Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I just had to resurrect this one..so appropriate.

BOB&TOM TV: "Obama Man" by Greg Morton - YouTube
Gotta love Bob and Tom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That should fit nicely with all those courses in Darwinism they had to take. Survival of the fittest, only those best suited to survival survive.

What's the point in teaching evolution and Darwin if we're not going to allow it?
You don't have to. You can violate the laws of nature (and economics) and subsidize it.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydS View Post
Ok, I admit I didn't read every post here ... but back to the OP post.

Obama is just trying to buy votes again by this act. Why didn't he do this earlier..?

What has happened to the morals of folks these days, to think you can get through life for FREE. You sign a contact, you abide by those rules that you agreed too.

If this younger generation doesn't wake up and stand firm ... our country will be doomed in the near future. What a bunch of cry babies most of them are today. Expecting handouts and freebies for everything. I pity your offspring if you implant those same morals onto your children.

Pull your boot straps up and pay your own way.
Haven't read the whole thread, but who's talking about free? He's talking about changing the terms of student loan payback.

You have your nerve to call people with student loans immoral.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Gotta love Bob and Tom.
I always got a kick of Greg Morton's rendition of the Candy Man on that one.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Haven't read the whole thread, but who's talking about free? He's talking about changing the terms of student loan payback.

You have your nerve to call people with student loans immoral.
Its not having the loans that is immoral, but it sure is expecting to have someone else pay them for you that is. Have you forgotten the things those "students" were clamoring about in NYC back when this foolishness started?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,100,290 times
Ron Paul on this criminality...

Fox Business | Business News & Stock Quotes - Saving & Investing (http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/freedom-watch/index.html#/v/1236324153001/forgive-us-our-debtors/?playlist_id=158146 - broken link)

Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Its not having the loans that is immoral, but it sure is expecting to have someone else pay them for you that is. Have you forgotten the things those "students" were clamoring about in NYC back when this foolishness started?
It's not their fault. The president is trying to harvest votes by using the most vulnerable people in our country, the youngest legal voters, the most idealistic, and he's feeding on their fears and desires. We all have those but we aren't all so naive. He is the president of the United States. I've seen the lines gather up as Marine One lands (god forbid he's coming back 2-3 times) at my local airport.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 10-26-2011 at 09:41 PM..

Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Not true, even under the most generous plan you HAVE to pay at least 10% of your income for 20 years, if you are unemployed you can defer, but that time in defferment does not count toward the 20 years. If you fail to pay the full amount of at least 10% of your income every month the loan will go into default, or forbearance, and any amount of time that loan is in default/forbearance will not qualify toward the 20 years for forgiveness. Anyone who has their loan forgiven has been paying at least 10% of their income for 20 years, as I said they most likely have paid much more than they ever borrowed.
Not IF YOU HAVE NO INCOME which I pointed out in the beginning if you took the time to read it. Howling about it won't help your argument.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen
Even if it is to some, which I would bet is a minority since most working people like to continue working rather than have nothing to do, and bring in a small fraction of their previous income, 2 years out of 80, or so humans can live is not a lifestyle.

I hope some day you are out of work, with no way to feed your family or pay your bills or keep a roof over your head, and there is no government there to help you. I know, I know, you think you are better than those who are currently unemployed, that it will never happen to you because you are somehow more worthy, that people who can't find work are simply lazy and looking for a handout. Spoken like someone who has never faced that grim and depressing prospect.

Look at the numbers, you ass. There ARE no jobs. For many people, unemployment insurance is the only thing that allows them to put food on the table. I know several people who are in this position right now, people who have worked hard all their lives, but who saw their jobs disappear overseas, with no new ones being created to replace them. Should we turn our backs on these people and let them starve?

According to you, asking your country for help to survive is whining. That the same country that sends billions to Israel every year, that bailed out hedge fund managers and big banks, that gives obscene amounts of money to big oil companies year after year, should turn their backs on their own citizens in need. Your lack empathy is appalling and un-American. I would tell you that you should be ashamed of yourself, but it's obvious you have no ability to feel.
Now your hoping my family starves? So much for the compassionate liberals/communists.

There are plenty of jobs. These lazy asses think they're above working menial labor because they have a piece of paper saying look at me and how smart I am.

Go cry a river of sorrow to somebody who cares. And resorting to name calling is against the rules. I guess since your left handed you get away with that around here. Funny how that works.

Go protest with the rest of the gimme gimme gimme crowd. You would fit right in.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Unfortunately this will do nothing to reduce the out of control increase in tuition in colleges. I wonder why this administration won't go after the universities that continue to increase tuition rates far above the inflation rate.

The banks get called out on their interest rates. Health insurance companies get called out on their high increases in premiums. The universities get a free pass on their responsibility on maintain college tuition to be as affordable as possible. Couldn't be because of the teachers union support of the Democratic party, could it?
They gotta pay all their professors six and seven digit salaries not to mention their retirements. What do we get in return? A country half full of indoctrinated lazy losers who think somebody owes em something because the evil rich folks have taken advatage of em. That is what our college system is producing and a bunch of global warming green lunatics. Go join the damn army and learn something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies