Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Birthers Motivated By Race.
Yes. Obviously 77 70.00%
No, They just have things they want to be true but are not motivated by race. 33 30.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I still think it's more stupidity than racism.
that appears to put you in a distinct minority amongst CD leftwingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, asked for and never did get a birth certificate. I have been after the enrollment records at Occidental since I realized that the birth certificate thing was only a thing. When do you suppose the Occidental records will be allowed out to public view? Is there a chance that letting them out would show us that Obama has violated the Constitution from the very beginning?
What are you talking about? He showed his birth certificate a long time ago. College records are private. Bush's were leaked, he did not show them willingly and they were not public. Did you demand Clinton's college transcripts? How about Carter's or Nixon's? If not, why? He doesn't have to show anything else to prove that he was born in the US. He has not violated the constitution. This well never end and I certainly don't blame him for not submitting to every crazed demand out of the frothing mouths of birthers or haters. If you have an issue with policy, speak on it and don't vote for him - the birther thing only makes you look stupid, racist or insane.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Like Obama, touted as the most liberal senator? You got a funny way of showing love of country.
If you knew to whom you are speaking I believe you would be ashamed.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You just said something that surely puts you against most of the progs here. I have known all along that some think prog thinking and also are Christians and now THEY have to see that hatred from their thinking isn't always the same from all progs.

Do you think that Obama playing to the national labor unions is a lot different than the Koch brothers calling all the shots? I named three of the bigger unions who are wholly in support of him today, SEIU, UAW and CWA and all of them are his best supporters. Guess who got the first releases from being held down to the Obamacare requirements in 2014. I see them as just as big a problem as you see corporations. When you get a chance look at the amounts of money corporations give the DNC and Obama, directly
I don't believe in or approve big money from ANY source being allowed to control our government. I also don't approve of much that the President has done since his election and am very disappointed in him. HOWEVER, I don't doubt for a moment that he is a citizen of the U.S. or that he is fully qualified per the constitution to serve as such. And, even though I wish he had been more progressive in his decisions, I am surely glad it was he that won the election and not someone who would have put Sara Palin a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:49 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I don't believe in or approve big money from ANY source being allowed to control our government. I also don't approve of much that the President has done since his election and am very disappointed in him. HOWEVER, I don't doubt for a moment that he is a citizen of the U.S. or that he is fully qualified per the constitution to serve as such. And, even though I wish he had been more progressive in his decisions, I am surely glad it was he that won the election and not someone who would have put Sara Palin a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Amen to that! Perhaps if the GOP had shown up in the House and Senate and actually addressed the many problems we face rather than making their entire agenda a referendum on a president who has been centrist in his policies, this handbasket wouldn't have been falling as rapidly as it did after Bush left Obama such a mess. To illustrate the racial nature of politics, watch the RW candidates speak at rallies...you need sunglasses to prevent snow-blindness caused by the 99.9% white crowds.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
you need sunglasses to prevent snow-blindness caused by the 99.9% white crowds."

THANK YOU for this! Proving yet again which side of the aisle has the racists. THIS is about as racist as anyone could get.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Mitt Romneys grandparents fled the US to avoid prosecution for Polygamy. That surrendered their citizenship. They then returned to the US bringing young George, a child of wife #5 with them. Did they ever get him naturalized? No one in the Birther movement is asking whether the former Governor of Michigan was ever naturalized. Where are the birthers???

If newt Gingrich is a Catholic and the Catholic Church does not recognize divorce, isn't Gingrich still married to his second wife according to the church?

Where are the birthers?

Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
call it "progressives" or call it "tomatoes" it's still stereotyping a large group of people into a single mindset and not treating them as individuals with independent thoughts.

didn't you complain last week that is what "progressives" do?
You call us all "birthers" and all of the sudden squeal about stereotyping? Do you ever listen to yourself? lol

Old 01-19-2012, 05:02 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Mitt Romneys grandparents fled the US to avoid prosecution for Polygamy. That surrendered their citizenship. They then returned to the US bringing young George, a child of wife #5 with them. Did they ever get him naturalized? No one in the Birther movement is asking whether the former Governor of Michigan was ever naturalized. Where are the birthers???

If newt Gingrich is a Catholic and the Catholic Church does not recognize divorce, isn't Gingrich still married to his second wife according to the church?

Where are the birthers?
who cares, he got married, which is more than you can say for the bastards parents. who's your daddy, Barry?

Old 01-19-2012, 06:15 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why are the birthers not questioning Santorum's eligibility, as he is the son of an Italian immigrant. You would think that would raise the same constitutional issues?
And he is, under Italian law, an Italian citizen.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies