Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 08:59 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenFam View Post
WOW....not only are you an expert at knowing how women should feel when their baby dies, but you also know about breastfeeding. Thank goodness CD has such a wise man on board!

That is not my idea, other women have been using such methods for thousands of years. They are not 100 % safe or course, but a significantly reduced likelihood can already make a huge difference in the number of kids a family has. And, whether we like it or not, women have always known how to induce an abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 AM

86 posts, read 155,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's what happens when you judge people you don't know
I judged you?? Go back and read what you have been writing to me and about me and about the loss of my baby. If you get a little back of what you have been dishing out, then so be it. I didn't even write what I am truly thinking about you.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 AM

86 posts, read 155,502 times
Quote:
And, whether we like it or not, women have always known how to induce an abortion.
What woman do you know that has done this? You shouldn't just throw up hearsay. This is what I am trying to say to you....this whole thread you have written such things, like you know what you are talking about. In actuality, it's all based on your own personal feelings.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Maybe I shouldn't say this, but scientists have observed ape mothers in the wild carrying around their miscarriages for days as if they were still alive, they also don't want to accept that their babies are dead. Maybe it is the same for them...
No, you shouldn't say this. Comparing human mothers to ape mothers is insulting, as you are obviously aware. Humans have much more complex social systems and rituals for dealing with death than apes or other animals.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
That's what happens when you judge people you don't know
And this statement is the definition of irony.

The context of the statement is a thread about judging a family and how it is grieving for a stillborn child. And clearly, none of the people doing that judging actually know the family.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It crosses the line YOU have set. It doesn't cross any lines for them. Their family, Michelle's pregnancies, are already in the public eye. Their grief is already in the public eye. Letting people know that they are grieving isn't crossing a line.
You do know that your rights END where someone elses BEGIN? Making this PUBLIC make all the difference in the world. BTW, I am not the ONLY one to not agree with this.

It is very much like obsenity. What may not be obsenity to one person, might be to another. Who decides? The prevelant general public standards does, not just ONE PERSON.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
That is not my idea, other women have been using such methods for thousands of years. They are not 100 % safe or course, but a significantly reduced likelihood can already make a huge difference in the number of kids a family has. And, whether we like it or not, women have always known how to induce an abortion.
Do you know how to induce an abortion? Because I certainly don't. The many women who've died trying to induce their own abortion didn't know how to do it safely. It's so dangerous that I consider it akin to suicide.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
No, you shouldn't say this. Comparing human mothers to ape mothers is insulting, as you are obviously aware. Humans have much more complex social systems and rituals for dealing with death than apes or other animals.
I don't think it is insulting. We ARE apes, great apes specifically, so naturally we think and feel in similar ways, especially regarding such ancient things such as reproduction.

You are insulting the other apes...

Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Do you know how to induce an abortion? Because I certainly don't. The many women who've died trying to induce their own abortion didn't know how to do it safely. It's so dangerous that I consider it akin to suicide.
I don't know, of course. But in many old societies women used to know how to do it, for instance by means of some nasty plant brews.
Some of those methods were indeed quite dangerous.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
And this statement is the definition of irony.

The context of the statement is a thread about judging a family and how it is grieving for a stillborn child. And clearly, none of the people doing that judging actually know the family.
Much of this thread is not about the grief over the loss of that baby anymore, but instead simply about the size and behavior of that family.
I don't mind those photos, there are lots of such photos by all kinds of mothers. They are cute, unlike some of those pics of aborted fetuses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies