Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:25 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
It's God's plan for them to be homosexual. Who's to argue with God?

Of course it is! I look around and clearly see that God is most often getting "His way" down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 11:29 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I don't care what C.S. Lewis said.. I place more importance on the Word's God Spoke

woman covering their heads is not about sex with a woman; don't go changing the subject for some stupid off the wall comment.

Stick to the subject. homosexuality - Yes! in muslim countries they are the ones who have a death penality for that pervsion. Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed for the same barbaric practices. It was the fall of Rome it was the fall of Greece and now it is being shoved down our childrens throats in elementary school SICK SICK SICK SICK!!

Jesus said.. Woe unto those who call evil good and proclaim good as evil!! God said he will not tolerate it and they that do such things shall be dealt with accordingly to HIS WISHES - not yours. Remember the 'body' is the temple of the Holy Spirit !! Go ahead and defile it - the fate that awaits is awful
You know even less about history than you do about theology. To say homosexuality caused the downfall of Greece or the Roman Empire is both foolish and ignorant.

My citing I Corinthians 11:4-10 was not a stupid off the wall comment. It is a straightforward command of Paul that women must cover their heads in worship. So if you want to pull one or two verses out of the Bible and extrapolate that gays and lesbians should be put to death than you have to obey EACH AND EVERY command in the Bible, including having women covering their heads in church. Why stop there? Leviticus 19:19 clearly says "Nor shall you put on a garment made of two different materials" As the beginning of the chapter notes, this was spoken by the Lord to Moses. Do you abide by this command as well? Have you ever worn a cotton/polyester shirt? If you have, you have clearly broken the Lord's commands as recorded in the Bible. It's in Leviticus. Look it up.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
God makes transgendered fish.

Finding Nemo Trailer - YouTube
Disney makes movies about 'em.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
You know even less about history than you do about theology. To say homosexuality caused the downfall of Greece or the Roman Empire is both foolish and ignorant.

My citing I Corinthians 11:4-10 was not a stupid off the wall comment. It is a straightforward command of Paul that women must cover their heads in worship. So if you want to pull one or two verses out of the Bible and extrapolate that gays and lesbians should be put to death than you have to obey EACH AND EVERY command in the Bible, including having women covering their heads in church. Why stop there? Leviticus 19:19 clearly says "Nor shall you put on a garment made of two different materials" As the beginning of the chapter notes, this was spoken by the Lord to Moses. Do you abide by this command as well? Have you ever worn a cotton/polyester shirt? If you have, you have clearly broken the Lord's commands as recorded in the Bible. It's in Leviticus. Look it up.

Man shall not lie with man as with a woman!! It is an abomination in the eyes of God
-

Duet 6 4-12 Teach these words to your children when you wake up, when you sit down to eat, when you walk by the way and when you lie down at night.

Teach them God's ways 4 times every day.

I am a single parent that raised four children by myself with no help form anyone. I taught them day & night for years about Jesus Christ and His words.

I refused to work. I stayed home and we were very poor for many years.

My 4 sons are living legends in all of the State of Alaska for their exquisite art work with Ivory.

You ought to read Psalm one and see how easy it is to be successful if you just obey God's word.

All my children knew this psalm by heart before they ever went into first grade.

9 teachers said to me .. "How did you do this? We have never in all of our teaching careers ever met boys like this.

I turned down 2k a week as an IBEW ELECTRICIAN to stay home be poor and TEACH MY CHILDREN MORNING NOON & NIGHT FOR MANY DECADES!! The promises that God Makes !!

Satan's domain is the "atmosphere" his influence in daily society and the marketing of evil.

and all you want to talk about is covering your head?? ROFLMAO !!!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 PM

Flavious Joesphus - I've spent over 30 years reading the writings from a 1st century historian who was known for his love to tell the truth.

He was an eye witness !!

Increases in taxes, higher divorce rate & homosexuality were the main causes of Romes downfall. It is an historical record!

Josephus is very highly regarded & accurate!!!

I've read the bible in English, Greek & Hebrew. Ive read it so many times I lost count.

then along comes a 2nd grader mentality and challenges me........LMAO

Do you think Stephen King writes scarey stuff ??? NOT EVEN CLOSE....

The greeks of that day thought that when you died that was it - you merely ceased to exist. Go read what Josephus said to them

Josephus Discourse to the Greeks concerning Hades As is commonly known: when a man dies he goes down ONE of two different tunnels - One has a light at the end. Then he goes on to explain the other one in pages & pages of extreme detail that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up.

GO AHEAD AND READ THE TRUTH - I CHALLENGE YOU!!

Last edited by SityData; 03-26-2012 at 11:56 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Still can't believe ths is even a debate. Being gay is not normal. End of story.
Yeah, you've been telling us animals do it, so it must be okay.
Well, animals eat their young, too.
We were put here to procreate, everybody knows this.
I don't think gays are bad or anything, what one guy puts in his butt is not my business, but don't tell me its normal and think I should tell my children that.
Same old conversation though, isn't it?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 PM

431 posts, read 474,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
On City-Data, some of the most vocal morality posters admittedly haven't had sex in decades.

Spoil sports.
when do missionary position only

Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Man shall not lie with man as with a woman!! It is an abomination in the eyes of God -

Duet 6 4-12 Teach these words to your children when you wake up, when you sit down to eat, when you walk by the way and when you lie down at night.

Teach them God's ways 4 times every day.

I am a single parent that raised four children by myself with no help form anyone. I taught them day & night for years about Jesus Christ and His words.

I refused to work. I stayed home and we were very poor for many years.

My 4 sons are living legends in all of the State of Alaska for their exquisite art work with Ivory.

You ought to read Psalm one and see how easy it is to be successful if you just obey God's word.

All my children knew this psalm by heart before they ever went into first grade.

9 teachers said to me .. "How did you do this? We have never in all of our teaching careers ever met boys like this.

I turned down 2k a week as an IBEW ELECTRICIAN to stay home be poor and TEACH MY CHILDREN MORNING NOON & NIGHT FOR MANY DECADES!! The promises that God Makes !!

Satan's domain is the "atmosphere" his influence in daily society and the marketing of evil.

and all you want to talk about is covering your head?? ROFLMAO !!!
I applaud your devotion to your children. But you are missing my point entirely!!!!! You have taken 2 or 3 verses, out of thousands, from the Bible and used them to justify the execution of gays and lesbians. If you do that, you have to take each and every verse and apply them to your life equally...like covering your head in church and refusing to wear cotton/polyester clothing. But you don't do that, do you? Why not? How very easy and convenient for you to pour scorn on gays and lesbians and yet COMPLETLY ignore the overall message of the Bible.

I'm going to ask you flat out: Do you believe that gays and lesbians should be executed?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 PM

This is a GREAT PLACE - to close this thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
I applaud your devotion to your children. But you are missing my point entirely!!!!! You have taken 2 or 3 verses, out of thousands, from the Bible and used them to justify the execution of gays and lesbians. If you do that, you have to take each and every verse and apply them to your life equally...like covering your head in church and refusing to wear cotton/polyester clothing. But you don't do that, do you? Why not? How very easy and convenient for you to pour scorn on gays and lesbians and yet COMPLETLY ignore the overall message of the Bible.

I'm going to ask you flat out: Do you believe that gays and lesbians should be executed?

I never said execute.. I said in Muslim countries that is THEIR PENALITY. for homosexuality. I do not agree with that. It is God's will that none should perish but all should come to repent. Repent - greek word - Matanoia - simply means .............change your mind.

Once you change your mind - THEN and only then do the actions CHANGE.

YOU ARE TRYING TO COMPARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS or CONCEPTS .. in fact it is AGAINST GODS' LAWS for a man to wear woman's clothing or that which pertaineth to women!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies