Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's not a guilt trip. I'm so over the "back alley" and "coat hanger" discussions, do you really honestly think that would happen? I am of the opinion that life is life and it should not be killed no matter what, but that is not a part of this discussion.
"you" are so over it? how old are you and in how much denial that you would not know for a fact. many have women died inducing self inflicted abortions and from dirty doctors. yes, I know for a fact women died, in my own family. women would again be resorting to unsafe ways to abort.
legal, safe the only way. individual women do not care what you believe about life, this is their life, not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 09:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why should WOMEN be FORCED to see the details of a medical procedure when MEN aren't...that's PURE SEXISM....

WHY should WOMEN be FORCED to see anything related to their medical care?

Why do you think women are so stupid that they don't know what "pregnant" is?

Why do SOME people have a psychotic need to control women....???
Well we here nothing but it's a woman's body and her choice alone. If its the woman's choice and she is deciding then why should a guy be brought in. He has no choice

Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd bet my next paycheck that the most vociferous supporters of abortion are those who have had one. Human psychology dictates that a person seek absolution of his/her actions, and ridiculing those who see human life as a worthy endeavor is one of the ways the pro-abortioners compensate for their own personal irresponsibility.

Considering almost half of all abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, I don't think we can ever expect the pro-abortioners to put forth a pro-life argument because it simply does not jive with their own actions.
Here's the other side of the coin.

"The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion" - When the Anti-Choice Choose

What do you think of people that fight to take the right to choose away from others, while taking full advantage of the right to choose themselves?

I wonder how many pro-life, male politicians would beg their mistress NOT to abort? LMAO

Last edited by Annie53; 01-11-2012 at 09:23 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 09:21 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Well we here nothing but it's a woman's body and her choice alone. If its the woman's choice and she is deciding then why should a guy be brought in. He has no choice
You seem to want to control what a woman does with her body.....how about if we allowed women to control what you do with yours?

Would you like your wife to decide that you are going to get a vasectomy....whether you like it or not?

How about if you are uncircumsized, and your wife decides you are going to get circumsized....whether you like it or not?

Let's make it a law. If the wife decides she doesn't want anymore children, and doesn't want to be bothered with birth control any longer......hubby gets snipped.....by FORCE.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
. But if the president says doctors are faking tonsillitis or other medical conditions to amputate feet,
Evidence, please.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You seem to want to control what a woman does with her body.....how about if we allowed women to control what you do with yours?

Would you like your wife to decide that you are going to get a vasectomy....whether you like it or not?

How about if you are uncircumsized, and your wife decides you are going to get circumsized....whether you like it or not?

Let's make it a law. If the wife decides she doesn't want anymore children, and doesn't want to be bothered with birth control any longer......hubby gets snipped.....by FORCE.
I have said it is comp,etly a woman's choice to get an abortion or not.
I lost my wife 35 years ago so your point is irrelevant if u want to make it personal.
The thread is about the sonogram law.
Facts:
The law does not stop a woman from aborting
Since it is truly the woman's choice then what a man thinks of the sonogram has no relevance.
As I have said in this thread if the woman requests for the guy to se the sonogram I think he should if there is no further harm to her.

Do you really think we should make a rapist look ath sonogram
Does that help the woman?

On her request if the mother and father are on speaking terms and the Mother requests I think the father should see it.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I wish Texas would just secede already. You already had your Sodomy laws refuted by the USSC a few years ago when some cops were watching two men having sex in their own apartment through their window.
I guess we don't care about facts when we go on our anti-Texas tirades, eh?

Facts - A report of a weapons disturbance was called in by a neighbor. That led the cops to enter the unlocked apartment.

NOTE: I do not approve of the arrests. I'm merely pointing out facts which often seem to be ignored by the anti-Texas crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Now you want doctors to humilate their female patients if they want to abort. If you do secede perhaps you can make Rick Santorum your President! Pathetic!
Scott signs two more abortion bills into law | Florida Independent

I wouldn't be talking. Look at the Florida laws signed into law this year, Mr. Florida is so liberal. I presume that Rick Santorum would be President of Florida if it seceded as well... He would be using your logic.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Do you really think we should make a rapist look ath sonogram
Does that help the woman?
Well maybe it would make the rapist feel guilty and could be part of his punishment.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
This law does not stop women from choosing abortion. Why should they be scared of seeing what they are doing
It is not a question of women being 'scared'.
Why should they be forced to 'see'?
Why aren't there similar laws in place forcing people to 'see' their cancer or 'see' their fat (if getting liposuction).

Nope, no reason, except to intimidate and attempt to impose someone else's wishes on another.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And to tack onto that, I reconcile that a large portion of abortion seekers are ill-informed about pretty much everything in life, including the fact that actions do have consequences. I don't see anything wrong with abortion-seekers being asked to come face to face with the actions that led them to be sitting in an abortion clinic to begin with.

Liberals would love for you to believe that 36 year old Jane with a 100K salary is the majority of the candidates for abortions. While there are 36 year old Janes, the majority are 20-something SheLonda's with hardly any salary who wouldn't know a good decision if it fell out of the sky and landed in her lap.

A sonogram might just be the reality check that millions of women need to do something right for the first time in their lives, including accepting responsibility for their actions.
Obviously, the only thing you consider right is the thing that agrees with your political view, that necessarily the woman's view. Are you willing to pay for all these sonograms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies