Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 04:49 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,803,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well no, I wasn't the one who brought up gluttony...

I was the one who brought up how Chick-Fil-A supports the sin of lying

And suffice to say the context of that conversation was about how fast food restaurants are fattening in general (right or wrong).

No. I understand fully that some people are against gay marriage because the bible calls it wrong. But I disagree with people blaming it on the bible because they're choosing what "sins" to oppose and what "sins" to tolerate. The question was, "How can someone deny having a personal prejudice against gays when they are only opposed to this one group of 'sinners' getting married or adopting and no other?" You see, the bible calls MANY things wrong, and this is the only group of "sinners" you guys like to pick on. That means you're going to keep getting called hateful, homophobic bigots. You demonstrate opposition against gays more than any other group of "sinners".

Did God condone and respect disobedience of him by placing the tree of the knowledge of good and evil right in front of Adam and Eve? No. He told them not to eat of it and allowed them the freedom to choose. Why have Christians deviated so far from the example (who they claim is) their "Lord" has set?

Not all sins are created equal. Christianity has a concept of cardinal sins, sins are more grave than others. Its not about cherry picking your sins....

Posted from a phone: please excuse my grammer and spellink...

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,927,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Just got back from Chick-fil-A. There was a two hour wait. Thanks to the whining of the gays for making a ton of money for this Christian company!
Waiting two hours to eat fast food just so you can proudly proclaim your support for anti-gay bigotry is just so sad and pathetic.

2,223 posts, read 5,494,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Abnormal behavior is abnormal behavior.
Says someone who thinks the stork drop him off at his parents door.

It's good to see how many people seem to be panicking about this and felt like they had to come out. The more the better, imo. The more people, the higher the desperation. Especially now that the president supports equal rights, a majority of American does, and even good Bill O' said on his program that he thinks the Supreme Court will find the ban on gay marriage unconstitutional. Like it or not, gay marriage will come to a state near you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Just got back from Chick-fil-A. There was a two hour wait. Thanks to the whining of the gays for making a ton of money for this Christian company!
You mean like all those whining bible suckers who complain about their "religious rights" that are supposedly being taken away? Like I said above, it shows a great deal of desperation, and I like it.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,373,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The CEO has the right to express his opinion. But since we live in a politically correct culture, people who speak their mind are at risk of being sued, boycotted, labeled a bigot, etc.
Yes. What is known as "politically correct," I call "The Age of Insanity."

Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,617,597 times

Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Says someone who thinks the stork drop him off at his parents door.

It's good to see how many people seem to be panicking about this and felt like they had to come out. The more the better, imo. The more people, the higher the desperation. Especially now that the president supports equal rights, a majority of American does, and even good Bill O' said on his program that he thinks the Supreme Court will find the ban on gay marriage unconstitutional. Like it or not, gay marriage will come to a state near you.
What a silly thing to say. Is that all you got?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:52 PM

Thumbs up for the Nuns!

Old 08-01-2012, 04:53 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,494,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What a silly thing to say. Is that all you got?
No. It's not silly, it's the truth. And it's not all I got. It's pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The CEO has the right to express his opinion. But since we live in a politically correct culture, people who speak their mind are at risk of being sued, boycotted, labeled a bigot, etc.
Some people think you should be called a negro, loser, underachiever, welfare queen, high school drop out etc. Now, would that make it ok? I don't think so.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:55 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,889,576 times
I am not concerned about Cathy's statements or the Chick-fil-a chain of fast food stores. The man has every right to say what he wants and run his business wherever. The public has the option of buying or not. I am a bit concerned that the Chick-fil-a Foundation funds some hate groups however.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:56 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,803,954 times
Nuns rule!
(Proud Roman-Catholic here)

Posted from a phone: please excuse my grammer and spellink...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies