Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 02:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Well, it's economic hardship keeping my 21 year old son at home, and a 24 year old family friend who has been living with me off and on for a couple years too. I've always thought of them as 'spoiled' rather than 'homeless'. But those are adults, different story I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 PM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, yes, we know how rare it is that human embryos become humans. So at least you give up on any pretense that the pro abortion crowd is pro choice. If they were really pro choice they would be equally culpable in helping woman who choose to bring the embryo to term.

I am happy to hear you are the arbiter of whose life is worth living. Perhaps you would like to ask those you think are better off aborted. Chilling stuff.
So you believe abortion is never a viable option? You are very sheltered, then. Or close-minded because of a religious belief.

I'd rather have a woman given a choice of whether or not to abort than to pressure her into raising a child she is not ready for. Parenthood is a great sacrifice and children shouldn't be born just because "all life is sacred" (as the pro-lifers are so fond of saying). If all life was really sacred to them, they'd concentrate more on helping the children already born at a disadvantage.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
The report indicates that children living with other family members or doubling up count as homeless. It didn't break out what percentage of the 1.6 are actually on the streets.

One child is too many, but I sure hate misleading reports.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The report indicates that children living with other family members or doubling up count as homeless. It didn't break out what percentage of the 1.6 are actually on the streets.

One child is too many, but I sure hate misleading reports.
Well I would agree with both statements.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
So you believe abortion is never a viable option? You are very sheltered, then. Or close-minded because of a religious belief.

I'd rather have a woman given a choice of whether or not to abort than to pressure her into raising a child she is not ready for. Parenthood is a great sacrifice and children shouldn't be born just because "all life is sacred" (as the pro-lifers are so fond of saying). If all life was really sacred to them, they'd concentrate more on helping the children already born at a disadvantage.
Nope neither sheltered or religious, simply logical. Killing people is murder, even if they are really little. Yes we know you don't think any life is sacred, except perhaps you own.

Again the pro abortion crowd really isn't pro choice, since you don't see them rushing to help.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:58 PM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope neither sheltered or religious, simply logical. Killing people is murder, even if they are really little. Yes we know you don't think any life is sacred, except perhaps you own.

Again the pro abortion crowd really isn't pro choice, since you don't see them rushing to help.
Your sense of logical isn't the same as mine. And don't put words into my mouth. I never said anything about life not being sacred. I actually believe life to be very precious. That's why I believe people should think long and hard before bringing a child into this world and make sure they are in it for the long haul. The children deserve at least that much.

As a person who is pro-choice, yes, I do help children in need. Why wouldn't I be compassionate? I donate regularly (time and money) to a women-and-children's homeless shelter and to a soup kitchen. When our children are grown, my husband and I are looking forward to becoming foster parents. (Wish as we may to take in foster children, we know our limits. Three children to care for is enough for us right now.)

Old 12-13-2011, 05:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
Your sense of logical isn't the same as mine. And don't put words into my mouth. I never said anything about life not being sacred. I actually believe life to be very precious. That's why I believe people should think long and hard before bringing a child into this world and make sure they are in it for the long haul. The children deserve at least that much.

As a person who is pro-choice, yes, I do help children in need. Why wouldn't I be compassionate? I donate regularly (time and money) to a women-and-children's homeless shelter and to a soup kitchen. When our children are grown, my husband and I are looking forward to becoming foster parents. (Wish as we may to take in foster children, we know our limits. Three children to care for is enough for us right now.)
On that much we agree. People who can't care for children should not be having them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies