Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,932,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
Yes it should. But some people do not really want to see the truth, they just enjoy arguing. Whenever someone points to evidence as you so adamantly want, you refute it. You exist, that should be pretty clear evidence right there that you had a Creator. But no, you will argue that you evolved from a tadpole or something. If it floats your boat to believe that your ancestors were slimy amphibians or monkeys or whatever, you go right ahead and claim that is what you believe.
Still only deflection and no evidence. I thought you said a lot exists and yet you can't provide any at all.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 PM

569 posts, read 673,468 times
Quote:
We just about all will at least agree that homosexuality is a sin. Some do it without meaning to. For example: "well you are not perfect either" or that sort of defensive remark. It boils down to homosexuality being a sin, and like other sins, should not be publicly flaunted. If someone commits adultery, it would be tactless and wrong for them to boast that they are an adulterer. We do not need to complicate it. It is simply sin.
Um no....

Old 08-01-2012, 04:37 PM

569 posts, read 673,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Just got back from Chick-fil-A. There was a two hour wait. Thanks to the whining of the gays for making a ton of money for this Christian company!
Waiting 2 hours for freaking fast food means you have nothing else to do with your time! By the way, it isn't just the LGBT community that has a major problem with CFA. So do their allies....

22,632 posts, read 14,993,675 times
On Friday it is Same Sex Kiss Day at a Chick Fil A near you.

13,163 posts, read 1,741,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
I'm a Jenova's Witness and would be more than happy to hear any evidence that your god exists.
I was going to comment, but decided against it because the discussion whether God exists or not, or whether you think the Christian God is not really God...that's OT Maybe you should pose your question in the Religion forum.

Quote:
Yes it should. But some people do not really want to see the truth, they just enjoy arguing. Whenever someone points to evidence as you so adamantly want, you refute it. You exist, that should be pretty clear evidence right there that you had a Creator. But no, you will argue that you evolved from a tadpole or something. If it floats your boat to believe that your ancestors were slimy amphibians or monkeys or whatever, you go right ahead and claim that is what you believe.
To each his own, as they say.

Don't want to eat at Chick-Fil-A? Don't.
Don't want to believe God exists? Don't.
Want to believe you evolved from lower than the lowest life form? With some of you, I might even believe that.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:42 PM

24,527 posts, read 33,410,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Love is Love
Abnormal behavior is abnormal behavior.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:44 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,173,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
On Friday it is Same Sex Kiss Day at a Chick Fil A near you.

This solves what?

This isn't going to change the minds of those against same-sex marriage. If anything, it might annoy them (which is clearly the plan anyway) and that's not helping your cause.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,076,971 times
The CEO has the right to express his opinion. But since we live in a politically correct culture, people who speak their mind are at risk of being sued, boycotted, labeled a bigot, etc.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,993,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
sure but why the hell should i just because alternative lifestyle people dont like there stance .? many organisations support ideas i dont particuly care for, but i shop there all the same if i like what is offered .

im a libertarian not against S/S marriage if thats what rocks your boat go for it marry your dog if you choose

but i am agianst any movement that resticts the right of free speech and the expressing of it
stick your boycott where the sun dont shine
If you are a libertarian then you should be for my freedom to spend my money in places that I choose. That includes not spending money at establishments that fund groups that promote discrimination.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,741,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post

This solves what?

This isn't going to change the minds of those against same-sex marriage. If anything, it might annoy them (which is clearly the plan anyway) and that's not helping your cause.
No, it's not helping the cause at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies