Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Were you awake all night thinking up that reply?

No! Actually it came to me rght away when I saw the word "stupid."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 07:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually its YOU who needs to learn what I'm talking about.. Obama campaigned on not getting involved in other countries soverty

Why do so many Democrats not know Obamas positions on issues pre-election
I just proved that you are wrong, at least with regard to the issue under discussion. Be courteous enough to acknowledge it.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 PM

158 posts, read 256,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Giving Obama credit for anything but giving the order to go is a joke....that operation has been going on for YEARS. he was just lucky that it culminated on his watch.
Do you understand the meaning of Commander in chief? Obviously not. I'm not sure you're aware of what a president's powers entail.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I just proved that you are wrong, at least with regard to the issue under discussion. Be courteous enough to acknowledge it.
Actually no.. you changed the subject from sovern nation, to killing Bin Laden, something Obama flipped flopped on numerous times, from killin him, to not important.

Obama: "Our approach to Pakistan is one that not only respects the sovereignty of Pakistan as a sovereign government, but is also designed to work in a way where we are working in cooperation with the local government"

He didnt respect Pakistans sovereignity, did he?

I wholeheartedly condemn the violation of Georgia's sovereignty. I think it is important at this point for all sides to show restraint and to stop this arms conflict. Georgia's territorial integrity needs to be preserved and now is the time for direct talks," Obama said on August 8, 2008

HE CAMPAIGNED ON NOT VIOLATING OTHER NATIONS SOVEREIGNITY.. You ca pretend he didnt, but he very well did

Old 12-12-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
HE CAMPAIGNED ON NOT VIOLATING OTHER NATIONS SOVEREIGNITY.
Yes, and he was wise enough to carve out an exception at the time, which was pounced upon by Senator McCain as "naive."

Not violating other nation's sovereignty is a good rule. Bin Laden was the exception to the rule.

Not getting your feet wet is a good rule. Not saving someone from drowning in order not to get your feet wet is a bad application of the rule.

McCain did not support the exception, perhaps because he didn't recognize the rule to begin with (Iraq, Serbia, Vietnam, etc.)

Old 12-12-2011, 08:03 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Ordering it isn't enough? What would be?
President Bush "ordered" the killing of Bin Laden back in 2001. Barry just "allowed" the CIA to continue their mission.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:38 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If Obama had his way we wouldn't have gotten bin Laden.

He said that

Must be why Obama killed bin Laden, he didn't want us to get him

Interesting also Seans use of the word "we". The guy who actually ordered the kill and made the decisions doesn't deserve any credit but Sean Hannity does
The same goes for McCain, both men opposed waterborading, which is where we obtained some of the crucial intel, which lead to the discovery of even more intel.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:41 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
President Bush "ordered" the killing of Bin Laden back in 2001. Barry just "allowed" the CIA to continue their mission.
Clinton too.

Oh wait a tic...... 0bama did this all on his own. Neither Bush nor Clinton even knew who 0sama was, in fact... I think 0bama invented the SEALS and planned the entire raid.. he may have even built the house 0sama was staying at.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Clinton too.

Oh wait a tic...... 0bama did this all on his own. Neither Bush nor Clinton even knew who 0sama was, in fact... I think 0bama invented the SEALS and planned the entire raid.. he may have even built the house 0sama was staying at.
Barry had the CIA watch the house Bin Laden was living in for NINE MONTHS instead of ordering the raid immediately upon learning its existence.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
According to Richard Clarke, he'd been "trying to kill" bin Laden "for five years" before 9/11, which would obviously predate Bush. But that doesn't matter. Bush didn't do it, Clinton didn't do it, the Soviet Army didn't do it.

"Barry" did do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies