Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
BlackHemi refers to no gay marriage as being a law and not currently a right. If gay marriage were currently a right, the Supreme Court would put a rush order on this for processing.
Marriage is a right, homosexual couples are being denied that right.

I don't have a gay birth certificate, or a gay social security number, and my marriage license won't say gay marriage.

Look at the states that already have SSM. They get the same license, and certificate that a heterosexual couple gets, it doesn't say "gay" anywhere on it.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:39 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,342 times
There should be nothing built on Ground Zero except the Memorial and new WTC buildings.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Yep.

Both sides are total hypocrites. Those mayors are dead wrong, just like all those nutty right wingers were dead wrong about the mosque.
I don't think it was right for the mosque to be next to the ground zero site. It is a matter of respect.

Is a strip club placed next to a school?

Old 08-04-2012, 03:45 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm 'gay', but I don't think of the activists as my representatives. Why do you?

I try to keep in mind that the actions of a few activists do not represent the majority. I wish other people would do the same.

That made me laugh how you asked. In a twisted way, yes. Logically, no. You cannot argue too much on the fact that it does give an impression to such a degree to some in the straight community.

Why...Did you go to Chick-Fil-A or stay home?

Old 08-04-2012, 03:47 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
alright, lets talk about hypocrisy then shall we? dan cathy makes his views on gay marriage known to the world, and what happens? the gay marriage movement and the liberals want him out of business. on the other hand, there are MANY black church leaders, and MANY muslims who have ALSO made statements AGAINST gay marriage, but where are the gay marriage movement protests against them?

as for the mosque, it was right near ground zero where MUSLIMS killed 3,000 people in a terrorist attack. that is just muslims stepping up and showing that they won that battle by putting a mosque rigtht next where they killed people. i was against that. there was a mosque that was supposed to be built in tennessee, but it was being blocked, i am against that mosque being blocked.

and in addition, the city of new york refused to allow a christian church that was destroyed in the 9/11 attack to be rebuilt. so technically there is no hypocrisy there as both buildings were denied.
As stated MANY times, this is NOT about Mr Cathys views, or opinions. This is about Mr Cathy donating company money i the companies name to groups that actively lobby to deny homosexuals rights.

Do I want him out of business? Not if he can stay in business.
Will I ever spend MY money there? Probably not.

IF you can point out which black or muslim leaders have given donations to anti gay hate groups in their companies name, I will also boycott their businesses

Old 08-04-2012, 03:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Those "dummies" have much more conviction of purpose than you ever had or will. They are the underdogs in this fight.
How do you know that? What is their "purpose," besides spraying graffiti on a wall and harassing Chick-Fil-A employees?

They are not underdogs, just misguided!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
There was like two of them here one Dude and one gal, they didn't kiss LOL so I'm guessing a few homosexuals went to CFA and didn't buy anything, yeah that showed them ,
Two? Oh, darn! It looks like this is the end for CFA!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:59 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negtive View Post
No it is a hypocrite Christian issue!

How may Christian "laws" do they break on a daily basis and then flock on Sundays to church and all is well again for a week.
7. Do not commit adultery. - pretty common
9. Do not speak lies about people. - very common
10. Do not envy what other people have. - This is America in a nutshell. Bigger, better, faster, and more expensive than my neighbors (car, boat, house...you name it)

Yeah, did you catch the one where CFA management claimed that the reason why Jim Henson toy prizes are no longer offered to the kiddies is because they are "defective?"

Old 08-04-2012, 04:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

Yeah, did you catch the one where CFA management claimed that the reason why Jim Henson toy prizes are no longer offered to the kiddies is because they are "defective?"
More specifically - that the toys can be easily swallowed by small children.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who are you to make assumptions of my financial status.
I haven't eaten there for over a year, when this mess first started.
I wasn't making any assumptions of your financial status. Don't know how you came to that conclusion. I said you can just stand outside and protest with the other "underdogs" and not buy anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies