Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
This may be true but wouldn't ya know that there's always a lot of peripheral costs when the presidents vacation in a location "other than" land they own, like Bush going to his own ranch, for example.

Here's a startling list of costs we wouldn't have otherwise known about, concerning Obama and just one vacation.

President and family on multi-million dollar Christmas vacation in Hawaii | Mark Tapscott | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2010/12/president-and-family-multi-million-dollar-christmas-vacation-hawa - broken link)
"other than" land they own? I don't get the quote marks, but I believe the US govt. put a lot of money into Bush's "ranch" (put in quotes b/c I don't believe he was ranching anything) for security, communications, etc. Plus he and the whole fam needed secret service protection no matter where they were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,971 times
Click image for larger version

Name:	tlkdc_272.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	89897

Quote:
july 17, 1991
lake buena vista -- president bush will address the 575 individuals and groups he calls his daily points of light during walt disney world`s 20th anniversary celebrations on sept. 30, disney announced on tuesday.

The ceremony at epcot center will honor those the president has recognized for volunteer community service.

Following the awards, bush is to pitch his points of light initiative as a national strategy for resolving social problems, the announcement said.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:49 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
I find it pathetic to read so many posts, in this thread and many others, that cannot stick to the topic/president being discussed without trying to stick virtual tongues out and say "But loooooook, THIS REPUBLICAN president did it!!"

If it makes any of you feel better, some of us who can't stand O could not stand Bush either.

Now try to intelligently counter posts with which you disagree. Go on. No, really.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:53 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
It's a smart political/career move and fun for the whole familiy!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"other than" land they own? I don't get the quote marks, but I believe the US govt. put a lot of money into Bush's "ranch" (put in quotes b/c I don't believe he was ranching anything) for security, communications, etc. Plus he and the whole fam needed secret service protection no matter where they were.

They may have and if so, I bet we can find a list of the upgrades that were paid by the gov. on private property, if true.

Even if we find such a thing it will be fun to compare one-time upgrades to a personal property to what the costs were for BO to spend one, single vacation in Hawaii, and then dare to find the same type of list for every time he's vacationed on that island.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Maybe he is applying for a job. He is going to need one in January.
Maybe he can apply as an assistant to you at the concession stand.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:39 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
[quote=gallowsCalibrator;22582794]Au contraire, the only knee-jerk reaction here is the outrage that the president is going to Disney. Though, I speculate jealousy here.

He has a family. I'm sure his daughters would love to go to Disney. I don't agree with the notion or concept that the President must completely disregard his family for the sake of his job.

Does this mean his daughters are going to miss school? That doesn't set a good example.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:54 AM

7,948 posts, read 9,160,764 times
That is alright,after all they go to a private school. Only peons and 99% ers send their kids to public schools and observe the attendance requirements,LOL

Old 01-18-2012, 07:22 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times
So? What's your point? I take vacations, as well as the rest of the world. The amount of money you pay for this is probably pennies.

The people complaning about having to pay for it show their ignorance, because I don't see them complaning about having to pay for sick old poor people or the military, or traffic lights, or cops, et cetera.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
So? What's your point? I take vacations, as well as the rest of the world. The amount of money you pay for this is probably pennies.

The people complaning about having to pay for it show their ignorance, because I don't see them complaning about having to pay for sick old poor people or the military, or traffic lights, or cops, et cetera.
So trips to Disney are at the same priority level as paying for the sick, old and poor ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies