Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 04:56 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Thumbs up for the Nuns!
God bless them, and I'm not even Catholic.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
No. It's not silly, it's the truth. And it's not all I got. It's pretty easy.
Where did you get the idea that I think a stork delivered me? I already know what happened... I was born at the Valley Presbyterian Hospital in Van Nuys, California.

And who is "panicking?" I don't see anyone doing that. Except some leftists, possibly.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
It's good to see how many people seem to be panicking about this and felt like they had to come out. The more the better, imo. The more people, the higher the desperation. Especially now that the president supports equal rights, a majority of American does, and even good Bill O' said on his program that he thinks the Supreme Court will find the ban on gay marriage unconstitutional. Like it or not, gay marriage will come to a state near you.
The people eating at Chick Fil A today have a lot in common with the people that supported George Wallace when he stood in the schoolhouse door. And just like the racists from the past, in a few years you won't be able to find anyone that will even admit to eating at Chick Fil A on the official gay hatred day.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
God bless them, and I'm not even Catholic.
I'm sure we'll here from a few "Nunophobes!"

Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 PM

569 posts, read 671,639 times
Originally Posted by JohnA151
sure but why the hell should i just because alternative lifestyle people dont like there stance .? many organisations support ideas i dont particuly care for, but i shop there all the same if i like what is offered .

im a libertarian not against S/S marriage if thats what rocks your boat go for it marry your dog if you choose

but i am agianst any movement that resticts the right of free speech and the expressing of it
stick your boycott where the sun dont shine

You also seem to be against spell check but I digress....Nothing about this boycott restricts his free speech. He is welcome to spout whatever homophobic bs he wants. He just has to deal with the consequences of said free speech. We learn about consequences of our actions when we are quite young. Too bad he had to learn this as a senior citizen.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:59 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,144 times
Quote:
Where did you get the idea that I think a stork delivered me? I already know what happened... I was born at the Valley Presbyterian Hospital in Van Nuys, California.

And who is "panicking?" I don't see anyone doing that.

Isn't that what the bible says? Too many delusional stories.

You are panicking. You're very defensive and euphoric about it. As are some others. It's usually a sign of desperation because one then tends to grasp for straws, trying to overplay minor events in the hope things will turn around.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:01 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
It was pretty cool, people were taking pictures, handing out water to the folks waiting and such, the news is interviewing people and not one protester.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Isn't that what the bible says? Too many delusional stories.
I don't know. Can you quote the verse?

Quote:
You are panicking. You're very defensive and euphoric about it. As are some others. It's usually a sign of desperation because one then tends to grasp for straws, trying to overplay minor events in the hope things will turn around.
Lol. Yeah, I am really panicking! What exactly am I "panicking" about??? The only desperation I see are those who want abnormal behavior to be acceptable.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:06 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,310 times
I do not believe chik Fl A has done anything wrong.

I suppose I support their views as well being I have purchase a meal from this establishment within a year or could it mean they make one awesome sandwhich?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,144 times
Quote:
I don't know. Can you quote the verse?

Lol. Yeah, I am really panicking! What exactly am I "panicking" about??? The only desperation I see are those who want abnormal behavior to be acceptable.

Then open up the bible and you will see what I mean.

And you panic because gay marriage will be legal soon and you don't like it. "Abnormal behavior" is something that's defined by society. Society dosen't agree with you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies