Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Let's not forget lions, penguins, giraffes, and basically every other type of social animal.
God made man higher than an animal. Apparently some want to behave like an animal to fulfill their lust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 04:14 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I used to disagree until I left the church, did plenty of my own thinking and studying and research on various topics, and came to the conclusion that much of church is just a tool for controlling people. I'm a bigger supporter than ever on separation of church and state.
And you think the Federal Government's involvement in the education; i.e., indoctrination of our children via the Department of Education is not??? HA! Out of the frying pan into the fire!

Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
And you think the Federal Government's involvement in the education; i.e., indoctrination of our children via the Department of Education is not??? HA! Out of the frying pan into the fire!
Can you please detail what the DOE's indoctrination consist of?

Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
They will see and decide on their own? What if they ask you outright about gays?
What I would say : "Now, Johnny sometimes people are born different, in that they like someone that is a friend but they like that person in a special way, "more" than a friend.

"Johnny, you know how mommy and daddy love each other and we are male and female, well sometimes people are born, who like someone just like themselves. A man who likes a man and a woman likes a woman. Is it natural or normal? We are not to judge son.

" Son, I personally feel its not the "norm" of society but it's what/who that person chooses to like. We can support them. For example, if you were born that way, we would love you. And we do love you enough to answer your questions about why males might like males, or females like females, if that's what you would want to know and we would do our best to explain it.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God made man higher than an animal. Apparently some want to behave like an animal to fulfill their lust.
Actually, man made god to keep man divided..Sadly, it continues to work.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
[color=sienna][b]
"Johnny, you know how mommy and daddy love each other and we are male and female, well sometimes people are born, who like someone just like themselves.
"...and its called Narcissism."

Old 12-31-2011, 04:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Actually, the anti-bullying programs disproportionately focus on the GBLT population. And, of course, you can learn to act civilly to people who have different values than yourself. The Jews and Christians, for the most part, have learned to do so and live side by side. Children have attended school for generations with people of differing beliefs and values without the schools having to resort to trying to get them all to like each other and change their values. If there, indeed, is an increase in bullying (maybe as a result of the internet & vile TV shows, etc.) then the schools need to crack down on the bullying behaviors and apply stricter consequences; not interfere with family values.
That is an odd analogy. The differences between Christians and Jews are of a totally different nature. Especially in the US those two faiths consider each other equal, there is no standard and no deviant one.
I am quite happy schools are molding kids' views and values as many parents are obviously incapable of doing so in a positive way. Thus there are all those racist kids, bullies, etc. Kids are not parents' possession, they are a part of society and are thus raised by society as a whole.
And as long as kids look down upon other kids, it will show in one way or another. They are not actors, but kids, who by nature are much less pc than adults.

Last edited by Neuling; 12-31-2011 at 04:36 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Can you please detail what the DOE's indoctrination consist of?
Well, to get started, here is a quote from a poster just a few posts down (#257 I believe), who apparently believes she knows what positive parenting is and her neighbor does not and recognizes that the public school agrees and is busy "molding kids' views and values..." Sounds a tad Totalitarian to me; but...you may disagree.

"I am quite happy schools are molding kids' views and values as many parents are obviously incapable of doing so in a positive way."

Old 12-31-2011, 04:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
The freaks of nature are running out of new meat.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Well, to get started, here is a quote from a poster just a few posts down (#257 I believe), who apparently believes she knows what positive parenting is and her neighbor does not and recognizes that the public school agrees and is busy "molding kids' views and values..." Sounds a tad Totalitarian to me; but...you may disagree.

"I am quite happy schools are molding kids' views and values as many parents are obviously incapable of doing so in a positive way."
How is what one poster wrote evidence of what YOU claimed to be DOE indoctrination?

So. please provide detailed evidence of this DOE indoctrination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies