Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 12:37 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,288,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I do think that we should care, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I don't think that anyone else's feelings matter in this situation, and their actions don't effect anyone because people don't have to look at it.
Kind of hard to avoid when they're an attention-seeking family who makes EVERYTHING public.

You can't turn on a t.v. or go on the internet without seeing them and hearing them and reading about them. And the reason for that is because THEY made their lives a public spectacle - the good, the bad, the sad, and the ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 12:38 PM

1,187 posts, read 998,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The breastfeeding thing is a myth, as lactation does not stop ovulation.
As far as the rhythm method, its called Catholic birth control for a reason.
Because it doesnt work.
A good portion of women do experience paused ovulation while breastfeeding. The reason some people think it doesn't work is because if you're not aware of your body, you can start to ovulate and become pregnant without having started cycling again.

And natural family planning DOES most assuredly work! But it's not as easy as the pill or condoms when you just use it as neccessary. For NFP to work you have to read your body on a daily basis... missing one day means you are at risk of getting pregnant. Few women now want to go through that much trouble when they can use something like a pill, shot, or IUD. BUT if you're having physical problems because of BC then this is a MUCH healthier way to go!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 PM

23,405 posts, read 37,122,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
A good portion of women do experience paused ovulation while breastfeeding. The reason some people think it doesn't work is because if you're not aware of your body, you can start to ovulate and become pregnant without having started cycling again.

And natural family planning DOES most assuredly work! But it's not as easy as the pill or condoms when you just use it as neccessary. For NFP to work you have to read your body on a daily basis... missing one day means you are at risk of getting pregnant. Few women now want to go through that much trouble when they can use something like a pill, shot, or IUD. BUT if you're having physical problems because of BC then this is a MUCH healthier way to go!
This child of an RPh and an OB/GYN nurse respectfully disagrees with your post.
I've seen far too many instances where nothing mentioned above works.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,149,567 times
Quote:
The breastfeeding thing is a myth, as lactation does not stop ovulation.
As far as the rhythm method, its called Catholic birth control for a reason.
Because it doesn't work.
I'm Catholic, my mother and father used the rhythm method and have planned almost all of their children. They didn't plan on the youngest one because my mothers doc. put her on BCP so that she would pass her Lyme disease onto her baby. She got pregnant on BC. I guess she just rhythm than you do.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:56 PM

23,405 posts, read 37,122,560 times
Quote:
I'm Catholic, my mother and father used the rhythm method and have planned almost all of their children. They didn't plan on the youngest one because my mothers doc. put her on BCP so that she would pass her Lyme disease onto her baby. She got pregnant on BC. I guess she just rhythm than you do.
I grew up in a town that was 97% Catholic, my parents owned the only pharmacy in the county, my mother worked with the only OB/GYN in the county.
So I would daresay I have seen far more failures of this particular method more than you.
BTW, your last remark was just plain ignorance on your part.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Kind of hard to avoid when they're an attention-seeking family who makes EVERYTHING public.

You can't turn on a t.v. or go on the Internet without seeing them and hearing them and reading about them. And the reason for that is because THEY made their lives a public spectacle - the good, the bad, the sad, and the ugly.
That show is better than most of the things on TV. Would you rather your kids watch Jersey Shore? Does it bother you that they are a good family, better than most these days? Or just the fact that enough people, obviously, watch the show that they're still on TV, and on the Internet?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I grew up in a town that was 97% Catholic, my parents owned the only pharmacy in the county, my mother worked with the only OB/GYN in the county.
So I would daresay I have seen far more failures of this particular method more than you.
BTW, your last remark was just plain ignorance on your part.
Sorry, I wrote the last part wrong. It was supposed to say "I guess she's just got more rhythm than you." and it was a joke, just trying to lighten people up.
My church has over 400 people in it. The families that I am close with (about 10 of them) have between 6-12 children. They don't use BC, and they planned their children. So obviously it worked, considering the rhythm method is not only for preventing pregnancy, but also getting pregnant. But I'm sure that you already knew that.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:16 PM

1,187 posts, read 998,363 times
Quote:
This child of an RPh and an OB/GYN nurse respectfully disagrees with your post.
I've seen far too many instances where nothing mentioned above works.
The only birth control that works consistantly, 100% of the time is abstinance. So saying something doesn't work for everyone all the time doesn't mean it's a myth.

Actually breastfeeding is a more effective birth control than using a condom!
Birth Control Chart

Most birth control effectiveness depends mostly upon the ability of the person using it to do so correctly.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,288,354 times
Quote:
My church has over 400 people in it. The families that I am close with (about 10 of them) have between 6-12 children. They don't use BC, and they planned their children. So obviously it worked, considering the rhythm method is not only for preventing pregnancy, but also getting pregnant.
I find it somewhat odd that a sixteen-year-old girl is privy to what goes on behind the bedroom doors of so many adults. And even odder that adults would share that information with an unrelated sixteen-year-old girl.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
The only birth control that works consistently, 100% of the time is abstinence. So saying something doesn't work for everyone all the time doesn't mean it's a myth.
Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies