Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Where are the atheists when these religious events are celebrated in America?

~ Mardi Gras
~ Epiphany
~ Ash Wednesday
~ Lent
~ St. Patrick's Day
~ Palm Sunday
~ Good Friday
~ Easter
~ Shavuot

The list goes on and on:

Diversity Calendar: Ethnic and Religious Cultural Holidays, Celebrations, and Festivals
The atheists are where they always are. There's no rapturous event where atheists magically disappear from the world when a holiday rolls around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How is this group mocking Christians?
Question was asked and answered many many posts ago....

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
This is America where up until the political correctness disease occurred they were referred to as Christmas trees...

There always has to be at least one rotten apple in the barrel and in America one of them is called atheist's...
Where in the Bible does it talk about displaying a Christmas tree to honor Christ's birth?

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I've been to sermons where a Pentecostal preacher stated that everyone who wasn't Pentecostal would burn in Hell. I've heard that all black people and all Catholics will burn in Hell from a 7th Adventist minister. And I've heard a Methodist minister tell his congregation that they needed to get all their friends and family in church, because anyone who doesn't attend church each week will burn in Hell. I know of a Catholic woman whose priest refused to give her communion because she had divorced her husband without the consent of the church, and the priest believed that her grievous sin would bar her from heaven. I know a woman who was told by her Baptist minister that she would go to Hell when she got a job and refused to hand over her paychecks to her husband. I know another woman who got her doctor to prescribe her birth control pills, and when her husband found out, he ordered her to throw them out. She refused, and their minister told her she had to submit to her husband, or she would spend eternity in Hell.

I've personally been told, by a very caring friend, that unless I found my way to God, I would go to Hell. I've never heard any atheist tell anyone they would go to Hell, simply because atheists don't believe in heaven or hell.
It is a personal relationship with Christ not a pastor or priest who says one will go to hell over a situation. One must read their bible and KNOW what God says and then make a decision. It is between Christ and the believer.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:41 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,159 times
I don't really see a problem. As everyone can see it's an ad for atheists. My only problem is how the ad is in no way clever or thought-provoking. I don't know where these people get their advertising degrees, well if they even have one.

But, OMG. Obama is on there.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:42 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
We all know that every religion has their extremists, glad you clarified your definition of Christians because the way you phrased it all Christians use that phrase.

So the only two groups using it are fundamentalist Christians and atheists
Don't forget Baptists, Evangelicals and Primitive Methodists. (From personal experience)

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a personal relationship with Christ not a pastor or priest who says one will go to hell over a situation. One must read their bible and KNOW what God says and then make a decision. It is between Christ and the believer.
What happens to the people that don't read the bible and believe in god or Christ?

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Where in the Bible does it talk about displaying a Christmas tree to honor Christ's birth?
It is a tradition of man to celebrate Christmas with a tree.

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Where in the title of the OP does it talk or ask about Christmas trees?

Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Question was asked and answered many many posts ago....
No it wasn't.

You can't point to the post because there is no post explaining how this display is mocking Chritians. Get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies