Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 06:08 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,154,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Torching them is more effective plus you get all that valuable land which can be put to use for productive means.
Spoken like a true communist

Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,154,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A newly-released analysis of Chick-fil-A's charitable work has found that the fast found chain donated nearly $2 million to anti-gay groups over the course of 2010.

The New Civil Rights Movement's David Badash presents an even more disturbing figure: that Chick-fil-A has donated an estimated $5 million to anti-gay organizations and hate groups between 2003 and 2010.

read more here
Chick-Fil-A's Anti-Gay Donations Totaled Nearly $2 Million In 2010: Report
Thanks for reminding me where I'm eating lunch today. I love their waffle fries.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:21 AM

23,581 posts, read 17,258,837 times
"Chick-fil-A® Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich" ingredients.....

Read, 'fast food nation' and you will discover most all all fast/packaged food is composed of chemicals and scents you never heard of.
Not that they are bad, just unfamiliar. A french fry really a french fry?

So that criticism of CFA is a moot point and belongs in a health forum.

Read some of the anti gay websites and one in particular seemed to be calling for tolerance, so what makes a company anit-gay? Some AG lists include autozone, walmart, though they now sell some t-shirts to quiet the criticism.

Again, the bar is set too low as the socio-political profession creates business careers by ensuring almost everyone is anti every franchise of legislated victims.

Boycottt whoever you want for whatever reason but don't expect support when activists make an enemy of real world supporters. Most activists have no idea who their friends are and do their best to alienate everyone as they emphasize being victims rather than contributors.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:28 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Your bigotry is showing.
No, the catholic church's hypocrisy is showing.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:28 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,139,705 times
I'm a dude, and I like dudes, but I love Chik-fil-a chicken sandwiches more. Less issues, more time for me to play xbox, and I can look at other dudes without the chicken sandwich getting mad.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,299,683 times
Like I've said before, even my neo-progressive Obama loving colleagues enjoy eating there. They find the closed Sundays policy very pro-worker and they already know about the whole "anti-gay" spiel.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:59 AM

477 posts, read 365,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So?

I have the right to spend my money as I see fit. And I abhor bigotry.

We all have our "causes." Many posters here threw fits over J.C. Penney having Ellen Degeneres as their spokesperson.

I will always support those companies that are open and fair and support equal rights for all. And I will avoid those who support a bigoted agenda.

I don't have buckets of money to throw at the causes I believe in but I can do my small part by supporting (or not supporting) certain businesses.
Its not bigotry. You proved my point though when its a liberal boycotting a company that company is called a bigot,racist etc..when a conservative is boycotting a company they themselves are called racist,bigot etc..you liberals think free speech and the such only belongs to your causes and the such. Get a grip realize there are other companies that don't believe in every pet peeve you do and get over it. Like i said earlier I don't agree with Home Depot's support of homosexuality but I still shop there..Oh I see you like equal rights for all. Kind of like how home depot refused to let a man wear an American Flag pendant but allowed a homosexual flag pendant to be worn by another employee...that kind of equal rights? Hmmmm seems like hypocrisy to me.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 AM

477 posts, read 365,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
What a load of crap.

This company is run by a religious nutjob, who feels that the bible has given him the right to persecute gays.

This type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated anymore than if they were giving money to the KKK to support anti Black programs.

It's time to take the gloves off, when dealing with these homophobic a**holes, and hit them where it hurts the most. In the pocketbook.
Oh boy...you are a bundle of fun to be around I bet. Good luck with your crusade against christianity pal.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,394,707 times
I won't be giving them any more of my money. Why would I knowingly support such immorality?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 AM

20,476 posts, read 12,402,260 times
This kind of thread is what passes for "freedom" to a liberal.

They have freedom to slander anyone they want.

The object of their HATE doesnt have freedom to support who and what they want.

the liberal idea of freedom is do what we tell you to do.

and people wonder why some of us cannot stand liberalism. you people would be quite comfortable in STALINS RUSSIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies