Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 02:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Neither I nor most other Americans think they have a "choice, nor do we think they're "perverted" or "sick" (And I'm a conservative BTW).

And, you compare gay people to murderers? Wow! It's scary to think that there are people with this mindset in 2011.
Smells funny up in here, dontcha think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 02:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
If my best friend came out to me as a Republican Teabagger, I would immediately cut him off and possibly think about getting a restraining order to keep the teabagger away from me. I'm sorry, but I take politics very seriously. Been friends with Republicans... especially teabaggers is not cool in my book.
Wow.... a restraining order?!? You have to have legitimate reasons to get one you know. Someone being a Republican won't cut it, even with the most liberal judges in the most liberal places in the country.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Wow.... a restraining order?!? You have to have legitimate reasons to get one you know. Someone being a Republican won't cut it, even with the most liberal judges in the most liberal places in the country.
Drama queen.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:48 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
RLarson, if your former friend couldn't stand up for values he held as acceptable in your presence when he later was faced with some other person's values then neither of you lost much of anything.

Ask any Log Cabin Republican.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:58 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The way you think is what is wrong with this Country. I know Gay parents that are better parents on any day of the week, then so many married couples who for some odd reason could not make the marriage work.

No what is sick and perverted, are those our children are suppose to put their trust in, such as , teachers, Principles, Priests, Coaches, etc. the very people we are suppose to trust our children with.
That is sick and perverted. Parents who take the life of their own children is perverted. Gay People make the choice, that is not yours to make. Have your opinion, not everyone feels as you do.

See the good in people please, we make too many non issues stand in our way, of seeing the good in people for who they are.

Coaches, who abuse sexually small children, are perverted bastards!
i THINK THOSE PREIST, COACHES, TEACHERS AND PEOPLE WHO TAKE THE LIFE OF THEIR CHILDREN ALL HAVE A CHOICE. TO DO PERVERTED THINGS OR NOT. GAY PEOPLE ARE RIGHT THERE IN THAT SAME CATIGORY AS ALL OF THE OBOVE! THEY ALL HAVE A CHOICE AND THEY ARE ALL SICK BASTARDS!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
If my best friend came out to me as a Republican Teabagger, I would immediately cut him off and possibly think about getting a restraining order to keep the teabagger away from me. I'm sorry, but I take politics very seriously. Been friends with Republicans... especially teabaggers is not cool in my book.
Put the drink down and reflect on what you've just said...

Old 12-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
i THINK THOSE PREIST, COACHES, TEACHERS AND PEOPLE WHO TAKE THE LIFE OF THEIR CHILDREN ALL HAVE A CHOICE. TO DO PERVERTED THINGS OR NOT. GAY PEOPLE ARE RIGHT THERE IN THAT SAME CATIGORY AS ALL OF THE OBOVE! THEY ALL HAVE A CHOICE AND THEY ARE ALL SICK BASTARDS!
Step away from the computer, take a deep breath, and think about what you just posted, nevermind the crazee caps.
Fear=hate, as demonstrated by your post.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Step away from the computer, take a deep breath, and think about what you just posted, nevermind the crazee caps.
Fear=hate, as demonstrated by your post.

I guess he (I assume) is "screaming"...?!?

A little hate-filled temper tantrum, eh?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:

I guess he (I assume) is "screaming"...?!?

A little hate-filled temper tantrum, eh?
Right?????

Old 12-11-2011, 11:53 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I believe it's all a matter of respect.
I haven't changed my political views for a long time, but I was once on the other side of the fence from where I am now. I have friends who have done the same- time, circumstances, bad and good experiences, re-marriage to a new spouse, and many other things can change a person's politics.

All my closest friends know where I am politically, as I know where they stand. I believe it's up to me whether or not to engage any of them in a political conversation, and it's up to me as to how fervent such a discussion becomes. It's not hard to find agreement in some things with a friend, and spending more effort in finding where we agree is always better than getting all heated about where we disagree.

I have some friends I know will get hot if we get into any political discussion. With them, I just never go there, and I don't allow myself to get sucked in. It always takes two to tango, after all.

Most of my friends aren't unbalanced in their political thoughts. Sometimes, one will ask for my opinions on something specific, with honest curiosity and no attempts at baiting the question to start a fight. When that happens, I'll talk about it very specifically, and let them take from it what they will. I am not one who wants to try and convert anyone to only my way of thinking- I learned long ago that nobody who deeply believes something is going to change their beliefs on another person's thoughts alone.

I have many friends. I would rather keep every one of them than get all humped up because they won't agree with me. I respect them, and I get mutual respect from them. I don't hang around with people who I don't respect, but politics alone doesn't lose or earn my respect for a friend of mine- there is just too much other stuff in life to share and enjoy.

But I'm 67. While I have friends of all ages, both much younger and older than me, I've learned how to curb my personal passions. Age does that to a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies