Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
You are indeed the "birth" mother in terms of passing on character traits of ambition and positive goal-setting. When strong women mentor strong women, then 1%ters give "birth" to 1%ters.
That was very kind of you.

Thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 08:00 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I've stopped replying to that poster for the most part. It's fun every now and then. They are the Debbie-downer of C-D who would rather tell you how you can't than to tell you that it could be possible.

We all know those type of people...
Yes...I don't know why people are like that.

I was told over and over I would not make it.

That the men on the jobs were just making fun of me....

I knew that..

Still it was worth it.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Seriously, hawk? You're worth $20 million? Grew up in a trailer? Got $100 for college from the old man? hmmmm....

How old are you???

Old 11-08-2011, 08:11 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yep. I earn $1.2 million per year. I am sure that no one will believe that. Guess what - I don't care. I do not have to care, as I can take care of myself and my family until I die, without any further work whatsoever.

I am part of the 1%, who used to be the bottom of the barrel. The difference between me and what you perceive as "the rich" is that I am hard working, have advanced degrees, own land, am self made, and am a mean SOB. I did not get here by being a pushover.

Do I care about the 99%? Not a bit. Do I donate to the poor and charity? Quite a bit. I fully support those who are incapable of helping themselves, but despise those who are perfectly capable, yet demand handouts. For them- go to hell.
I believe that it is possible and that you indeed may have done this. We see stories of this all the time! Bill Gates ....a kid working in his parent's house......famous inventors who had no money, but they had a great idea and the WORK ETHIC to make it happen. It's a story that is happening right now, in this country!

Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
How old are you???
Mid 30s... why do you ask? Wondering if it's legal to buy me a drink? It is... I'll have a Guinness, or the darkest beer the bar has on tap if it's too sucky to serve the world's finest.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 AM

488 posts, read 554,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I found $5.00 today, I was going to share it with everyone but the Double Quarter pounder meal was $5.00 so I invested in it.
Just don't complain when you get a crappy return on that investment.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,915,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
I'm a 10%er, and I agree. ExceptI borrowed some for student loans, but paid them back.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
Just don't complain when you get a crappy return on that investment.
Oh boy did I ever

Old 11-09-2011, 11:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
For those of you who have been hawking the notion that the bottom 99% are not in the top 1% because they are lazy:

(Source: Monthly Labor Review, January 2011, Susan Fleck, John Glaser, and Shawn Sprague)

Americans have been working harder but their compensation has been dropping.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:43 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,651,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
For those of you who have been hawking the notion that the bottom 99% are not in the top 1% because they are lazy:

(Source: Monthly Labor Review, January 2011, Susan Fleck, John Glaser, and Shawn Sprague)

Americans have been working harder but their compensation has been dropping.
Isn't this attributed to competition... both global and domestic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies