Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 03:23 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,682,796 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of the Ron Paulians and Peter Schiffians spewing rhetoric on things they have absolutely no knowledge about.

The Year U.S. Debt Beat Gold - Derek Thompson - Business - The Atlantic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 04:04 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Agree and disagree. The only reason debt generated so much return is because the legislation that got us in trouble in the first place remains on the books. We have at best patched a broken machine but expect more problems ahead when <alleged> conservatives have a vested interest in driving America into the ground. I also disagree with Paul pushing for gold to replace our defective monetary system. He's being led down the garden path by the likes of Goldman Sachs as any other chump on the tail end of yet another ponzi scheme. It's long past time to reform finance and monetary system with something appropriate for this century of global trade. Finance, or any industry, preying upon a sovereign nations monetary system calling it making a living is doing the exact opposite. It is they who have made themselves unfit for civilization as any other criminal or any other terrorist. It is they who are the greatest threat in foreign policy debacles throughout recorded history. The founders warned us and taking heed sooner than not is crucial.

What I'd like to see is an intelligent discussion where Ron Paul, Obama, Romney... disciplined statesmen of every political bent, state clearly what it is they feel is in most need of defense to preserve America's best interest, and get to the drawing board collaboratively with that information. Each have valid 2 cents, but as debates & governance goes, we are in the unfortunate position of having competing brands of 2 cents intent on diminishing the truth to 'win' rather than embracing the truth fully and making all those 2 cents add up to something solid. Refer back to the vested interest in driving America into the ground to understand why government is deliberately rendered ineffectual. Psy ops war games exercises inflicted on the masses... there ought to be stiffer consequences for this malevolence.

I find myself wishing Ron Paul were Obama's vice president. Most of the rest of the entire right wing is so far removed from constitutional ethics & sanity they're disqualified from cleaning a toilet. Ron Paul being the exception, but he's failing to lead properly & negating the terms and conditions of employment tends to disqualify him from the chair.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Yeah gold sucks.

If you have any of the useless junk metal lying around why don't you send it to me and I'll throw it away for you.

I'll even trade it for valuable, rock-solid, honest, unbeatable Federal Reserve Note pieces of paper.
And your right...

Peter Schiff has never been right about anything:

Peter Schiff Was Right 2006 - 2007 (2nd Edition) - YouTube

Ron Paul has never predicted anything correctly, either:

Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions All Come True - Incredible Video! - YouTube

Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

Ron Paul has never predicted anything correctly, either:

Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions All Come True - Incredible Video! - YouTube

Actually, he did a pretty good job. only one I saw that hasn't come to pass was the increase in interest rates.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Ron Paul has never predicted anything correctly, either
This analogy is retarded. If I agree that Ron Paul is correct about x, and wrong about y, you insist I vote for XY all or nothing forced march off a cliff. I have no choice but to reject you and him both as a result. Bravo.

If you're wondering why libertarians have been marginalized too often the past few decades you can look in the mirror this moment.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Actually, he did a pretty good job. only one I saw that hasn't come to pass was the increase in interest rates.
As far as I'm aware Paul's concern is not the interest rate, but inflation (runaway devaluation of currency parallel to Wiemar republic condition). He is correct to be concerned, the FED knows it, and explains the strategy they've employed maintaining low interest rate. Like junkies accustomed to a steady stream of artificial adrenaline, that IV line cannot be removed too swiftly or risk cascading failure. Meanwhile, adults in the room need to get to the drawing board about a sane monetary system that removes the innate conflict of interest happening in the FED.

The problem with Paul is he's led people down a dead end street pointing at disease yet not getting to work meaningfully on cure. As constructive behavior goes, he's passive aggressively waiting for the patient to die yet providing ample sermons. He fails to lead in a healthier direction with pragmatic plans in hand.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
This analogy is retarded. If I agree that Ron Paul is correct about x, and wrong about y, you insist I vote for XY all or nothing forced march off a cliff. I have no choice but to reject you and him both as a result. Bravo.

If you're wondering why libertarians have been marginalized too often the past few decades you can look in the mirror this moment.
The list of non-libertarians who are not ranking at least second in ALL of the national polls for GOP presidential nomination is very long.

Funny how the military is donating more money to a marginalized libertarian than anyone else.

And where are the guys who laughed at Ron Paul on stage at the 2008 debates?

They aren't running neck and neck with Romney now are they?

Funny...they laugh at Ron Paul yet there he is...receiving many more millions in political donations from the middle class than ANY ONE ELSE.

Strange how life is sometimes.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
As far as I'm aware Paul's concern is not the interest rate, but inflation (runaway devaluation of currency parallel to Wiemar republic condition). He is correct to be concerned, the FED knows it, and explains the strategy they've employed maintaining low interest rate. Like junkies accustomed to a steady stream of artificial adrenaline, that IV line cannot be removed too swiftly or risk cascading failure. Meanwhile, adults in the room need to get to the drawing board about a sane monetary system that removes the innate conflict of interest happening in the FED.

The problem with Paul is he's led people down a dead end street pointing at disease yet not getting to work meaningfully on cure. As constructive behavior goes, he's passive aggressively waiting for the patient to die yet providing ample sermons. He fails to lead in a healthier direction with pragmatic plans in hand.
He isn't king.

Only Obama thinks he can wave his hand and "fix" all of our problems.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,698 times
Wall Street Journal: Why we can not believe the Fed

A review of the Federal Reserve from 1986 to 2006 discovered that they missed with their forecast 100% of the time. Most of the time the Fed missed the forecast by 50% or more. And 50% of the time the Fed missed with their forecast by 100% or more.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,698 times
"36 times as many municipal defaults over the past 40 years as the conventional wisdom suggests."..."Moody’s Investors Service has reported that from 1970 to 2011, there were only 71 municipal bond defaults. But the Fed report counted 2,521 defaults in that time."

I guess all that bond paper will keep you warm for a couple of minutes when you light them on fire. Maybe you can eat them for fiber althought the ink on them may not be so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies