Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times

Advertisements

If I had been pregnant - by choice or not - when I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer, I would have had to have an abortion in order to save my life. I would have gone into organ failure had I waited as little as 2 months before starting treatment, and the day I started chemo I was struggling to breathe. Would you have had me look at a sonogram too? To show me what a horrible person I was for truly being pro-life, wanting to live myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:59 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If I had been pregnant - by choice or not - when I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer, I would have had to have an abortion in order to save my life. I would have gone into organ failure had I waited as little as 2 months before starting treatment, and the day I started chemo I was struggling to breathe. Would you have had me look at a sonogram too? To show me what a horrible person I was for truly being pro-life, wanting to live myself?
Never said that. But a person in that situation might see herself as terminal and choose to try to give life.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,663,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If it's JUST A FETUS what's your objection to seeing it? You look at x-rays of your diseased gallbladder before it's removed.
I'm sure you're prepared to show me the state law that says I am prohibited from having my gall bladder removed unless the doctor shows me an x-ray or sonogram of the gall bladder, right?

Because the state gets to decide what surgical operations I choose to undergo?

Old 01-10-2012, 01:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
My contention in the matter since all we here its the womans choice and the man has no say so . If it is the woman choice its irrelevant to show the father a sonogram.
Do you think the man should have the choice? It is not his body that has to suffer the pregnancy. He isn't the one who could suffer severe complications or even death. Why should he have anything to say about it?

If a man is so concerned about what happens to his seed....he should keep it to himself, that'll work.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Do you think the man should have the choice? It is not his body that has to suffer the pregnancy. He isn't the one who could suffer severe complications or even death. Why should he have anything to say about it?

If a man is so concerned about what happens to his seed....he should keep it to himself, that'll work.
So we agree there is no reason for the man to see the sonogram

Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
If the mother concedes the decision to the man, so it is the mans decision and not the womans then yes. all we hear its the womans choice, its all about a womans right to choose so in the rare case where she cedes the choice to her husband then yes he should see it and in that case its irrelevant for the woman to see the baby. If he has no choice then its irrelevant if he see it
sigh...

you keep skirting around the issue.

according to you, either it is the woman's choice or she 'concedes' the decision to the man.

seems like discussion and mutual decision-making are not part of your relationships with others.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Texas already has a lot of legal requirements before an abortion. I assume the goal is to make abortion providers so frustrated that they just stop performing abortions.
I think you got it!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Where I live all of my doctors show me my x-rays. I only used that as an example because it's something that is removed.
I have had sonograms to detect and track an ovarian cyst.....I was never offered the option to view the screen.

In fact, I will bet they wouldn't have allowed me to if I asked, since the tech doing the test was not even allowed to tell me what they saw.

I had to wait to see the doctor so she could tell me what was seen on that screen.....days later.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
So we agree there is no reason for the man to see the sonogram
There is no reason for anyone to see the sonogram, except the doctor, IF a sonogram is even needed.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
sigh...

you keep skirting around the issue.

according to you, either it is the woman's choice or she 'concedes' the decision to the man.

seems like discussion and mutual decision-making are not part of your relationships with others.
Ultimately its not a mutual decision. Man was an abortion woman does not baby is born.
Man wants baby woman does not baby is aborted.
Man and woman want baby aborted woman has to do it
man and woman wants baby , woman has to do it,

So in any scenario it still ultimately the womans choice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies