Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 AM

18,382 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Incorrect on late term abortion is done for other than you stated.
you got a link to support that from a non biased source? lets see you even get an appointment somewhere to get a late term abortion. call a few clinics and say I am 6 months pregnant and don't want this baby anymore can I get an abortion and see what happens. the only place that will give you a late term abortion for "funzies" was the horror house that was recently busted run by a criminal with a doctors license. late term abortions are not done for anything other than medical reasons.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm personally 99% pro-life and only support abortion in extreme cases such as incest, rape or if pregnancy directly puts the mother's life at risk. For those of you who are pro-choice, what limitations should be placed on the woman should she choose abortion if any? Do you support a woman's right to abort her child/fetus due to detected deformities of the child? Would you still support a woman's right to choose if she wanted to abort a child due to the sex of the child and nothing else?

If homosexuality were positively determined to be genetic and doctors were able to determine the future sexual orientation of a child prior to birth would you support a woman's right to choose if she chose to abort a child because they would likely be born gay?
I support the bolded above, and would add, unless it's one of the above, no child under the age of 18 be allowed an abortion.

Choosing to abort because of the sex of the child is a fail ..

There is no Gay Gene, so the latter makes that part of the discussion a non-starter.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't "support" abortion.

I'll never have one.

I don't think the government has any business in anyone's pants. Abortion decisions are an intensely personal matter, not a governmental one.
I concur.
People, and the government, need to mind their own business and keep their own house in order. Minding someone else's business just means that they're not looking at and taking care of their own.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I support the bolded above, and would add, unless it's one of the above, no child under the age of 18 be allowed an abortion.
....Why?

Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
....Why?
Isn't it obvious? .. They can't buy cigarettes legally, they can't drink legally, they aren't allowed to vote .. they aren't allowed to do nearly anything that adults are allowed to do, so why make special arrangements for them.

Not being responsible for making the above choices doesn't make them any more responsible when it comes to abortion.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Isn't it obvious? .. They can't buy cigarettes legally, they can't drink legally, they aren't allowed to vote .. they aren't allowed to do nearly anything that adults are allowed to do, so why make special arrangements for them.

Not being responsible for making the above choices doesn't make them any more responsible when it comes to abortion.
so you would rather a very immature girl who made on bad choice to become a parent and try to parent?

making a young girl go through pregnancy, have a baby and either raise it or give it up for adoption is child abuse, both mental and physical.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:

And this would make them more responsible parents....how?

Old 04-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
And this would make them more responsible parents....how?
making a young girl have a baby is about punishing her for having sex not about being a responsible

Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,422 times
"For those who are pro-choice, what limitations should be put on a woman's right to choose abortion?"

None! Ever.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
"For those who are pro-choice, what limitations should be put on a woman's right to choose abortion?"

None! Ever.
Absolutely agree!

I'd love to see the answers on all these abortion threads if it were the MEN having to make these choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies