Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 04:05 PM

270 posts, read 522,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Is that statment from the bible? Who woulda thunk it, the bible says that we should pay attention to the bible.

Can you post a single piece of empirical evidence not from the bible that proves that your god even exists?
There is alot of evidence that God exists. But you don't want to hear it.

So, are most gays atheists? They would have to be atheists if they don't want to admit they are sinning.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:06 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times
Quote:
That may be true today with bigots turning out in droves, but will they make up for the lost customers over the long term?

Just how long do you think conservatives are going to be able to maintain the enthusiasm to eat at Chick Fil A as a way to build up your anti-gay street cred?
You think conservatives are the only one who eat there? Some of you liberals are delusional. Even a lot of gay people said they will continue to eat there.

Daily Dot | Antoine Dodson defends Chick-fil-A in YouTube videos

Old 08-01-2012, 04:06 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Just got back from Chick-fil-A. There was a two hour wait. Thanks to the whining of the gays for making a ton of money for this Christian company!

Old 08-01-2012, 04:08 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post

So, are most gays atheists? They would have to be atheists if they don't want to admit they are sinning.
I'm a Jenova's Witness and would be more than happy to hear any evidence that your god exists.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post

It should be easy for you to give us an example of just one piece of evidence then, right?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
It might be helping in Chicago, too. I went there a couple days ago after the alderman and mayor threw their hissy fits. Place was packed (we only have one, located downtown), though I had never eaten there, so maybe it's always like that.

The alderman and mayor are completely full of s*** anyway, Chicagoans love good fast food and only a very small percentage of us favor what the mayor described as "Chicago values," i.e., thought control, bullying, and sanctions on anyone who doesn't support every tenet of gay identity politics.
i love this post. that's why i supported chick fila today.

our local paper (tc palm) had a story about the local mall, in part:
The wait at the Indian River Mall stretched to an hour for Kelli Billingsley, 30, of Vero Beach, who waited with her two children, her sister and her mother. The manager for the restaurant stepped out to announce a delay for service because of a system overload, but the people in line gave him applause after he thanked them for showing up, she said.

"We made it to the counter and every worker had a smile on their face," Billingsley said.

Caporrino said he hadn't been to Chick-fil-A for about six months. He wanted to participate in Wednesday's appreciation event after elected officials in Boston, Chicago and San Francisco talked of not welcoming the chain in their cities, with some threatening to revoke zoning permits.

"The owner has the right to express his views without government retaliation," Caporrino said.

bingo.

i was a little disappointed that they didn't have soup (i guess because it is summer) but the peach shake was good, with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:21 PM

1,403 posts, read 938,216 times
Counted the vehicles at my local chick fil a. I stopped when I got to 100. There was 18 vehicles that wanted to eat inside so they had to park in a field behind the store and walk there...people were parked all over the grass and sidewalk. It was awesome to see. I don't have A/C in my truck so we didn't eat today but maybe will tomorrow or even Friday just to poke fun at the *******s that are gonna be out there.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:24 PM

270 posts, read 522,736 times
Quote:
It should be easy for you to give us an example of just one piece of evidence then, right?
Yes it should. But some people do not really want to see the truth, they just enjoy arguing. Whenever someone points to evidence as you so adamantly want, you refute it. You exist, that should be pretty clear evidence right there that you had a Creator. But no, you will argue that you evolved from a tadpole or something. If it floats your boat to believe that your ancestors were slimy amphibians or monkeys or whatever, you go right ahead and claim that is what you believe.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Just got back from Chick-fil-A. There was a two hour wait. Thanks to the whining of the gays for making a ton of money for this Christian company!
I don't doubt your word for a minute.

I am sure you feel good about this momentary skirmish in the fight over gay rights and Marriage Equality. It will be forgotten in a few weeks.

In my opinion, anecdotes likes yours are insignificant ephemera. The real battles are going to be fought in the courts, including the Supreme Court, in the Corporate Boardrooms, and with the City Councils and State Legislators.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:28 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah...that dope would serve Chick-Fil-A at a formal dinner. Knowing who his is and where he's from, it aint all that far fetched.
Yeah, we need our bureaucrats to serve "fancy" dinners while millions of Americans are out of work.

I comment Mr. Cruz on his choice.

Americans still care about the first amendment, as evidenced by the mass support shown to chick-fil-a.
You liberals no longer control what is considered the "right" opinion, times are changing. People are awakening from their slumber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies