Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

With the alarming acceleration of the curtailment of our rights, I'm becoming concerned whether there will even be an election in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Practice runs for Continuity of Gov't in the case of an emergency, an emergency declared at the sole discretion of the President.

U.S. Army prepares to invade U.S. - YouTube

RON PAUL 2012
Paul wants to bring all the toops back HERE, I wonder what that means

Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
there aren't enough tin foil hats in the world to cover the insanity in this thread.

Here's another one. I'm going to start selling them on ebay for a couple of bucks apiece.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
The crazies seem to think that the FEMA folks who bungled Katrina will suddenly become much better at rounding up and storing citizens.
Bungled Katrina?

You could have done better? Really?

Show me the math.

If you know what you're talking about, that should be easy for you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
This isn't a theory, it's a fact. I see them, they're barbed wire with the wire facing inward to keep people in.
You see "barbed wire?"

Really?

Wow, aren't you the expert.

Quote:
Fort dix is shut off unless you're military but when I use to drive through there you see how big it is, lots of training type areas and abandoned buildings like depicted in this video, but no longer accessible to even military.
Yes, there's facility on Fort Dix. So what?

That facility has been there since the 1930s. It was used by US Army Reserve and National Guard military police units to train them in EPW/CI methods.

They can do hands-on training, or sit around and talk about it. Which method do you think is most effective in terms of training, actually practicing or talking about it?

Quote:
I don't need source. I'm a source myself, but since people are to lazy to look something up themself.
You, a source? Ha. You're the least competent and least qualified to comment on detention facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
looks like a lot of security for an empty lot.
To an untrained person? Sure, I'd venture to guess that the uninformed would be wowed.

I looked at the video. There's nothing there. Since I'm the only person on this forum even remotely qualified to evaluate such facilities, I'll tell you exactly what you're looking for with respect to detention facilities or camps.

There'll be an exterior fence consisting of 3-meter chain, Y-outrigger with razor wire, and razor wire roll; fence fabric anchored to the ground with concrete blocks buried one meter into the ground; a fence fabric sensor weaved through the fence fabric about 1 meter from off of the ground; an interior fence 4 meters from the exterior fence consisting of 3 meter chain, Y-outrigger with razor wire and razor wire roll; and the fence fabric anchored to the ground with concrete blocks buried one meter into the ground.

The fence fabric sensor (depending on the manufacturer) will appear very much like standard 75-ohm coax, 300 ohm line or an ether-net line (the exterior coating will be black in color). It detects vibrations, so if you grab the fence, step into the fence or attempt to cut the fence fabric, it sends a signal which alerts the security force.

There will be a vehicle gate, often referred to as a Sally Port. It will be a standard 3 meter chain gate. The exterior gate is opened, the vehicle enters, the gate is secured and the vehicle is searched, then the interior gate is opened. Reverse that for vehicles exiting the facility.

The personnel gate will be adjacent to the Sally Port and consist of one electronic turnstile, not 5 of them.

There may be exterior alarm systems based on microwave or laser technology. You'll know a microwave system because about 3 meter from the exterior fence, the ground will have been dug up, leveled and have 3"-5" river jack dumped onto it. Those are large gravel and the purpose is allow water to drain instead of remaining standing on the surface, which can result in false alarms (the microwave sensors would be triggered if the wind blew and a small pool of water rippled).

Microwave systems are also paired. There will be a transmitter and receiver looking like any other microwave transmitter/receiver (like on a cell tower). It emits a cigar-shaped electromagnetic wave, so the least secure point is right underneath either the receiver or transmitter. They are thus placed in such a way as to not allow people to crawl under them.

Laser systems are paired vertical bars, a transmitter and an absorber/reflector. The beams will be 6"to 8" apart.

There are a couple of companies that manufacture towers and platforms. They're constructed at intervals of 10 meters in height, usually from 20 meters to 40 meters. It may also have concrete block towers.

The facility will be in the shape of a pentagon, hexagon or octagon to facilitate viewing the interior of the facility from the towers.

Military facilities will have buildings on the exterior and interior. Interior buildings house the internees, and exterior buildings house the guard force and administrative personnel.

An additional security force will be located off of the premises within a distance to be able to respond within 30 minutes or less to any breech of security or other problems that arise.

The Amtrak facility in the video is nothing more than an Amtrak facility. Amtrak is owned by the government, and the facility is a government asset, and being an asset, it should be protected from vandals, squatters and others, which is exactly what they have done.

If the government did not do that, then people would be screaming bloody murder that the government failed to protect a tax-payer funded facility which has been damaged and looted (of things like copper piping/tubing and wiring) and that they had to fork out more tax-payer money to repair it.

But if the government attempts to protect the facility from damage, then "it's a FEMA camp." No, it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I know a lot of you do not take this guy seriously....but a few of the things he has said were going to happen, ended up happening.

Now what do you all think of this?
I think people are very good at preying on the fears of the ignorant and ill-informed. I wish I could remove the moral and ethical blocks that prevent me from preying on the fears of others. I could make a helluva lot of money.

Regarding the links you posted to the idiot site, some things you should know so you don't look so foolish in the future.

With the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the future role of FEMA in emergency management, some of these Executive Orders (EOs) have been modified to reflect those changes.

The original EOs were:

EO 12148: FEMA has control in national security emergencies or any declared national disaster, social unrest, insurrection, or national financial crisis.

EO 10995: "... provides for the seizure of all communications media in the United States."

EO 10997: "... provides for the seizure of all electric power, petroleum, gas, fuels and minerals, both public and private."

EO 10998: "... provides for the seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private, and all farms, lands, and equipment."

EO 10999: "... provides for the seizure of all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind. FEMA has total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways."

EO 11000: "... provides for the reassignment and relocation of American citizens for work forces under federal supervision. If necessary, families may be separated to achieve FEMA goals."

EO 11001: "... provides for government seizure of all health, education and welfare functions."

EO 11002: "... designates the postmaster general to conduct a national registration of all persons." Essentially you would be required to report to your local post office and register. From there you would be reassigned or relocated.

EO 11003: "... provides for government control of all airports and aircraft, commercial, public and private."

EO 11004: "... provides for the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, designate areas to be abandoned and establish new locations for populations."

EO 11005: "... provides for government control of all railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities."

EO 11051: "... the office of Emergency Planning [has] complete authorization to put the above orders into effect in time of increased international tension or economic or financial crisis."

Nixon combined all of the preceding Executive Orders into EO 11490, so those EOs have all been revoked and are non-existent.

In June of 1994, Clinton signed off on EO 12919: "National Defense Industrial Resources Preparedness" which delegates authority to FEMA for certain actions.

EO 12919 also supersedes or revokes eleven previous Executive Orders issued between 1939 and 1991, and amends Executive Orders 10789 and 11790.

So, web-sites listing Executive Orders that have been revoked, rescinded, amended or superseded are really nothing more than disinformation sites.

Regarding the list/maps of so-called "camps," outside of those facilities specifically built during the REX84 program, and apart from those recent facilities built under contract by Haliburton and KBR, they are nothing.

For example, the, um, "detention facility" (snicker) off of I-75 in Ohio at the rock quarry is.....drum-roll please.....a rock quarry. It's near Lima, Ohio if anyone wants to go.

Why is it fenced in? To keep people from dumping toxic waste, waste, stolen vehicles, stolen weapons, weapons, and dead bodies there, plus to keep people from swimming in the rock quarry, because if someone drowned, then the family would sue because they didn't put a fence around the rock quarry.

Also, the estimates of "camp populations" are amusing to say the least. The facility they claim would hold 20,000 would barely hold 2,000 at most.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:12 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
The FEMA concentration camps scare is a great old chestnut.

It's too bad that they don't keep the really old posts around here or I would embarass the heck out of some of our resident scaredy cats that keep bringing this up anytime an election is looming.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:49 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Bungled Katrina?

You could have done better? Really?

Show me the math.

If you know what you're talking about, that should be easy for you do.

You see "barbed wire?"

Really?

Wow, aren't you the expert.

Yes, there's facility on Fort Dix. So what?

That facility has been there since the 1930s. It was used by US Army Reserve and National Guard military police units to train them in EPW/CI methods.

They can do hands-on training, or sit around and talk about it. Which method do you think is most effective in terms of training, actually practicing or talking about it?

You, a source? Ha. You're the least competent and least qualified to comment on detention facilities.

To an untrained person? Sure, I'd venture to guess that the uninformed would be wowed.

I looked at the video. There's nothing there. Since I'm the only person on this forum even remotely qualified to evaluate such facilities, I'll tell you exactly what you're looking for with respect to detention facilities or camps.

There'll be an exterior fence consisting of 3-meter chain, Y-outrigger with razor wire, and razor wire roll; fence fabric anchored to the ground with concrete blocks buried one meter into the ground; a fence fabric sensor weaved through the fence fabric about 1 meter from off of the ground; an interior fence 4 meters from the exterior fence consisting of 3 meter chain, Y-outrigger with razor wire and razor wire roll; and the fence fabric anchored to the ground with concrete blocks buried one meter into the ground.

The fence fabric sensor (depending on the manufacturer) will appear very much like standard 75-ohm coax, 300 ohm line or an ether-net line (the exterior coating will be black in color). It detects vibrations, so if you grab the fence, step into the fence or attempt to cut the fence fabric, it sends a signal which alerts the security force.

There will be a vehicle gate, often referred to as a Sally Port. It will be a standard 3 meter chain gate. The exterior gate is opened, the vehicle enters, the gate is secured and the vehicle is searched, then the interior gate is opened. Reverse that for vehicles exiting the facility.

The personnel gate will be adjacent to the Sally Port and consist of one electronic turnstile, not 5 of them.

There may be exterior alarm systems based on microwave or laser technology. You'll know a microwave system because about 3 meter from the exterior fence, the ground will have been dug up, leveled and have 3"-5" river jack dumped onto it. Those are large gravel and the purpose is allow water to drain instead of remaining standing on the surface, which can result in false alarms (the microwave sensors would be triggered if the wind blew and a small pool of water rippled).

Microwave systems are also paired. There will be a transmitter and receiver looking like any other microwave transmitter/receiver (like on a cell tower). It emits a cigar-shaped electromagnetic wave, so the least secure point is right underneath either the receiver or transmitter. They are thus placed in such a way as to not allow people to crawl under them.

Laser systems are paired vertical bars, a transmitter and an absorber/reflector. The beams will be 6"to 8" apart.

There are a couple of companies that manufacture towers and platforms. They're constructed at intervals of 10 meters in height, usually from 20 meters to 40 meters. It may also have concrete block towers.

The facility will be in the shape of a pentagon, hexagon or octagon to facilitate viewing the interior of the facility from the towers.

Military facilities will have buildings on the exterior and interior. Interior buildings house the internees, and exterior buildings house the guard force and administrative personnel.

An additional security force will be located off of the premises within a distance to be able to respond within 30 minutes or less to any breech of security or other problems that arise.

The Amtrak facility in the video is nothing more than an Amtrak facility. Amtrak is owned by the government, and the facility is a government asset, and being an asset, it should be protected from vandals, squatters and others, which is exactly what they have done.

If the government did not do that, then people would be screaming bloody murder that the government failed to protect a tax-payer funded facility which has been damaged and looted (of things like copper piping/tubing and wiring) and that they had to fork out more tax-payer money to repair it.

But if the government attempts to protect the facility from damage, then "it's a FEMA camp." No, it is not.

I think people are very good at preying on the fears of the ignorant and ill-informed. I wish I could remove the moral and ethical blocks that prevent me from preying on the fears of others. I could make a helluva lot of money.

Regarding the links you posted to the idiot site, some things you should know so you don't look so foolish in the future.

With the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the future role of FEMA in emergency management, some of these Executive Orders (EOs) have been modified to reflect those changes.

The original EOs were:

EO 12148: FEMA has control in national security emergencies or any declared national disaster, social unrest, insurrection, or national financial crisis.

EO 10995: "... provides for the seizure of all communications media in the United States."

EO 10997: "... provides for the seizure of all electric power, petroleum, gas, fuels and minerals, both public and private."

EO 10998: "... provides for the seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private, and all farms, lands, and equipment."

EO 10999: "... provides for the seizure of all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind. FEMA has total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways."

EO 11000: "... provides for the reassignment and relocation of American citizens for work forces under federal supervision. If necessary, families may be separated to achieve FEMA goals."

EO 11001: "... provides for government seizure of all health, education and welfare functions."

EO 11002: "... designates the postmaster general to conduct a national registration of all persons." Essentially you would be required to report to your local post office and register. From there you would be reassigned or relocated.

EO 11003: "... provides for government control of all airports and aircraft, commercial, public and private."

EO 11004: "... provides for the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, designate areas to be abandoned and establish new locations for populations."

EO 11005: "... provides for government control of all railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities."

EO 11051: "... the office of Emergency Planning [has] complete authorization to put the above orders into effect in time of increased international tension or economic or financial crisis."

Nixon combined all of the preceding Executive Orders into EO 11490, so those EOs have all been revoked and are non-existent.

In June of 1994, Clinton signed off on EO 12919: "National Defense Industrial Resources Preparedness" which delegates authority to FEMA for certain actions.

EO 12919 also supersedes or revokes eleven previous Executive Orders issued between 1939 and 1991, and amends Executive Orders 10789 and 11790.

So, web-sites listing Executive Orders that have been revoked, rescinded, amended or superseded are really nothing more than disinformation sites.

Regarding the list/maps of so-called "camps," outside of those facilities specifically built during the REX84 program, and apart from those recent facilities built under contract by Haliburton and KBR, they are nothing.

For example, the, um, "detention facility" (snicker) off of I-75 in Ohio at the rock quarry is.....drum-roll please.....a rock quarry. It's near Lima, Ohio if anyone wants to go.

Why is it fenced in? To keep people from dumping toxic waste, waste, stolen vehicles, stolen weapons, weapons, and dead bodies there, plus to keep people from swimming in the rock quarry, because if someone drowned, then the family would sue because they didn't put a fence around the rock quarry.

Also, the estimates of "camp populations" are amusing to say the least. The facility they claim would hold 20,000 would barely hold 2,000 at most.
I have a lot of respect for you Mircea, you always back up what you say with intel. However, we have a healthy fear of this overblown gov't that seeks evermore control over us. Power corrupts, I don't think you would argue with that. We the people have handed our power over to the hands of politicians, expecting them to protect our liberties, which they are hellbent on eroding.
I was one that saw no problem with the Patriot Act, saying if you have nothing to hide, what's the problem. I have changed my tune.
So, my question to you is, do you or did you support the Patriot Act? Not to change the subject, I just want to understand how much trust you have in our gov't.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
You folks may want to look into this army reg of civilian labor inmate program.

http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/R210_35.PDF

Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You folks may want to look into this army reg of civilian labor inmate program.

http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/R210_35.PDF
That link was in the article I posted when I started this thread...but I bet nobody bothered to look at it...

Funny huh?

Also keep in mind it is a ARMY.MIL website.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Yea, he's the idiot for idiots who think he's a real patriot, but he gives some truth, then spins it and discredits himself because that's his job. You wouldn't understand mass propaganda.

I don't need source. I'm a source myself, but since people are to lazy to look something up themself. And your comment about me being a republican, I don't know why u guys have such a hard-on with bipartisanship. I equally hate both parties.
I witnessed the heavy hand of government when a democrat was in charge and I saw it live on my tv set. It happened in Waco.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
That link was in the article I posted when I started this thread...but I bet nobody bothered to look at it...

Funny huh?

Also keep in mind it is a ARMY.MIL website.
I didn't catch it. That thing had links all over it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies