Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

#OccupyWhiteHouse2012 | From the Desk of Lady Liberty

We are Wall Street. It’s our job to make money. Whether it’s a commodity, stock, bond, or some hypothetical piece of fake paper, it doesn’t matter. We would trade baseball cards if it were profitable. I didn’t hear America complaining when the market was roaring to 14,000 and everyone’s 401k doubled every 3 years. Just like gambling, its not a problem until you lose. I’ve never heard of anyone going to Gamblers Anonymous because they won too much in Vegas.

Well now the market crapped out, & even though it has come back somewhat, the government and the average Joes are still looking for a scapegoat. God knows there has to be one for everything. Well, here we are.

Go ahead and continue to take us down, but you’re only going to hurt yourselves. What’s going to happen when we can’t find jobs on the Street anymore? Guess what: We’re going to take yours. We get up at 5am & work until 10pm or later. We’re used to not getting up to pee when we have a position. We don’t take an hour or more for a lunch break. We don’t demand a union. We don’t retire at 50 with a pension. We eat what we kill, and when the only thing left to eat is on your dinner plates, we’ll eat that.

For years teachers and other unionized labor have had us fooled. We were too busy working to notice. Do you really think that we are incapable of teaching 3rd graders and doing landscaping? We’re going to take your cushy jobs with tenure and 4 months off a year and whine just like you that we are so-o-o-o underpaid for building the youth of America. Say goodbye to your overtime, and double time and a half. I’ll be hitting grounders to the high school baseball team for $5k extra a summer, thank you very much.

So now that we’re going to be making $85k a year without upside, Joe Mainstreet is going to have his revenge, right? Wrong! Guess what: we’re going to stop buying the new 80k car, we aren’t going to leave the 35 percent tip at our business dinners anymore. No more free rides on our backs. We’re going to landscape our own back yards, wash our cars with a garden hose in our driveways. Our money was your money. You spent it. When our money dries up, so does yours.

The difference is, you lived off of it, we rejoiced in it. The Obama administration and the Democratic National Committee might get their way and knock us off the top of the pyramid, but it’s really going to hurt like hell for them when our fat a**es land directly on the middle class of America and knock them to the bottom.

We aren’t dinosaurs. We are smarter and more vicious than that, and we are going to survive. The question is, now that Obama & his administration are making Joe Mainstreet our food supply…will he? and will they?”

Read more: Traders Respond in Epic Letter to 'Occupy Chicago' - Wall Street Protests - Fox Nation

I agree with them and all these lazy people who are holding up their hands for free bailouts, should use some common sense but that is not too common any more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 10:46 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
I agree...most people have absolutely no idea what the lifestyle of a trader is really like. One friend of mine who works on wall-street was in the office working 362 days last year. Just think about that when you complain about your 40 hour/week job.

And we can't take the profits in the good years but then complain when things go bad.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:48 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
Fair enough, most traders are middle-class grinders like everyone else. But they fail to see how the system they feed is eating them too.

Not sure how the writers of this article can claim to be smarter than anyone? Just more ostriching from the Right.

BTW traders, Conservatives, now even the Vatican is against you! Calling for redistribution of wealth after the sins of the financial sector.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
What makes these people (traders, etc.) think they're going to take anyone's job if/when their jobs go kaput? They're entrepreneurial. I hope they enjoy selling apples on the street 362 days a year.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
In all of my life I have never read anything more arrogant, and self-delusional.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:00 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
In all of my life I have never read anything more arrogant, and self-delusional.
How old are you?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,379,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I agree...most people have absolutely no idea what the lifestyle of a trader is really like. One friend of mine who works on wall-street was in the office working 362 days last year. Just think about that when you complain about your 40 hour/week job.

And we can't take the profits in the good years but then complain when things go bad.
Yeah, traders are so noble.

Enron traders talking about Grandma Millie - YouTube

Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Professional gamblers that produce absolutely nothing.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
So the scumbags who worked for enron are indicative of the entire industry? That is as ignorant and stupid as me saying "Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist, so all white people are terrorists as well"

Get back to me when you want to have a discussion that shows we are all more than 11 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

What specifics of that letter are incorrect? The average work week for someone working on wall street IS over 80 hours/week, and that industry IS responsible for the stock market growth over the last few decades. If you disagree, please say what facts are wrong.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:46 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times
Love it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies