do not have to place an ultrasound image next to a pregnant woman so she can view it, nor do they have to describe its features and offer her the chance to listen to the heartbeat.
Ultrasound viewing part of NC abortion law blocked - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

This was nothing but an attempt at state level to make getting a safe and LEGAL abortion even more difficult for women. I am so glad this judge took this stand.

Quote:
The judge, nominated by President Obama last year, allowed other parts of the law to be enforced, including a 24-hour waiting period to make information about abortion risks and alternatives available. The abortion providers who sued didn't specifically challenge the waiting period.
I actually have no problem with the waiting period. I think a short waiting period is appropriate for all elective surgical procedures.

Quote:
A federal judge in August blocked a Texas law that would require women seeking an abortion to view a sonogram and make the heartbeat audible.
I have been so worried about these state restrictions which are just a subtle "back door" attempt to make abortions unattainable. I am very happy that there are some judges willing to do what's right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 PM

529 posts, read 364,128 times
Woo Hoo lets murder some babies! Drinks on me

Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,674 times
Why don't you want to look? Feel a little remorseful about this to begin with?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ultrasound viewing part of NC abortion law blocked - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

This was nothing but an attempt at state level to make getting a safe and LEGAL abortion even more difficult for women. I am so glad this judge took this stand.

I actually have no problem with the waiting period. I think a short waiting period is appropriate for all elective surgical procedures.

I have been so worried about these state restrictions which are just a subtle "back door" attempt to make abortions unattainable. I am very happy that there are some judges willing to do what's right.
So far, many of the most egregious laws passed by the Red States' campaign to return us to the middle ages have been reversed by the courts.

But remember, part of the Total Spectrum Dominance GOP agenda is to usurp the courts as well. We've already seen what damage an extremely conservative SCOTUS can do (Bush v Gore, Citizen's United). Currently, the GOP-controlled Senate (via filabuster) is blocking all of Obama's judicial appointments, stalling till they get the WH back.

Reason #2536 to ALWAYS VOTE DEMOCRATIC if you are intersted in protecting your rights

Old 10-25-2011, 09:19 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,224,637 times
Yes, thank God we have not yet regressed to back-alley coat-hangar abortions again because reason and sanity yet prevail.

My body, my life, my choice. Get over it and keep your nose out of my business.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:19 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,674 times
They had ultrasound in the Middle Ages?

Catch up on the news. Harry Reid killed the filibuster.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
The Republicans here are crazy...they get in power once and they start going crazy.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 PM

227 posts, read 141,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
So far, many of the most egregious laws passed by the Red States' campaign to return us to the middle ages have been reversed by the courts.

But remember, part of the Total Spectrum Dominance GOP agenda is to usurp the courts as well. We've already seen what damage an extremely conservative SCOTUS can do (Bush v Gore, Citizen's United). Currently, the GOP-controlled Senate (via filabuster) is blocking all of Obama's judicial appointments, stalling till they get the WH back.

Reason #2536 to ALWAYS VOTE DEMOCRATIC if you are intersted in protecting your rights

You mean the right they gave you to choose if you want healthcare. You mean you think its ok for the feds to tell you what to buy.

LOL to just give your vote away to the Dems makes you the fool. Go figure you are a liberal.

How bout the right to have salt on your food.?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 PM

227 posts, read 141,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Yes, thank God we have not yet regressed to back-alley coat-hangar abortions again because reason and sanity yet prevail.

My body, my life, my choice. Get over it and keep your nose out of my business.

I am for abortion anything that stops the lazy and stupid parents from raising another anchor on society is all good for me.

But please lets call it what it is KILLING just be honest it is KILLING for sure.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:02 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,845,038 times
I am pro-choice, but do not see a problem with the ultrasound or heartbeat. It is a pretty damn serious decision, and the life about to be snuffed out should at least have the opportunity to be seen and heard in case of second thoughts by the mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies