Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
Since I am against sex education, I wonder why anyone should teach children anything in this respect. That topic was never even mentioned during all those years I went to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
OMG!

Harry Hay, Harry Hay.... nobody knows who Harry Hay is except people who are against homosexuality. They know allllll about Harry Hay!

Ask 100 homosexuals who Harry Hay is... maybe 5 will know who he is. And they'll all be old.

The mainstream gay rights movement disavowed ANY connection or assertion that the struggles of gays were intertwined or related to NAMBLA or similar groups a couple of decades ago.

Again, let's bring it back up to 2012, shall we?
I've never heard of Harry Hay.

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Is it a lie to teach children that the APA states that homosexuality IS normal?

I mean, I KNOW people in America pick and choose which scientific concepts they want to believe in (same as they do with the Bible).... but really, if science says one thing, it's a lie to tell them another.
You can tell them about the opinions of others, but it is better to just tell them the truth, and in this case of homosexuality, it would be a lie to teach kids it is natural.

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The bible says:

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you." (Leviticus 18:22-24).

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (Romans 1:26-27).

That is pretty plain language. Most people understand this, but the homosexuals have a way to spin it around to fit their understanding.
How can you spin this? It is clear as a bell.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The exact opposite actually. They somehow inherently know that a penis does not belong in an orifice used to expel feces.
Yet for some reason, said orifice contains a part that magically makes a man orgasm when massaged correctly.

Interesting.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Which I'm sure is directly translated from the original version without changes, right?

This is man's interpretation.

Man is subject to bias and agenda.

And quite honestly, posting Leveticus?

Really?

That's hilarious.
It is amazing fundie Christians love to quote Leviticus without know anything that's in it except the "anti-gay" verses.

There are probably at least a dozen laws that Taratova should be executed for based on Leviticus.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
it would be a lie to teach kids it is natural.
Still not seeing how something that occurs in nature is unnatural.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Yet for some reason, said orifice contains a part that magically makes a man orgasm when massaged correctly.

Interesting.
I've never gotten an explanation as to why there are nerve endings in that area that can ONLY be stimulated sexually. I mean, they aren't activated through digestion, so what is their purpose?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That is pretty plain language. Most people understand this, but the homosexuals have a way to spin it around to fit their understanding.
How can you spin this? It is clear as a bell.
Do you have any understanding of linguistics whatsoever?

This is Leviticus 20:13.

יג וְאִישׁ, אֲשֶׁר יִשְׁכַּב אֶת-זָכָר מִשְׁכְּבֵי אִשָּׁה
תּוֹעֵבָה עָשׂוּ, שְׁנֵיהֶם; מוֹת יוּמָתוּ, דְּמֵיהֶם בָּם.

Still clear as a bell?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I've never gotten an explanation as to why there are nerve endings in that area that can ONLY be stimulated sexually. I mean, they aren't activated through digestion, so what is their purpose?
Another tricky part to the whole "FOMG SEX IS FOR PROCREATION" argument is the existence of the clitoris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies