Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,337,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Transcript and video of Sandusky interview with Bob Costas---

Penn State Scandal: Jerry Sandusky Speaks To Bob Costas: The Transcript - SB Nation Cleveland
I don't even want to watch that creep speak.

I am all for innocent until proven guilty, and if this were one charge by one child, maybe I could give him the benefit of the doubt. But we're talking a minimum of 40 felony counts here over a period of nearly 20 years. You'd have to believe that there's some sort of conspiracy on the part of the prosecutors to believe that he's innocent. If he had any honor, he'd admit his guilt and spare everyone the pain of having to deal with a trial and forcing witnesses to testify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 AM

809 posts, read 2,318,787 times
I can only say WOW while my eyes bulge out of their sockets.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:42 AM

15,104 posts, read 8,659,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So according to your theory sandusky is gay?
It's just not as simple, or cut and dry as you are trying to make it, since there is obviously something horribly askew with the minds of pedophiles as compared to the normal adult who's sexual attraction is strictly adult oriented.

Sorry, but I'm not taking the bait. If you want a more in depth explanation, then look here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post21717702

I'll post it shortly.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
And, getting back on topic, what do you think of the Penn State Scandal??? Should Paterno have been fired? Is this more far reaching than anyone thought? Is Sandusky guilty? Should the team play on?
Sandusky? There are far too many claims against him at this point. Yes, he deserves his day in court, a decent defense, and so forth. I don't see how he gets out of this, if the jury is decent, and I will always regard him as guilty.

Paterno had to go. He may have lived up to his legal requirement, but that's not good enough. I'm a nobody, and I've had coworkers come up to me in a panic due to some minor nonsense, and in every case, I tried to steer them in the best possible direction. Paterno was/is the patron saint of a community, whether he liked it or not, so he certainly had a far higher standard to live up to than I do. And in this one, very important case, he failed. It doesn't erase whatever good he may have done, but it's unacceptable.

Is this scandal more far reaching? Dunno, there are investigations.

One last thing - you guys saying "If I walked in on a Sandusky raping a kid, I'd murder him on the spot, McQueary's evil", or anything like that. I get it. It's an awful crime, and it angers me as well. But remember that predators like Sandusky work by finding emotionally needy people, working to build trust, and then violating that trust as much as possible. Having some random person rush in and beat the predator to death may just traumatize the child further. Yes, make sure the child is safe, use force if necessary, and report the case to authorities. But please remember that the well-being of the child is more important than your anger.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,740,185 times
Just listening to Sandusky's voice on TV gave me the heebee jeebies. I hope he goes to jail and then gets stabbed to death by an inmate like that pedophile priest.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:21 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Show me a link that says the football players were rioting, unless you're too busy hating everything around your miserable self...
Uh, Footballt**ds is a pejorative that is not limited to just the players.........it CAN apply to people directly and indirectly involved in this childish game.

And I see this worship of this childish game as one reason the creeps were able to keep this sinking ship afloat so long.....little boys and all.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,945,199 times
When Bob Costas asks Sandusky "Are you sexually attracted to young boys?" It takes Sandusky 16 seconds to get to the word "No". Wow.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:54 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,642,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
When Bob Costas asks Sandusky "Are you sexually attracted to young boys?" It takes Sandusky 16 seconds to get to the word "No". Wow.
I heard that part of the interview on the radio this morning. Very strange responding by this guy. Multiple personalities? Compartmentalized thinking? Creepy.

I remember reading a number of years back about the BTK serial murderer. When caught, this "family/church guy" said something like, 'Other than these murders, I'm a really nice guy.'

Who knows what Bizarre thinking goes on in the head of these guys.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:27 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,627,940 times
Holy crap//Sandusky is not doing well with the lying part...when you lie you should not wait about 20 seconds to answer...he's a pedophile-I've seen/heard that response about 1,000 times...next interview he will place "blame" with the victim-he will tell the story as the boys "started" it...

Old 11-15-2011, 03:48 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,642,517 times
Similar stories are emerging. The Boston Red Sox apparently had a huge cover -up sex scandal back in the '70's. Unbelievably outrageous cover-up and penalizing of the victims. One of the victims ended up going to a game & holding up a sign telling of his abuse and naming his abuser! Took 20 years for the story to come out in the 90's...and already forgotten.

"The Boston Red Sox faced a similar scandal in the early '70s and successfully kept the allegations from going public until 1991.
The team had a clubhouse manager, Donald Fitzpatrick, who during his 30 years with the team solicited sex from young boys he would hire to work during spring training."

Read more: Penn State, Second Mile Not The First To Be Embroiled In A Sex Abuse Scandal | Fox News

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...ing-pain-today

Then there's the case of a man who was sentenced last year for sexually abusing at least 8 Haitian Boys from a orphanage he started for them. Sounds similar to the Sandusky scandal. Poor kids are being taken advantage of and abused by the very people who are supposed to be rescuing them.

Douglas Perlitz Sentenced for Haitian Sex Abuse - CBS News

Last edited by doctrain; 11-15-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies