Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 09:42 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No, what I want is Front Side Personal Responsibility. But since there are millions of men and women whom apparently don't know what that means, I think it makes sense that a sonogram will put things into perspective.

The Liberal Position of "out of sight, out of mind" is intended solely to ensure that a personally irresponsible person gets to live consequence free. Abortion is called Back Side Personal Responsiblity. I find that position to be highly disgusting.
Your position insisting a woman wanting an abortion have a sonogram is nothing than a perverted attempt to punish her for having sex that you don't approve of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 09:42 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have said it is comp,etly a woman's choice to get an abortion or not.
I lost my wife 35 years ago so your point is irrelevant if u want to make it personal.
The thread is about the sonogram law.
Facts:
The law does not stop a woman from aborting
Since it is truly the woman's choice then what a man thinks of the sonogram has no relevance.
As I have said in this thread if the woman requests for the guy to se the sonogram I think he should if there is no further harm to her.

Do you really think we should make a rapist look ath sonogram
Does that help the woman?

On her request if the mother and father are on speaking terms and the Mother requests I think the father should see it.
You are always bemoaning the fact that a man has no choice when it comes to abortion, in this thread and in others. If you think the decision to abort is completely the woman's, why do you constantly complain about it?

And when I said "your wife", I wasn't getting personal, I was just creating a scenario. How would I even know whether you are married or not?

Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Well we here nothing but it's a woman's body and her choice alone. If its the woman's choice and she is deciding then why should a guy be brought in. He has no choice
Are you being deliberately ...er...misunderstanding...

My reference to men had NOTHING to do with abortion.

Here it is(notice the difference between "here" and "HEAR"):

Why should WOMEN be FORCED to see the details of a medical procedure when MEN aren't...that's PURE SEXISM....

Men are NOT forced to view sonograms of their prostate cancer nor the lump on their lungs not their brain tumor...THEREFORE it is blatant sexism to FORCE a woman to look at her sonogram ..

WHY should WOMEN be FORCED to see anything related to their medical care?

Why do you think women are so stupid that they don't know what "pregnant" is?

Why do SOME people have a psychotic need to control women....???

And that is the ONLY reason anyone would have to FORCE a woman to look at something/anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What you want.

Since when does what you want have any bearing on the rights of millions of women to be autonomous agents?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, basically, you believe that Front Side Responsibility is nonsense.

Got it.
Aero, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Your position is nonsense that you are unwilling to back up. If you were, you'd be offering to pay to support a few thousand pregnant women and then adopt all the babies. Open up your checkbook.

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I think this statement is quite offensive. For what it's worth I have never had an unplanned pregnancy, nor have I had an abortion. That is quite irrelevant to the discussion and my stance.
I agree. I have never had an abortion, I had to undergo fertility treatment to get pregnant. Neither of my daughters have had abortions, either, and both are pro-choice, as are the majority of 20something women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Obviously, the only thing you consider right is the thing that agrees with your political view, that necessarily the woman's view. Are you willing to pay for all these sonograms?
I think the point is to make abortion too expensive.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Beautiful report! Yes, I wish someone had forced me to watch a sonogram instead of Planned Parenthood showing me a little video about the "medical procedure" that told me that it was no riskier than if I were having a tooth extraction.

However, I fear that a higher court will simply overrule. Slimey people won't sit by and allow folks to be presented with the truth before they go-through with this "medical" procedure. THIS would awaken them to the reality that abortion is about more than one person.
So, what about this "procedure" would you have understood if you had only been required to look at a sonogram?

Old 01-11-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I asked that question because I know most women are not stupid. They know what a pregnancy is, and they know what an abortion is.
They also knew that when they walked in the front door to get the abortion done. Making them look at a sonogram won't change that.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You are always bemoaning the fact that a man has no choice when it comes to abortion, in this thread and in others. If you think the decision to abort is completely the woman's, why do you constantly complain about it?

And when I said "your wife", I wasn't getting personal, I was just creating a scenario. How would I even know whether you are married or not?
So when i use yoru argument im wrong but whne you use the same argument you are right.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
1) My husband.

2) Yes. All women have parents and they all have someone who got them pregnant. Most have friends.

3) It's against the law to fire someone b/c they are pregnant. If they don't want to be in a nasty slum, they don't have to get pregnant to begin with, or keep the baby once they have it.If they are in the nasty slum, however, they get welfare, so who knows, fo rthem it might be a toss up.

4) I'm well aware of that. But I can put myself in others' shoes. I just wish they would put themselves in the more responsible shoes of someone like me.
#2 may apply to you, but it certainly does not apply to everybody. It may be against the law to fire somebody for being pregnant, but it happens every day. Nobody says it because of pregnancy though. You're still just trying to push your own morality on everybody else.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Somr woman have to make that choice and some choose to give birth
I'd need proof to believe that happened with enough frequency to be statistically significant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies