Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Natural, yes, normal, no. Being born blind or deaf, is natural too.
Now only if being born smart were also normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
Ding, ding, ding. Someone with a brain!! Thank you!!
It is a spirit of lust. It is a spirit that overtakes people with confusion and they believe the lie.. the origin is satan himself who is the spirit of confusion.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
You don't teach them anything. You let them make decisions for themselves. Once you start pointing out the differences in people that's when kids start noticing. It's adult interference that causes kids to start discriminating in the first place. Let them play together and learn to like or dislike people on their own accord. When you show it down there throat you take just as much of a chance of turning them of even when trying to be positive.
So you don't teach your children that sometimes children are born blind, or mentally retarded, so they won't discriminate?

When it comes to some issues, younger children are not yet equipped to understand them, so you hold off on talking to them about those things until they are older.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a spirit of lust. It is a spirit that overtakes people with confusion and they believe the lie.. the origin is satan himself who is the spirit of confusion.
I ain't confused.

I like danglies, and I like tacos.

Rather made up in that decision.

Then again, I'd rather enjoy my life than live in fear of some deity.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 AM

109 posts, read 194,758 times
Homosexuality is a genetic defect..... End of story...

Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibusurfer View Post
Homosexuality is a genetic defect..... End of story...
Actually, it's not.

End of story.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I ain't confused.

I like danglies, and I like tacos.

Rather made up in that decision.

Then again, I'd rather enjoy my life than live in fear of some deity.
God does not give the spirit of fear to those who walk with him . Yet the bible says the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord. For good reason. It is God who created us and he can do what he wants with us. But in our new life perfect love casts out fear. Faith in God and his love for us casts out all fear.

God is slow to anger , a loving God who sent Jesus for the remission of sin. But there are those who love sin more than God. They have a choice here..Life is short when one gets very old and looks at the time that has passed..it is short and the years go fast when an eternity is forever.

Should one throw away eternity for a short season of lust and pleasure? It is up to each of us to make the choice to walk in their own ways or choose to walk as we were made to , as we are all made in the image of God.

God knew we all were condemned but God sent Jesus to give us salvation , to salvage those who were living without God and in the power of satan.

Jesus is the power over the old life of sin and the new life is given through the Holy Spirit.. All one has to do is ask Jesus for the Holy Spirit to defeat the sin nature and the Holy Spirit will do just that. A new nature is born in the new creation of Christ. A new spirit that will live forever.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
God does not give the spirit of fear to those who walk with him . Yet the bible says the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord. For good reason. It is God who created us and he can do what he wants with us. But in our new life perfect love casts out fear. Faith in God and his love for us casts out all fear.

God is slow to anger , a loving God who sent Jesus for the remission of sin. But there are those who love sin more than God. They have a choice here..Life is short when one gets very old and looks at the time that has passed..it is short and the years go fast when an eternity is forever.

Should one throw away eternity for a short season of lust and pleasure? It is up to each of us to make the choice to walk in their own ways or choose to walk as we were made to , as we are all made in the image of God.

God knew we all were condemned but God sent Jesus to give us salvation , to salvage those who were living without God and in the power of satan.

Jesus is the power over the old life of sin and the new life is given through the Holy Spirit.. All one has to do is ask Jesus for the Holy Spirit to defeat the sin nature and the Holy Spirit will do just that. A new nature is born in the new creation of Christ. A new spirit that will live forever.

That's all nice.

Irrelevant to my beliefs, but nice.

My God doesn't care how you life your life only how he reincarnates you/deals with you in the afterlife.

The point still remains:

I'm not confused by my sexuality.

I still may be shy about it in real life (never been with a guy, and too shy to approach one in that manner), but I'm not confused by it.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM

42 posts, read 46,803 times
For me homosexuality is not a normal thing because GOD created Adam and Eve and not : adam and adam or eve and eve. i will tell them to love those peoples because there are human beings but, to hate their way of living and seeing things.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:

Please keep your religion out of my homosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies