Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
That is a value of the secular humanists. It isn't a value of my culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:27 PM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
God hates homosexuals. I teach my kids to hate whom God hates.
Never learned that God hated when I was a Christian. It was alway God loves you , Jesus Loves you etc. Are you Muslim by chance?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,250,164 times
Quote:
If there is a god... he/she must hate you!
Any god I've heard of does not hate. You are one of the problems in this world with that attitude. I sure hope your kids grow up to learn better then what you teach them.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:01 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
If there is a god... he/she must hate you!
Any god I've heard of does not hate. You are one of the problems in this world with that attitude. I sure hope your kids grow up to learn better then what you teach them.
You can safely assume that you have created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all of the same people you do." ~Anne Lamott.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It is in no way normal or natural, if anything it is like being born with a defect.

Put all the homosexuals on island one and all the lesbians on island two and in a few generations the islands will become dead. Neither produce anything and that is not natural or a standard considered normal.

Despite that they should be allowed in peace to work and so forth. To have access to children's minds? No IMO!
Isn't your example rather illogical?

Put all heterosexual men on one island, and all heterosexual women on another island, and assuming they don't have boats, those islands will be dead too.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,909 times
Quote:
What religion are you? Because you certainly aren't a Christian.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,934 times
Being gay is ok with the flying spaghetti monster (the one true god, or was that the visible pink unicorn?) so no need to worry.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Being gay is ok with the flying spaghetti monster (the one true god, or was that the visible pink unicorn?) so no need to worry.
unless you think certain behaviors have no consequences.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
unless you think certain behaviors have no consequences.

As I have pointed out, ad nauseaum, on this very forum, gay men make up only half (more or less) of the total homosexual population. AND, I'd note, gay WOMEN have the lowest rates of disease of all orientations, including heterosexuals.

Perhaps everyone should be a lesbian??

Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
As I have pointed out, ad nauseaum, on this very forum, gay men make up only half (more or less) of the total homosexual population. AND, I'd note, gay WOMEN have the lowest rates of disease of all orientations, including heterosexuals.

Perhaps everyone should be a lesbian??
Then again...........

Quote:
STDs among lesbian and bisexual women
Can women give other women STDs? Yes.

source

There is a misconception among health care providers and women themselves that lesbian and bisexual women have little or no risk for sexually transmitted diseases (STD). This myth is fueled by the lack of reliable studies of STD transmission in these communities.

In fact, the risk of STD transmission between women varies significantly depending on the STD. Herpes, HPV (genital wart virus), and bacterial vaginosis are transmitted fairly easily between women during sex. HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are much less likely to be transmitted--the risk is low but it is still possible.

The majority of lesbian and bisexual women have (or have had) sex with men, and all STDs are easily transmitted from men to women during intercourse. Often STD do not have symptoms, so it is possible for a woman to have become infected years ago and to still harbor the infection.

It is important that you share your particular sexual history with a GLBT-friendly health care provider who can advise you of the appropriate STD screening tests for you. All women, including lesbian and bisexual women, need to receive regular Pap tests.

HIV

Often people worry more about HIV (the virus that causes AIDS) than about any other STD. HIV is transmitted when infected sexual fluids or blood enter another person's bloodstream.

There are little research specifically concerning woman-to-woman transmission of HIV. It has been documented in several studies that women who have had sex only with other women, and have not used intravenous drugs, are at low risk for HIV. Although there are case reports of woman-to-woman transmission through oral sex or shared sex toys, this is an uncommon transmission route. The risk of exposure to HIV in menstrual blood is not known, but could provide another means of transmission between women.

Women who have had sexual contact with men, which includes the majority of women who identify as lesbian, have a higher risk for HIV. Women who have had unprotected sex with gay or bisexual men, or men who have injected drugs, are at an especially high risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies