Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
No dear, scientists are telling you they feel no pain.

The same scientists that figured out how to keep that micropreemie alive.
You need to read more. At best the science is inconclusive on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So, doctors have to make sure the patient is fully informed about their medical condition before they can perform surgery. If a doctor was going to cut off my foot I'd like some detailed information before he/she lopped it off too.

There are some unethical doctors out there, who create phony prognosis for surgery, just to make a buck. This will prevent doctors from claiming a woman is pregnant, when she isn't, just to pad his wallet. I remember Obama regaling stories of how doctors were removing perfectly good tonsils and telling people they had diabetes, and cutting off perfectly good feet, just to pad their wallets.
I certainly hope you're being sarcastic.

There are other ways to tell if a woman is pregnant than by ultrasound.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:40 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
So, doctors have to make sure the patient is fully informed about their medical condition before they can perform surgery. If a doctor was going to cut off my foot I'd like some detailed information before he/she lopped it off too.

There are some unethical doctors out there, who create phony prognosis for surgery, just to make a buck. This will prevent doctors from claiming a woman is pregnant, when she isn't, just to pad his wallet. I remember Obama regaling stories of how doctors were removing perfectly good tonsils and telling people they had diabetes, and cutting off perfectly good feet, just to pad their wallets.
Why would a doctor tell a woman she is pregnant if she isn't?

How would he know whether of not the woman would decide to abort?

And, as someone else pointed out, nowadays, women know they are pregnant before they ever see a doctor. Ever hear of peeing on the stick?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,104,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What is disgusting is that pro-abortionists advocate killing the life over putting the baby up for adoption so it can have a loving home. And don't feed me crap about how there are so many kids in foster care. As someone who has looked into domestic adoption of an infant, I can say the waiting lists are a mile long. The ones who end up in foster care are born to parents who are screwups but decide they want to try to be a parent an get their welfare checks and end up getting the kid(s) taken away. Many of these are minorities, and statistically speaking, there are fewer black adoptive parents than white ones, so they end up in the system.

I've known two people that were put up for adoption and I put a child up for adoption that came back decades later. ALL were adopted into homes that turned out to be "not so loving", including my own child. Adoption isn't always the answer. Not to mention that the only reason anyone really cares is that all the white babies are being born. The black ones still end up in the system.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:

And to tack onto that, I reconcile that a large portion of abortion seekers are ill-informed about pretty much everything in life, including the fact that actions do have consequences. I don't see anything wrong with abortion-seekers being asked to come face to face with the actions that led them to be sitting in an abortion clinic to begin with.

Liberals would love for you to believe that 36 year old Jane with a 100K salary is the majority of the candidates for abortions. While there are 36 year old Janes, the majority are 20-something SheLonda's with hardly any salary who wouldn't know a good decision if it fell out of the sky and landed in her lap.

A sonogram might just be the reality check that millions of women need to do something right for the first time in their lives, including accepting responsibility for their actions.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You need to read more. At best the science is inconclusive on both sides.
Either the structures needed to feel pain are there, or they aren't.

Regardless, on demand abortions are done long before there is any chance of feeling pain, by any scientist's estimation.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:46 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
I've known two people that were put up for adoption and I put a child up for adoption that came back decades later. ALL were adopted into homes that turned out to be "not so loving", including my own child. Adoption isn't always the answer. Not to mention that the only reason anyone really cares is that all the white babies are being born. The black ones still end up in the system.
thanks for posting. this happens a lot. adoption works in many cases, that does not mean all adoptive children have good caring parents.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
There's alot more to it than just bad adoptive parents. Many adoptees grow up not in hostile conditions, but as hostile children.....mostly because they grow up in an environment where they don't feel 100% whole due to being thrown to the curb to begin with.

The moral of the story? Women, keep your legs closed and men keep your dick in your pants until you're ready to have children. And if you can't do that, do what it takes to make sure you don't get pregnant. It's the children who pay, no matter which decision you take if abortion or adoption is the answer you choose for your irresponsibility.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And to tack onto that, I reconcile that a large portion of abortion seekers are ill-informed about pretty much everything in life, including the fact that actions do have consequences. I don't see anything wrong with abortion-seekers being asked to come face to face with the actions that led them to be sitting in an abortion clinic to begin with.

Liberals would love for you to believe that 36 year old Jane with a 100K salary is the majority of the candidates for abortions. While there are 36 year old Janes, the majority are 20-something SheLonda's with hardly any salary who wouldn't know a good decision if it fell out of the sky and landed in her lap.

A sonogram might just be the reality check that millions of women need to do something right for the first time in their lives, including accepting responsibility for their actions.
your post sounds like nothing other then to punish young women who live a life you don't approve of. what rose colored glasses you wear if you think someone who makes the wrong choice most of the time, will suddenly become a sensible, responsible, caring parent. your reality check will do nothing to make irresponsible people responsible. you really want unwanted children raised by irresponsible people?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Those actions would be not using birth control effectively, yet you do not want to mandate sex education.

And you want to force someone like that to have a child?

Having an abortion is accepting responsibilty for their actions. Unwanted pregnancy is a problem and they are dealing with it the way they choose to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies