Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 10:27 AM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Israel is very, very limited in their options against Iran. If they weren't they would've attacked Iran already.
And vice-versa. Which is why the conflict has been generally covert in nature. Additionally, due to regional sensibilities Israel has probably let the US do more because for example....if an Israeli drone were found in Iran....it would create problems for the Sauds etc. whom *hate* Iran but can be seen cozying up to Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 10:28 AM

185 posts, read 512,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Scary part is if the Obama administration gets us into this dog fight they will not have the balls to do it justice and we will be bogged down again. This White House knows nothing of fighting a war let alone running a country.
This is very true, and scary. The Administration will start some conflict (just to sound like they actually have a clue on foreign policy) and then not want to continue it. They have no military experience.
The U.S. will need to get involved in a conflict with Iran if more evidence of nuclear development, sponsoring terrorism, attacking our allies, etc. pops up.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:30 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I think if it comes down to it and Israel is backed up as far as they can they will make Iran rue the day they messed with them and I do not think Israel will care what treaty they break nor will they care which Arab country they make mad.

I know as you say,options are limited which is very true,but they do have options and it will be most unpleasant for Iran I think.
In a straight-up fight, Iran would mop the floor with Israel.

Thing is, it wouldn't be a straight-up fight. Somehow, Israel essentially owns the United States. So if the two came to blows, you know we'd cowboy in and "liberate" Iran, even if Israel was the aggressor (as they most likely would be).

And the thing is, the day will probably come because, as you say, Israel doesn't care about rules, unless those rules benefit them. They ignore anything they feel would "hold them back". It's quite telling that apparently it would be OK for us to launch "strategic strikes" within Iran for no reason and that the Iranians should take it, but if Iran were to figure out where Israel stores its nukes and did the same action, it would be immediately proclaimed an act of war.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
There is no need for us to attack Iran at this point. IF it ever came to be that they actually had a nuclear weapon, (which the fear mongers have been trying to scare us with for years, "Iran is getting close!!!"..please, they've been saying it for years), and IF Iran threatened to use it against us, then you bet, gloves are off, we bury them.

Israel does not need us to fight for them. Israel is perfectly capable of defending themselves. I shall say it again, Six Day War. We do not need to go in and fight for Israel. They can take care of themselves.

For the reading impaired, that is not to be read as, "Screw Israel", that is to be read as, "They don't need us to fight for them, they can do it just as well or better without us."

Frankly, I'm tired of us going all over the world and telling people what they can and can not have.

Other countries have nuclear weapons...shall we fight all of them? That would be about the stupidest thing we could ever do.

If we get involved in a conflict with Iran under the guise of "MAYBE" they have a nuclear weapon, we are going to lose badly. If China gets involved? We're done.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:36 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
Attack Iran??? For what?? What have they done to the US? Oh I forgot...Israel does not like them very much so America has to attack..of course. DUHH

Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
NO bleepin way. I am done with invasions in the Middle East for a century or so. Let them kill each other and let's stay out of it.

Israel? Why protect a bunch of A-holes. If they cannot make peace with their neighbors, let's give them part of Nevada and they can come back here. But no WWIII please.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
When we can trace a nuclear terrorist attack to Iran
Start tracing:

Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

Old 12-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Attack Iran??? For what?? What have they done to the US? Oh I forgot...Israel does not like them very much so America has to attack..of course. DUHH
Everyone here screaming that it's because of Israel and their influence is clueless as to regional hatreds in the Middle East.

The Sauds dislike Iran quite greatly and have enormous influence with the US govt.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually we do. We signed an agreement in 1988 related to mutual defense assistance.

Formal U.S.-Israel Agreements
"Related to"? "Assistance"?

We are not obligated to protect Israel. This guy, who advocates such an alliance, knows there is none:

It?s Time for a U.S.-Israel Defense Treaty

Old 12-16-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Of all the countries on this planet that have nukes, the only country I'm concerned about just brazenly firing off a nuke strike because they got a wild hair up their ass?

...is Israel. Who illegally possesses nukes, but is yapping like the little barking dog it is about how it's wrong for a country like Iran to have them (IF Iran even wants them) whilst it has the Pit Bull of the USA standing behind it to intimidate anyone who starts looking at the little dog with an odd eye.

Seriously, I'm not worried about India or Russia or China or our country or even North Korea just flying off the handle one day and launching a nuke. Israel, on the other hand? I could totally see them doing it just because someone wakes up one day and decides they want to. They are, by far, the most aggressive country in the entire region.
Odd considering that Israel has been in a number of conflicts and didn't fire off a nuke despite having them. Seems like their track record on the subject is no different than Pakistan, India etc.

You have any rational for them being more likely to just wake up and nuke someone moreso than anybody unless (north korea? Seriously?) Seems like your dislike of Israel is cramping any sort of rational logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies