Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,029,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Bill is actually a Libertarian.
Bill is a Libertarian like Oprah is a republican. Silly Bill...
he makes his wonderful living mocking religion while
mocking money and talking about religion Sounds no
different than any other snake oil salesman on the tube -
Oprah included. The slicked back hair should be a clue

From this Libertarian and atheist to Maher's ear piece - Your
so full of **** - heavy duty full of **** - there isn't
a valley in Yosemite than can contain your ****.

Don't give Libertarians a bad name with your crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 07:06 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,345,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Time for someone to take his smarmy, pandering arse to task.

He should be familiar with Oprah's ways . He ran a show on HBO where he stacked the chairs with "like thinkers" and ripped in to the one lone non-like thinker..and let that one non-like thinker get run over, interrupted, ignored...he got canned b/c he SUCKED as a host. His partisanship (not libertarian, no matter what he says...run tape to prove what a liberal idiot he is) got him cut.

He's a troll.
Bill Maher is still on HBO - his new season starts in January.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Fake as in someone who acts a certain way on purpose to get attention. In other words, most people on tv these days.

Are you a fan or something?
I am a fan. Bill Maher's a lot of things, but I don't think fake is one of them. He is what he is. Don't like him? Don't watch his show.

Fake, IMO, would be the typical televangelist who doesn't believe in a word of what he/she is preaching, but blathers the same nonsense over and over again to rake in the bucks from their gullible telecongregations.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,657,685 times
Bill Maher is worthless - he say things to get ratings and fools a lot of folks. Not really sure a person like him serves a whole lot of good purpose in the world. He only seeks to destroy what others do or believe.

Of course he is a fake, if you are foolish enough to believe he is not, then you have made your own bed. Bill Maher saying "Merry Christmas" is about as fake as it gets.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:25 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,213,341 times
I love Bill Maher. I think he's hilarious...but I don't know what his clips of money-winning game contestants have to do with his rant about Christmas.

While I agree that the religious holiday as been overshadowed by Christians trying to be PC and non-Christians who celebrate the holiday without the religious observance, that does not change the core reason for the celebration.

It's very interesting that Bill mocks those who are excited to win stuff. This from a man worth millions. I would imagine that if I had his net worth, I too wouldn't jump up and down over a sweater or Foreman grill. But I'm not, so getting free stuff/money, etc is always fun.

The Bible doesn't condemn those who want money. The condemnation is the worship of money. Many folks miss this distinction.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,156,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
You wouldn't like him, he's a militant atheist.
That he is. Bill Mahers a clown, not only is he a religous bigot, but a undercover racist(like most liberals). He is the same clown that said just because Obama is black that he should be acting more "gangsta".

Old 12-06-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Bill Maher is worthless - he say things to get ratings and fools a lot of folks. Not really sure a person like him serves a whole lot of good purpose in the world. He only seeks to destroy what others do or believe.

Of course he is a fake, if you are foolish enough to believe he is not, then you have made your own bed. Bill Maher saying "Merry Christmas" is about as fake as it gets.
The video clip in the OP is of a segment from his show. It was not intended to be sincere wish for a Merry Christmas...

Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That he is. Bill Mahers a clown, not only is he a religous bigot, but a undercover racist(like most liberals). He is the same clown that said just because Obama is black that he should be acting more "gangsta".
To put the quote in context...

RealClearPolitics - Video - Bill Maher: "First Black President" Obama Not Acting "Gangsta"

Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,636,903 times
Bill Maher, to me, is a hypocrite. Although I don't like Oprah or Ellen, they have both gave significant amounts to those less fortunate. Oprah has started schools across the world and built shelters and homes and has gave alot of money to missions and charities. What exactly has Bill Maher done to be judging what he thinks Oprah hasn't? Besides raking in the millions he has. For him to claim to be a liberal is laughable.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,156,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
What context? Bill Maher is a racist, he equates black people with gangsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies