Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
At this moment, I don't see one thread on this entire page bashing the tea party.

You guys are very sensitive.
I'm not a tea party member, nor am I a republican. Just someone who notices that every other thread on this board focuses on generalizing and bad mouthing entire groups of people based on the actions of an obnoxious few, or bashing the president from the "other side". Look through the thread titles and see how many have some kind of insult tied in with democrats / republicans / OWS / TEA party / teabaggers / Obama / Bush / Reagan / Carter / Muslims / Christians / blacks / whites / etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 08:32 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'm not a tea party member, nor am I a republican. Just someone who notices that every other thread on this board focuses on generalizing and bad mouthing entire groups of people based on the actions of an obnoxious few, or bashing the president from the "other side". Look through the thread titles and see how many have some kind of insult tied in with democrats / republicans / OWS / TEA party / teabaggers / Obama / Bush / Reagan / Carter / Muslims / Christians / blacks / whites / etc. etc.
Almost ever group gets a bashing, but if I had to guess which person(s) gets the most bashing, I'd have to go with Obama, and Blacks a close second.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:52 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Almost ever group gets a bashing, but if I had to guess which person(s) gets the most bashing, I'd have to go with Obama, and Blacks a close second.

I went through the first 2 pages of posts, and yes Obama gets the most, and I'm sure 4 years ago this forum was littered with Bush bashing. Other than that, the anti republican/conservative and anti democrat/liberal posts are pretty much dead even. Only found 2 on blacks, 3 on Muslims.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:07 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think it's a no brainer that most people know that Obama is not a leader. The press will continue to predict his re election but that is just propaganda.
Depends on what the radical liberals have up their sleeve ...

Old 12-30-2011, 11:22 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
I went through the first 2 pages of posts, and yes Obama gets the most, and I'm sure 4 years ago this forum was littered with Bush bashing. Other than that, the anti republican/conservative and anti democrat/liberal posts are pretty much dead even. Only found 2 on blacks, 3 on Muslims.
?? two pages? Is that even remotely a valid sampling? There must be thousands of pages going back years... Bush bashing was in existence, yes, Bush was bashed. Allusions were made to Cheney wearing the pants etc. His heritage was never called into question. Nor his faith. Nor was his wife ever disrespected as vilely as Ms. Obama has been. Clinton came about as close as any recent president has come to being fired and it never got personal.

I've been reading recently where the national debt is 15.23 Trillion and counting. It is repeated ad nauseum that at the time of the Bush handoff the debt was 10.2 Trillion. This means that Obama has spent 5 Trillion in 3 years. Unsaid is the fact that the bank bailout and the Federal Reserve bribes to China and Europe could not have been finalized at the time of the start of Obama's term. We know what Obama has spent and what he has spent it on. It is nowhere close to 5 Trillion. Some say Clinton left a surplus, some say he did not. What is certain is that he did not leave a deficit. Somehow Bush managed to spend 13 Trillion dollars in 8 years. Or 10 if you believe Republicans. 10 Trillion dollars... ... think of what that money could have done for Americans... ... why is there still a Republican Party after such... such... I'm actually speechless...

I have to think that the Bush Administration is the single most destructive thing that has ever happened to a country on this planet. Ever. One day Bush's body will be exhumed and desecrated, so wrought will be future Americans at the sheer perfidy and lack of moral compass that allowed such wanton destruction of national treasure. Where were the austerity police then? Why was this allowed to happen? America's next president must be reasonable above all else. But that's just me. I'm past thinking that my fellow Americans get it. This is by no means scientific but I am sorry to say that if voting were limited to Politics and Other Controversies only... Obama might lose... It warms my heart to see as much support for him as there is but it saddens me to see that there is so much support for the "stop the spending" rah rah.

Friends, the only way out of this mess... if there even is a way out of this mess... is to spend. We cannot save our way out, we cannot cut, our way out, we cannot starve our way out. American's are all scared and all this "end the Federal Government, privatize the Public Sector" stuff is shorthand for make our usual scapegoats feel the pain. Everyone knows the public sector is the only employment African Americans have. Or maybe I am presuming. Do some of you not know that Federal and/or Public Sector employment is the mainstay of the African American community? Use your heads. The usual trickle down disrespect has got to stop. At this juncture the only response that will save America is to pushback against the steady erosion of the Middle Class by the 1%. Pushback hard. This may mean working outside of the usual two party channels.

H

Old 12-31-2011, 12:10 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
it will be close. real close IMO

Yes, because Election Fraud and Voter Fraud will be rampant! C'mon, he's not just an inept puppet, he is a Communist, with subversives working at his side. Communism worked slowly and patiently, having finally won this huge prize and they are NOT going to lose without ACORN and every absolute trick at their dispense being called-out and almost forcing a victory.

Or...this country is going to have a true, "false flag" and be thrown into horrible chaos and turmoil so that either there won't be an election OR....they, not necessarily those in DC but it could be Communists from outside our country, being "they" that do this, can do something so horrible like suitcase nukes in five or so major cities. With a citizenry with PTSD, rightly freaked-out and scared can promise safety and no telling what all to just make it all go away and bring normalcy again.

ANYthing is on the table that this nation has not yet faced. We are in uncharted times.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:28 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
ANYthing is on the table that this nation has not yet faced. We are in uncharted times.
You, my friend, have absolutely lost it. Dirty bombs... to get Obama re-elected... you are way overstating the difficulty of the situation. But... if that's your position, what will it take to get Newt in there? The Sun going supernova?

H

Old 12-31-2011, 06:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes we shall, and as you should know the only poll that counts is the one taken in Nov 2012. I doubt Paul will even be one of the two candidates.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:29 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Yup, they're almost as plentiful as the republican/tea party bashing threads.
And lets not forget the Palin bashing threads....

I believe we had 9 or 10 threads about Palin bashing that were on the very first page, and another that was for her....

Old 12-31-2011, 07:32 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Don't expect much from SF, he/she thinks they run this board and know's everything....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
?? two pages? Is that even remotely a valid sampling? There must be thousands of pages going back years...
H
Yea, the first 2 pages, go back and read what Simple was referring to, SF said he/she seen no Tea Party threads on the FIRST PAGE.....Simple went through 2 pages.....seems Simple went 100% further than SF.........why are you not giving SF the EXACT SAME lip service?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies