Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,517,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The big cities of California are liberal, but the State has a large conservative population. And yes, it was largely due to uneducated blacks and hispanics and the financial backing of the Mormon church. And yet it still barely passed a majority.
So if whites voted to ban gay marriage their homophobes, but when blacks and Hispanics do so then their just uneducated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,302,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They are just people. Do you expect everyone to be perfect in your eyes? Why can't you just accept people for what they are, imperfect beings?

How arrogant are you?
Gee, this doesn't seem to be your approach in other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
So if whites voted to ban gay marriage their homophobes, but when blacks and Hispanics do so then their just uneducated?
To be fair, there are a lot of uneducated white people, too; many of them don't know about homophones.

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-27-2011 at 07:28 AM..

Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,470,357 times
Quote:
Why are labels so important to you? We are all human beings and none of us are perfect. You seem to want to label everyone who is not perfect.

Why are you so obsessed with labeling people?
Lol, really? Ever read the Bible? The Bible is obsessed with labeling people.

Quote:
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6-9-10 (NIV)

And that's just two short verses! And you wonder where we get our habit of labeling people. Lol.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:53 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I doubt he's personally against it... he's just doing what they (advisers, Congress, etc) tell him to do, like all Presidents in our nation's history.
He expressed personal opposition to gay marriage before he was prez. He's lying is the same odd defense of Obama we heard when he gave the pro-Jesus Christmas remarks. His supporters have a tough time admitting that on 2 issues, he's the same as the bigoted Christian idiots they love to mock.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Homophobes are cherished by the GOP because they are their ticket in. People like Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann would have never been in the running without them. People who aren't homophobes are too busy worrying about their jobs to make gay rights a priority.
Ads like this--

Rick Perry Anti-Gay Ad - "Strong" - COMMENTS ALLOWED, PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS - YouTube

--would have never made it to the publishing round if it weren't for anti-gay people putting their ticket in.

Transcript:

(flute music) Rick Perry: I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian. But you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know that there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military, but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. As president, I'll end Obama's war on religion, and I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage. Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again. (official sounding bell) I'm Rick Perry, and I approve this message.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This is what the far left does. They like to label and categorize for their "enemies list".
The left...and the Bible, which many people use as something to live by.

Quote:
18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the LORD. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God.
I wonder where people got that annoying habit of labeling and categorizing everything and everyone.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:08 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
America is full of homophobes, those who openly declare their hatred for gays and those who keep it subtle, like in the closet.
Homophobes can smear gays with any epithets they desire, they will be defended. If homophobes are criticized they bristle with anger and indignation, such as 'how dare you criticize our righteousness!'
So why is this? Is homophobia a cherished American Family Value? Is hatred a cherished American Family Value? Maybe it is. Is a homophobe the ideal American citizen? The role model for others?
Why is that that homophobes regard gays as people with mental problems, but homophobia is not considered a mental problem?
I am not gay, but I'm not a homophobe either.
And I like to fart in the bathtub and snap at the bubbles. Your point?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
There's nothing "natural" or "normal" about male/male sexual intercourse. Quite simply, its disgusting and most people simply cannot relate to it. If you want to call that homophobia, so be it.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:15 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,482,769 times
Quote:
Why are labels so important to you? We are all human beings and none of us are perfect. You seem to want to label everyone who is not perfect.

Why are you so obsessed with labeling people?
Thats funny , he dosnt want to be labeled , but labels others.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 AM

1,329 posts, read 833,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Actually, about half (49%) of the Asians who voted were in favor of the ban. But I guess that will be explained away.
That's less than a majority.

The Buddhist Churches of America is one of the largest Buddhist groups in the US and performs gay marriages (George Takei was married in the BCA). Non-Christian Asian attitudes to gays and homosexuality are different from white culture; the conservative Asian concern is about family duty more than morality of sex acts. And marriage in Asian culture is attached to civil religion (Confucianism) more than transcendent religion; Buddhism doesn't consider marriage sacred in the same way Christianity does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies