Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 02:34 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times

Advertisements

Un-freaking-believable.

I really and truly want this to be a vicious lie....

Pepsi is using aborted baby cells to develop flavor enhancers – Boycott called against Pepsico « Stand True Christ Centered Pro-life (http://bryankemper.com/2011/05/27/pepsi-is-using-aborted-baby-cells-to-develop-flavor-enhancers-boycott-called-against-pepsico/ - broken link)

ETA: Just ignore the Jesus stuff, ok????? I am not making this into a religion debate. I'm just horrified by the FACTS.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 02:38 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
I'm sure their zombie overlords would be pleased by this.

There's not actually aborted fetus cells in the soda. They use HEK293 (human embryonic kidney cells) to test reception of lower sugar drinks. While it sounds terrible at face value, these cells are used in a variety of scientific areas due to their ease of use. And what is soda but a concoction of chemicals capable of taking rust off just about any surface?

Old 11-25-2011, 02:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Un-freaking-believable.

Pepsi is using aborted baby cells to develop flavor enhancers – Boycott called against Pepsico « Stand True Christ Centered Pro-life (http://bryankemper.com/2011/05/27/pepsi-is-using-aborted-baby-cells-to-develop-flavor-enhancers-boycott-called-against-pepsico/ - broken link)

ETA: Just ignore the Jesus stuff, ok????? I am not making this into a religion debate. I'm just horrified by the FACTS.

20yrsinBranson
The thing about this one that bothers me most is the fact that someone has aborted the being whose parts are being used. After all, abortion is worse to me than using parts from already murdered babies. Does Pepsi cause a more ready market for aborted cells? I doubt that but it is possible that the buying of the cells from the accused company does make them more able to sell the parts. Now, do the abortion people make money from this or is just the one company so bad?

What will happen when you find we are living off the bodies of other humans like we old people who know about Soylent Green and it comes from our bodies that have been harvested as many say will happen from Obamacare.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown hero View Post
There are no limits to greed. Very disgusting.
When you buy hamburger that you didn't see ground, and you do, are you sure that there are no human remains in it?

Old 11-25-2011, 02:52 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
If not using aborted fetus for anything else why not science? You don't want to waste stuff, kinda like I just used turkey carcass to make a nice stock that I froze.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:54 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Un-freaking-believable.

20yrsinBranson
Let's see... loosely hidden "Jesus stuff" and clearly open anti-science stuff. Naw, no agenda there, huh?

Old 11-25-2011, 03:01 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I'm sure their zombie overlords would be pleased by this.

There's not actually aborted fetus cells in the soda. They use HEK293 (human embryonic kidney cells) to test reception of lower sugar drinks. While it sounds terrible at face value, these cells are used in a variety of scientific areas due to their ease of use. And what is soda but a concoction of chemicals capable of taking rust off just about any surface?
It's just not right.

In the old days, they lined up a bunch of people and had them taste the product and asked them... "Hey, how does that taste?"

I don't want human body parts used in the development of food products. It's just nasty and gross.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-25-2011, 03:06 PM

299 posts, read 642,123 times
I was already boycotting Pepsi (disgusting soda). This is even more of a reason a reason for me to stay away Pepsi.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
If this is true I will no longer drink Pepsi products. I do not want human parts in my drinks.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:10 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
I was already boycotting Pepsi (disgusting soda). This is even more of a reason a reason for me to stay away Pepsi.
Did it say anywhere that the company in question (Senomyx) that supposedly uses third-generation cells germinated from aborted fetal tissues to test flavor enhancers only sells their flavor enhancers to Pepsi? How about getting a list of all the companies who buy flavor enhancers?

Why is the title of the article written in a misleading way to make it sound as if the story was something other than it was? Why did they single out Pepsi?

Why don't people ask questions when they read something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies