Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
why do so many straight people STILL see homosexuality in the mindset of 'doing something bad' or a 'drug addiction?'
We can be sure that they speak from personal experience, and made a choice about being straight at some point in their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I've seen many posts on here and other sites where people compare homosexuality to not following rules, (they compared the former DADT policy with someone being kicked out for being drunk or breaking a rule etc.)

or to a drug addiction.

the funny thing is they never compare their own sexual orientation to these things or see it in this way, they just see it as a trait that's not chosen that has NOTHING TO DO with these things but is more akin to hair color or sex.

BUT

when it comes to homosexuality they don't see it this way, but that's EXACTLY what it is.

homosexuality feels JUST the same as a homosexual that being straight does to a heterosexual person. it's not a THING like breaking a law but a part of your born identity that was just always there that you never really thought of. i wouldn't even think someone would DREAM about SEEING in these ways.

why is this?
Who cares? Some people hate opera, why is this?

Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Out of over 37,000 Bible verses, only 5-6 even mention same-sex activity, and 1) Every single one refers to pagan worship practices and 2) 2 of them are in the Torah, which all Christians ignore anyway.
Jesus didn't ignore them. Jesus said if you want eternal life, then you must follow the commandments...all of them....all 613 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Every time I read one of the threads involving homosexuality, the comments from the anti-gay posters make me more supportive of gay rights. Their arguments seem so preposterous and hilarious.
Preposterous and hilarious?

How long have you been on Earth?

Well, it doesn't really matter, because it doesn't take too long to figure out that every single one of the millions of living organisms on this Planet have evolved to do one and only one thing...

...procreate.

Procreation is the raison d'etre of every single living organism on Earth.

The need to procreate is so important that living organisms have developed means that are wondrous, fascinating, beautiful and sometimes horrid.

The Black Widow Spider eats her mate, but she needs that nutrition to live long enough to lay the eggs and protect them until they hatch. Some organisms travel hundreds or thousands of miles to procreate, like giant sea turtles, many fish and some birds.
The fact that you have a brain that is capable of reasoning does not alter the fact that your raison d'etre is to procreate.

The fact that you choose not to procreate does not alter the fact that your raison d'etre is to procreate.

Homosexuality is contrary to the raison d'etre of humanity; it is the antithesis of procreation; it is anathema to life itself, in exactly the same way that murder is anathema to life.

I don't have to be tolerate rapists and murderers anymore than I have to tolerate homosexuals. And you can shout "Bigot!" and scream than I am intolerant and a "hater" or whatever, but that falls on deaf ears.

I don't listen to country music or watch NASCAR, and you can call me an intolerant bigot hater for that too, if you want, but I don't give a damn.

When you can demonstrate to me that homosexuality furthers procreation, I'll give them the time of day. Otherwise, I'll continue to ignore them, and they won't get any support from me, and they damn sure won't be getting my tax dollars to fund their activities.

And you can't tell me that homosexuals are "wired differently," although I have seen medical evidence to indicate that some might be. The reason homosexuality was originally listed in the DSM, was that there is a psychological basis, namely, having or exercising [sexual] power and control over another man, or in the case of women, having or exercising [sexual] power and control over another woman.

I see no evidence whatsoever that "bisexuals" (snicker) are "wired differently." All of the evidence suggests that is purely a psychological basis for sexual gratification and/or having or exercising [sexual] power or control over another of the same sex (and often over members of the opposite sex as well).

Sorry, I never had the benefit of a sheltered life. I routinely investigated 2-3 (or more) domestic disputes/assaults/violence every shift (even on the damn day shift). I've seen things most people will never see (like death by misadventure via auto-erotic asphyxiation -- their little elaborate fail-safe systems usually always fail).

If homosexuals want my support, their best bet is to dump the whole LGBT mantra and just focus on homosexuality.

Quote:
Gender roles are absolutely a societal construct. Can you prove otherwise?
Are you suggesting that men have mammary glands and produce milk, or that men have vaginas and uteri? I sure hope not, because that would be quite silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Wow, that's a lot of deflection, and none of it addresses homosexuality. I asked what did JESUS say about homosexuality? I already know the answer, I'm just seeing if you do.

Luke 10:25 Now an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus, saying, “Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?†10:26 He said to him, “What is written in the law?

The law includes all 613 of them. Jesus repeatedly says that you must follow the commandments if you want eternal life (whatever that means)...and there are 613 commandments.

Matthew 19:4 He answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female, 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.â€

Jesus doesn't say a man will leave his father and mother to be united with another man.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Luke 10:25 Now an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus, saying, “Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?†10:26 He said to him, “What is written in the law?

The law includes all 613 of them. Jesus repeatedly says that you must follow the commandments if you want eternal life (whatever that means)...and there are 613 commandments.
This is news to me. Do you have a link to all 613 commandments?

quote=Mircea;21938259]Matthew 19:4 He answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female, 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.â€

Jesus doesn't say a man will leave his father and mother to be united with another man.[/quote]

So Jesus doesn't say anything specifically against it, but he also doesn't say anything to support it. That's your argument? Really? It all boils down to whether you believe being gay is a choice or not. I do not believe it's a choice, I believe they have as much choice being homosexual as I do being heterosexual. If they are "detestable" and eternally damned for something that is beyond their control, than that's pretty f'd up.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
This is news to me. Do you have a link to all 613 commandments?
Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

Old 12-01-2011, 05:21 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Please explain this then.

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Try explaining this>>>>>

"In particular, those who cite Leviticus 20:13 (“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman . . .â€) as an authoritative statement on the ethics of homosexuality should be asked whether they also accept the original understanding of that law, which is that there is no penalty for men who have sexual relations with boys under the age of nine years and one day. Or perhaps instead, proponents of Biblical morality can admit that there are times when moral codes can and must be modified in light of new knowledge and understanding"

Homosexuality and Child Sexual Abuse

What folks like you don't get is that many people simply do not believe in The Bible and most sane people totally dismiss Leviticus.

And everyone agrees we don't want any one person's religion shoved down our throats. We are all free to believe or not believe what religion we may choose....or none at all.

That's America!!!!

Feel free to believe what you wish but most of us don't try shoving our religious dogmas onto others.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,950,065 times
Sexual Ideology changes with the ages throughout time....in the past some cultures where much more open to sex, and others more closed to openess of sexuality. America is a country founded by puritan ideals. The Romans and Greek cultures on the other hand saw bi-sexuality as part of life.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:37 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Sexual Ideology changes with the ages throughout time....in the past some cultures where much more open to sex, and others more closed to openess of sexuality. America is a country founded by puritan ideals. The Romans and Greek cultures on the other hand saw bi-sexuality as part of life.
Why do people say we're sexually repressed? I really don't see that at all... but again, I've never traveled to other countries, so I don't know.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Yes, all of those most certainly came staight from God, and were not altered by man in any way.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:50 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Originally Posted by quality guy
The Bible (Word of God) does tell us Exactly that!!!

NO! You might want to STOP spreading False nonsense...and blatant lies regarding the Holy Bible, before God becomes really angry with you!
LOL, you are hilarious. Your bible if full of bull that is over 2000 years old. It is not true, it is just a book written and rewritten too many times for the true book to even be discernible, it is fiction, not fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies