Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:22 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I could also pen an article entitled: "if you lived in Germany in 1942, wouldn't you want a nuclear bomb?"

I'm sure you would...
Not a good anology. WHo has Iran invaded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
America believes in self-determination... oh wait...

I've always found it a bit ironic that the country who has actually used these devices on other people thinks that they get to decide who we should trust to have these devices.
I would suggest reading up on the UN nuclear proliferation agreements, when they came to be, whom signed them and so forth.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:24 AM

779 posts, read 537,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I could also pen an article entitled: "if you lived in Germany in 1942, wouldn't you want a nuclear bomb?"

I'm sure you would...
Of course. It wasn't like they weren't working on it. Then, the US took the "spoils of war" tech and actually used it on other humans, and now we think we get to decide who is trustworthy enough to have them... the only people who have actually used them on others, deciding who is responsible enough have them. It would be humorous if it wasn't so sad.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:26 AM

779 posts, read 537,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I would suggest reading up on the UN nuclear proliferation agreements, when they came to be, whom signed them and so forth.
I have. It doesn't erase the glaring irony, and if you think the non-proliferation treaties were solely based on good-will towards mankind, you are being a bit naive. We were protecting our own interests.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well you can't be an Ahole for very long with a nuclear arsenal. If Pakistan and India, did not both have nuclear capabilities they would have probably already have gone to war.
They are still at war.
Indo-Pakistani wars and conflicts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Annual deaths in the Kashmir region make the Israeli\Pal conflict look like kindergartners fighting over a toy at recess.

I again assert that the article is pretty stupid in saying how Iran is surrounded by enemies....and not explaining why.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ummm no, I would want peace, prosperity, and good government. Kinda like in Norway, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, and all the other countries who feel no need to have nukes.
How about the USA? I assume it is your country?

Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
I don't have any problem with the U.S. telling Iran that there are costs associated with their nuclear ambitions. It's not a good idea for them to have a bomb. The Mullahs are nuts enough to use it - just to accelerate the coming of Allah.

Even if they never use the bomb - they should have to pay an economic price for having it. Sanctions.

If Iran learned how to get along with the rest of the world - they could prosper without a nuclear bomb.

Israel wouldn't have any desire to attack Iran if Iran wasn't so Hell bent on wiping Israelis off the face of the Earth.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Smoke screen from another Islamist.

These duplicitist radicals will say anything to suck you progressives in.

Progressives just more lambs being led to the slaughter.

Mehdi is another enabler of the sort that preached to the hijackers of 911.

You liberals really don't get it do you.

MehdiHasanYazidHomoKaffir - YouTube

Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I have. It doesn't erase the glaring irony, and if you think the non-proliferation treaties were solely based on good-will towards mankind, you are being a bit naive. We were protecting our own interests.
Ah, so they have to be SOLELY altruistic? In that case why aren't we giving nukes to Saudi Arabia?

Non-proliferation is a HUGE international issue, it's not ironic and certainly not a US only issue.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:38 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ah, so they have to be SOLELY altruistic? In that case why aren't we giving nukes to Saudi Arabia?
Are you sure that they don't have them? Israel still will not admit that they have nuclear weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies