Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times

Advertisements

I'm personally 99% pro-life and only support abortion in extreme cases such as incest, rape or if pregnancy directly puts the mother's life at risk. For those of you who are pro-choice, what limitations should be placed on the woman should she choose abortion if any? Do you support a woman's right to abort her child/fetus due to detected deformities of the child? Would you still support a woman's right to choose if she wanted to abort a child due to the sex of the child and nothing else?

If homosexuality were positively determined to be genetic and doctors were able to determine the future sexual orientation of a child prior to birth would you support a woman's right to choose if she chose to abort a child because they would likely be born gay?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm personally 99% pro-life and only support abortion in extreme cases such as incest, rape or if pregnancy directly puts the mother's life at risk. For those of you who are pro-choice, what limitations should be placed on the woman should she choose abortion if any? Do you support a woman's right to abort her child/fetus due to detected deformities of the child? Would you still support a woman's right to choose if she wanted to abort a child due to the sex of the child and nothing else?

If homosexuality were positively determined to be genetic and doctors were able to determine the future sexual orientation of a child prior to birth would you support a woman's right to choose if she chose to abort a child because they would likely be born gay?
They should pay for their own abortions. I am Pro-Choice but I do not believe that taxpayers should be funding abortions. Women should always have the right to choose to have an abortion or not. It is not the Gov place to choose that for us women.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
They should pay for their own abortions. I am Pro-Choice but I do not believe that taxpayers should be funding abortions. Women should always have the right to choose to have an abortion or not. It is not the Gov place to choose that for us women.
I agree with the payment statement. So you're saying a woman should be allowed to choose abortion for any reason whatsoever or no reason at all for that matter?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I agree with the payment statement. So you're saying a woman should be allowed to choose abortion for any reason whatsoever or no reason at all for that matter?
It is nobodys business what the reason for the abortion is. It is that persons right to choose what they feel is best for them. I do however think that counseling needs to be a huge part of the before and after. Of course options should also be covered for those who may not be aware of what is out there in their area.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
The individual woman is in charge of her own body. She determines what medical procedures need to be done. If the government is paying for these procedures it should pay for elective abortion.

To answer the OP’s question directly: NONE

Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
I say abortions should be allowed by taking a poll
You poll the mother
You poll the father
You poll the fetus

If you cant get a majority, the baby lives..

Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default For those who are pro-choice, what limitations should be put on a woman's right to choose abortion?

I don't "support" abortion.

I'll never have one.

I don't think the government has any business in anyone's pants. Abortion decisions are an intensely personal matter, not a governmental one.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
we have enough regulations on abortion as they are now. abortion should always be legal.
it is no ones business what the reasons are, it is between the woman and her doctor. do not fall for the BS the extreme anti choicers want to pass off as fact. late term abortion is not done for any other reasons other than severe medical problems with either the mother or the baby.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we have enough regulations on abortion as they are now. abortion should always be legal.
it is no ones business what the reasons are, it is between the woman and her doctor. do not fall for the BS the extreme anti choicers want to pass off as fact. late term abortion is not done for any other reasons other than severe medical problems with either the mother or the baby.
Incorrect on late term abortion is done for other than you stated.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:11 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Viability should be the only restriction.

Outside of that, a woman should be able to get an abortion regardless of the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.