Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times

Advertisements

This post is taken from another board here on CD. Seems conservative politicians are not the only ones who flub a line, or horrors, are human and become confused.

Thanks to Battleneter on the Australian and New Zealand

“ Oh Dear how embarrassing for Aussies, The loved President Obama praising Australia for a NZ achievement while addressing Parliament!

"making Australia the first nation to let women vote and run for parliament and, one day, become prime minister"

Obama Citation Flub to Aussie Parliament

Actual History

BBC - Radio 4 Woman's Hour - Timeline:When women got the vote

Well with the US occupying Australia, I guess the victor does get to re-write history ”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 05:24 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
This post is taken from another board here on CD. Seems conservative politicians are not the only ones who flub a line, or horrors, are human and become confused.

“ Oh Dear how embarrassing for Aussies, The loved President Obama praising Australia for a NZ achievement while addressing Parliament!

"making Australia the first nation to let women vote and run for parliament and, one day, become prime minister"

Actual History

Well with the US occupying Australia, I guess the victor does get to re-write history ”
Obama was right, women who owned property in South Australia got the vote in 1865.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
All I can say is that the school Obama attended must have had a horrible history/geography/social studies curriculum. From his "57 states" to Hawaii being part of "Asia" to this..he needs to get someone on his staff who got an "A" in that subject.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Just more stupidity from Obama, but he will get a free pass.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
I guess that is what happens when he opens his mouth. I'm glad that he keeps embarrasing himself.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:53 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post

Actual History

There's an Occupy Australia, too? Damn..these guys are like cockroaches..they're everywhere!!

Sorry..I know its unrelated..just couldn't help myself!!

Old 11-19-2011, 07:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Oh, just wait. The revisionist dems and liberals will attempt to parse this out to say that 0-bama really meant something else, not what he said.

You know, like his promises prior to election versus what has happened since.

Perhaps he had Biden take notes for him in world and domestic history and to report him as "present".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies