Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm personally 99% pro-life and only support abortion in extreme cases such as incest, rape or if pregnancy directly puts the mother's life at risk. For those of you who are pro-choice, what limitations should be placed on the woman should she choose abortion if any? Do you support a woman's right to abort her child/fetus due to detected deformities of the child? Would you still support a woman's right to choose if she wanted to abort a child due to the sex of the child and nothing else?

If homosexuality were positively determined to be genetic and doctors were able to determine the future sexual orientation of a child prior to birth would you support a woman's right to choose if she chose to abort a child because they would likely be born gay?
So if abortion is murder, how could you justify killing a child just because of rape or incest?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,456,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you got a link to support that from a non biased source? lets see you even get an appointment somewhere to get a late term abortion. call a few clinics and say I am 6 months pregnant and don't want this baby anymore can I get an abortion and see what happens. the only place that will give you a late term abortion for "funzies" was the horror house that was recently busted run by a criminal with a doctors license. late term abortions are not done for anything other than medical reasons.
Late term abortion laws have changed maybe. But at 5 months you use to be able to get a abortion they did have a cut off date dont remember what that was now but around 5 months. Yes women could get them if they decided they no longer wanted to carry the baby.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,106,248 times
Let's be honest: anyone who is pro choice is really pro murder. Abortion, when performed correctly results in death 100% of the time; "pro-choicers" support this. Name me one other "right" that results in guaranteed death?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ah heck, all women are just XXX according to some.
They are only interested in punishing the woman. Men get free run, but not those dirty women; they must be punished.

The overwhelming majority of those in the pro life movement are women.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So if abortion is murder, how could you justify killing a child just because of rape or incest?

Agree 100%. Either you're pro-life, or you're not. I raise that point myself to everyone, who says, "I am pro life, except for....." either you are, or you're not. Either all life is precious and of equal value, or it is not.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,230,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so you would rather a very immature girl who made on bad choice to become a parent and try to parent?

making a young girl go through pregnancy, have a baby and either raise it or give it up for adoption is child abuse, both mental and physical.
Making a child kill is child abuse

Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
It's okay if women want to choose to murder the baby in their body but it's absolutely not okay for her to choose to put trans-fats in that same body in some places or for her young daughter to put a soda in her body in the school cafeteria. That same kid who can't have a soda can get an abortion.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sure, we can agree to do that IF we can also do a snip, snip job on all men who cause a woman to get pregnant when she doesn't want to be. Why should men be allowed to keep on reproducing irresponsibly? Women don't get pregnant all by themselve.
No, women do not get pregnant by themselves. However, we do have the ultimate control in whether we get pregnant or not in absolutely every case outside of rape/incest. Therefore, since we are the sex charged with the responsibility of carrying a life conceived, the burden of effective contraception and responsible sexual conduct during our fertility cycles is ours.

If you don't want a man to father a child with you, don't have sexual intercourse with him. It really is that simple.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Late term abortion laws have changed maybe. But at 5 months you use to be able to get a abortion they did have a cut off date dont remember what that was now but around 5 months. Yes women could get them if they decided they no longer wanted to carry the baby.
you sound confused, perhaps you need to research more so you are sure

Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Agree 100%. Either you're pro-life, or you're not. I raise that point myself to everyone, who says, "I am pro life, except for....." either you are, or you're not. Either all life is precious and of equal value, or it is not.
Republicans won't make that argument because they know they'd lose immediately if they publicly condoned the view you espouse.

That's why i say that Conservatives are the same weasels on abortion that they accuse Libs of being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies