Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Me thinks some people fell asleep a lot during government class. GuyNTexas did a wonderful job of explaining the situation.

U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson apparently doesn't fully understand her duties
I am sure she understands her duties. It's merely a question of allegiance.

Shor' ain't to the Constitution.

Susan Richard Nelson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Law Abiding Citizen - Cell Phone Explosion - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 AM

15,114 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Thanks for the kind comments!

As a side note ... Judge Nelson was appointed by Obama, and has been on the bench for less than a year.

How did this rather green Judge become the Judge of record for the NFL case ... one of the most high profile cases? A look at her career shows that she's a "Super Star" ... or is that a fast tracked establishment insider?

Previously, she was a litigator/Partner with Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi, involved in the landmark Tobacco case in 1998, though I've found little that talks about her contribution in that case.

What I found interesting are the high profile cases that this firm has been involved with over the years, and the fact that she was made a Partner in just 4 years with the firm, which typically doesn't happen so quickly. Then in 2000, Minnesota created a new 6th magistrate judge position for which she was appointed. There seems to be a pattern of fast tracking here for Judge Nelson who is apparently a female version of Perry Mason.

Pretty impressive career for a girl that was a waitress at a Stouffers restaurant and a YMCA summer camp councilor in 1975, to become a Partner in a prestigious Law Firm in 1988.

Could all mean nothing ... but .....

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 11-05-2011 at 10:18 AM..

Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Thanks for the kind comments!

As a side note ... Judge Nelson was appointed by Obama, and has been on the bench for less than a year.

How did this rather green Judge become the Judge of record for the NFL case ... one of the most high profile cases? A look at her career shows that she's a "Super Star" ... or is that a fast tracked establishment insider?

Previously, she was a litigator/Partner with Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi, involved in the landmark Tobacco case in 1998, though I've found little that talks about her contribution in that case.

What I found interesting are the high profile cases that this firm has been involved with over the years, and the fact that she was made a Partner in just 4 years with the firm, which typically doesn't happen so quickly. Then in 2000, Minnesota created a new 6th magistrate judge position for which she was appointed. There seems to be a pattern of fast tracking here for Judge Nelson who is apparently a female version of Perry Mason.

Pretty impressive career for a girl that was a waitress at a Stouffers restaurant and a YMCA summer camp councilor in 1975, to become a Partner in a prestigious Law Firm in 1988.

Could all mean nothing ... but .....
1) First off. I applaud your contribution to the thread. It's definitely a topic worth discussing and I very much feel that Mr. Ventura has a legitimate case...but may not win.

2) 13 years is actually a reasonable amount of time from late lawschool to making partner. Many people make partner in their mid-30's....my one friend made it around age 32.

3) It costs $300 to file a federal lawsuit. I'm just suspicious of BOTH the TSA and the self appointed guru Ventura of making a buck off the situation. We cannot ignore the fact that this may just be attention whoring by him to make money.

WHOMEVER eventually brings the case to the correct place it will make an interesting case to follow. I just personally think Mr. Ventura isn't involved in a real suit when $300 buys you a lot of publicity.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:39 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,873 times
Ventura's lawsuit is not without merit. As the judge said he needs to address it to a federal court.

The TSA is how Obama rewards them for their generous political donations. Mind you, Obama and family do not have to suffer the indignations of their invasive pat-downs. Typical.

TSA Scans -- All Part of Obama's Plan

Obama’s TSA Ignored Cancer Risks from TSA Scanners

TSA Airport Scanners Wouldn’t Catch an Implant Bomber

Old 11-05-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) First off. I applaud your contribution to the thread. It's definitely a topic worth discussing and I very much feel that Mr. Ventura has a legitimate case...but may not win.

2) 13 years is actually a reasonable amount of time from late lawschool to making partner. Many people make partner in their mid-30's....my one friend made it around age 32.

3) It costs $300 to file a federal lawsuit. I'm just suspicious of BOTH the TSA and the self appointed guru Ventura of making a buck off the situation. We cannot ignore the fact that this may just be attention whoring by him to make money.

WHOMEVER eventually brings the case to the correct place it will make an interesting case to follow. I just personally think Mr. Ventura isn't involved in a real suit when $300 buys you a lot of publicity.

Judge Nelson is a fascist hack.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks. And, yes of course he has a legitimate case ... the American people have a legitimate case challenging these fascist police state tactics.

Quote:
It generally ranges from 7 to 10 years after joining a firm as an associate according to my not so in depth research on the matter ... that is, IF they make partner, which may never happen, or they may be offered a non-equity partner position. These partnerships in firms are reserved for it's top performers who's contributions warrant an equity position. Judge Nelson making partner in such a prestigious firm in just 4 years after joining them may not be unprecedented, or a clear indication of something out of sorts ... it's just unusual, and considered along with other things is indicative of a person being groomed and fast tracked.

Quote:
Ventura has demonstrated a consistent history of outspokenness and advocacy for liberty and suspicion of big government policy. And I believe he has been one of the few examples of "real" people in politics. So this is certainly not new or a departure for him philosophically. Therefore I see no reason to question his motives ... his anger and disgust over what's happening seems very sincere, and well grounded.

Quote:
Well, that's the point .... he did file his complaint in the right place ... the US District Court ... unfortunately, they have denied him due process by refusing to hear the case. And that should be a concern to everyone. You have to understand the far reaching implications of this action by the Court! What good are constitutional rights if they can be violated by the government at will, and the Courts refuse to even hear complaints? This action by Judge Dread literally renders the Bill of Rights ... actually the entire Constitution, null and void.

The underlying reality is that such action gives the Government free reign to act in any manner they choose without restraint.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Judge Nelson is a fascist hack.
It's a club .. and we the people are not members.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's a club .. and we the people are not members.
I wonder why Mathguy doesn't question motives in that regard.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I wonder why Mathguy doesn't question motives in that regard.
I think he's a lot like a lot of people .... this upside down, inside out world we live in is too upside down to comprehend for lots of folks. They want to make sense of it ... to reconcile reality with their image of reality .... believing that these two things must be reasonably closely related.

It's only when you realize that common perception and reality are 180 degrees apart .... that's when the light bulb comes on. And this happens on a personal level ... and the timing and triggers are different for different people.

It's like a "flavor" .... you cannot explain to someone what something tastes like without some frame of reference .... like .... "it's tastes like chocolate". That only makes sense to someone who knows what chocolate tastes like.

And this "revelation" comes in small, bite size pieces. Few people are prepared to accept the idea that EVERYTHING they believe to be reality is so far removed from actual reality.

Hitler referred to this as the "Big Lie" .... "... a lie so colossal that no one would believe that someone could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".

And others have talked about this trick of psychological deception, with the common gist being .. the bigger the lie the easier it is believed.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Good, if he cannot follow American law then he can spend the rest of his life in his beloved mexico for all I care.
When a law is unjust it is the duty of citizens to break that law. That is one of the roles of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies