Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 03:41 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-sniff, sniff-
Anyone else smell that?
Don't you have a life that you can go live? Instead of getting on threads where you have nothing to add to the conversation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 03:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
[quote=personwhoisaperson;22647582]Don't you have a life that you can go live? Instead of getting on threads where you have nothing to add to the conversation?[/quote
kshe95girl has added a lot to a great many threads. I might ask you the same question.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:44 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Don't you have a life that you can go live? Instead of getting on threads where you have nothing to add to the conversation?
Throwing another temper tantrum?
Should I expect another nastygram in my inbox anytime soon?
Keep on confirming my suspicions.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you didn't answer my questions, are you saying you do not support public art period? would you support a restoration of another series of murals done in a different part of town? your postings sounds like you object to this public art from a personal bias against the "subject matter" not because it is a "public art".
No, I don't believe taxpayers should have to pay for any towns art.

Quote:
you want people to assimilate and by your reaction to these cultural murals you would also like them to forget their heritage. you can't seem to separate the issues from the art. you allow your personal bias to overrule your rational and compassion, by refusing to see any good this art could do for a struggling neighborhood.
All Americans have culture. I don't see the Irish asking for a special mural, or taking over a park. I don't recall an "Irish Park" in America.

Quote:
public art has been around for decades. there is a process to it and no I doubt a mural of the big bad bin laden would go up in a public space but to answer that thought, yes I support public art even if I don't like it.
So, Bin Laden is big and bad and Che & Castro are Freedom Fighters, just wow, is all I can say!!

Quote:
BTW the flicker account with the great pics. yes that is how ca. has always looked. do you not like cultural dance with costumes either?
Like I said, it looks more like Mexico City, then California. It use to be a place for Mexican-Americans that fled the revolution. Look back at pics, it wasn't riddled with gangs and drug dealers. Why reward bad behavior. We'll see how our money is "wasted" in a few years when, those citizens that love their community sit, as the gangs vandalize the mural. Which, was one of the reasons they had to paint it.

This mural isn't the only thing our taxpayer money is paying, a fitness gym for gangs to workout in..........
$4.2 million redo: Logan Heights Physical Fitness Center greener - El Paso Times
The renovation cost about $4.2 million and was paid for by federal stimulus money.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Thanks, freightshaker.
Theres more going on here than meets the eye, if you know what I mean.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks, freightshaker.
Theres more going on here than meets the eye, if you know what I mean.
That tunes gettin pretty old.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Throwing another temper tantrum?
Should I expect another nastygram in my inbox anytime soon?
Keep on confirming my suspicions.
I don't throw temper tantrums. Not since I was 4.
If you think "LEAVE ME ALONE!" is a "nastygram" then you are way too sensitive.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
I don't throw temper tantrums. Not since I was 4.
If you think "LEAVE ME ALONE!" is a "nastygram" then you are way too sensitive.
If it was in all caps with an exclamation point, then it absolutely counts as both a "nastygram" and a temper tantrum.

If you're going to share your opinions, you have to expect criticism.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If it was in all caps with an exclamation point, then it absolutely counts as both a "nastygram" and a temper tantrum.

If you're going to share your opinions, you have to expect criticism.
True. It was not intended as a temper tantrum, or a "nastygram". Shes just so........................ I don't even have a word for her.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
True. It was not intended as a temper tantrum, or a "nastygram". Shes just so........................ I don't even have a word for her.
I think I remember seeing her give you some advice about posting a thread one time. Based on what I've seen, I don't think she has a problem with you, just your attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies