Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I'll be at work, so I'll never even notice.

Maybe you can pop in that tape of a recorded Glen Beck show to ease you through it.
I never thought that Sunstein and Obama could take away my right to see Beck so I don't have any recordings of his shows. I was sure that people like you could keep me informed from watching MM and Think Prog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 05:22 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,222,606 times
Damn, I am just so pissed at myself that I decided to bug-in here in the Pacific Northwest, when I could have become Roy's bunker buddy here:

AfterLife in a Kansas Missile Silo: Interview with Larry Hall from SurvivalCondo.com by PlanetShifter.com | www.planetshifter.com

Do they pipe in Glenn down there?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you ever watched Glenn Beck? I say no since so many of my "predictions" came from him and too many of them have come true although those who don't watch him don't ever hear him talking about those predictions he handed out have come about. Yep, many of them have but then progs that get most of their info from MM, Think Prog, Kos and others like them always get to hear his predictions after they twist them. You do get your knowledge about his predictions from the sources I suggested, I bet.
I mostly watch and listen to the CBC, the BBC and NPR. I also watch Morning Joe on MSNBC. I know that doesn't help refute anything because most of the Fox/talk radio/beck cult think that anything outside of that sphere is liberal, no, communist propaganda. I might as well be reading Pravda.

I don't have cable, so I have only caught his show in passing. I think I saw one episode once, but I have listened to his radio show quite a bit while in the car. I know people say that both shows are different, but listening to him on the radio was enough for me. I'll get my news from more respectable sources--usually those outside the United States.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Censorship? My Cable Company is almost always shutting down during the middle of the night to fix problems and upgrade while people are sleeping. I see no censorship there so why would there be any other time? Emergency generators have to be checked in case of a real emergency, 3 and 1/2 minutes is not much to give up LOL.

would you consider it censorship if the goverment decided to shut it down for 24 hours instead of 3.5 minutes because they said they can?

Old 10-27-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
they're not shutting down the internet lol
They are for the stated 3 and one half minutes. They need to be able to shut all those means of communication for the same reasons and the internet is the most dangerous part of them.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's this new fangled thing call Google. I know it's new(ish) technology...or just "Liberal" technology you don't use. You can copy the link address. Having my computer inserted into me is more appealing then reading the diarrhea he spews on a page.

The link from the Blaze was posted by Beck 4 days ago.

I thought a high school graduate that loved America so much would be as fluent in the English language as a 5th grader. Apparently I was wrong.
I guess we didn't need to be able to use English in the late 1950s when I earned my MS degree. Back in those days we had to pass an English Proficiency test to get a BS degree. I don't know where they do anything like that these days.

I knew about The Blaze article and when it came out but preferred to just post it so someone like you could play the game. You see Beck announces things like this about the time they hit the Blaze. However, I can depend on people like you to report for me.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's this new fangled thing call Google. I know it's new(ish) technology...or just "Liberal" technology you don't use. You can copy the link address. Having my computer inserted into me is more appealing then reading the diarrhea he spews on a page.

The link from the Blaze was posted by Beck 4 days ago.

I thought a high school graduate that loved America so much would be as fluent in the English language as a 5th grader. Apparently I was wrong.
I guess we didn't need to be able to use English in the late 1950s when I earned my MS degree. Back in those days we had to pass an English Proficiency test to get a BS degree. That test consisted of writing a paper on a subject given to us the day of the test. Nothing very long but handwritten it came to about 5 pages. The interesting part of it was that you could only have 3 errors in speliing, punctuation, and word usage. I have slipped on most of those things but still not bad for an old man. I don't know where they do anything like that these days.

I knew about The Blaze article and when it came out but preferred to just post it so someone like you could play the game. You see Beck announces things like this about the time they hit the Blaze. However, I can depend on people like you to report for me.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Damn, I am just so pissed at myself that I decided to bug-in here in the Pacific Northwest, when I could have become Roy's bunker buddy here:

AfterLife in a Kansas Missile Silo: Interview with Larry Hall from SurvivalCondo.com by PlanetShifter.com | www.planetshifter.com

Do they pipe in Glenn down there?
I am sorry that you don't know a lot of Kansas geography. All the missile silos I know of were in northeast Kansas and I live nearly 300 miles away from that area. I do know of a public high school that built in a silo and it was very successful and a veritable tornado safe site without any excess money.

I was very interested in your site, though, although I hadn't heard about it up to now. Do you know about much more of the 80,000 square miles of Kansas other than this? If you know very much about Agenda 21 you would know that the whole state of Kansas outside KC will be turned back to wild animals after they dispose of the people. Maybe you need to Google Agenda 21 and read up on it and find the map of what is planned.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I mostly watch and listen to the CBC, the BBC and NPR. I also watch Morning Joe on MSNBC. I know that doesn't help refute anything because most of the Fox/talk radio/beck cult think that anything outside of that sphere is liberal, no, communist propaganda. I might as well be reading Pravda.

I don't have cable, so I have only caught his show in passing. I think I saw one episode once, but I have listened to his radio show quite a bit while in the car. I know people say that both shows are different, but listening to him on the radio was enough for me. I'll get my news from more respectable sources--usually those outside the United States.
You will never see Beck on television again. He likes his internet gig since he is the boss and can say anything he wants to say. Nobody above him to control what he does. Of course, people like you won't be seeing him because you have to pay $4.95 per month to watch him on your computer. Well you can get him for two weeks free and then have to start paying. See, he is so sure that one would like him so wall that after two weeks they would keep him and pay.

Do those places like MM, Think Prog, and Kos report about him or are they too cheap to pay to watch him?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
would you consider it censorship if the goverment decided to shut it down for 24 hours instead of 3.5 minutes because they said they can?
THEY wouldn't see that 24 hours as censorship. As long as we good guys couldn't hear or see any of our stuff they would accept that. I think the reason would be that they now if it could be done they could shut us down for three weeks before the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies