Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,565,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You haven't provided any kind of an explanation. What are you specifically basing your predictions on?
i repeat
If you don't understand what I'm saying you're probably not smart enough to figure it out even with a longer explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,249,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
i repeat
If you don't understand what I'm saying you're probably not smart enough to figure it out even with a longer explanation.
You really need to learn what the word explanation means. Anyhow, your idiotic attempts to insult my intelligence is just filler for the fact that you can't answer the question. You really don't know. All you likely know is the fear you have (who knows why).

Old 04-23-2012, 08:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,264,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
When gay and lesbian divorce begin to rise they will figure out once in the court room and firmly under the control by self serving judges and ruthless money sucking lawyers that..they did not gain freedom and rights but sold off their rights to the state for a bit of traditional but empty status.

The were free before but once married they have joined the herd...and state sponsored animal husbandry might not be what they expected.

UNION between opposite sexes is about breeding...Union between the same sex is about attempting to gain some sort of social status and financial and economic benefit.

Marriage= children.

Same sex marriage or unions...is based on another criteria. Political usery of a vulnerable segment of society..and the illusion that we are all free to do as we please...even be men when we are woman and woman when we are men...People should think for themselves and truly be free.
There is no requirement anywhere on a marriage license for reproduction.

I'm sure that many homosexual people will never get married, just like many heterosexual people will never get married. The difference is only one group has the option of marriage if they so choose.

Marriage is a contract between two people, there are no other contracts that require a disclosure of sexual orientation, or require only members of opposite sexes be involved in entering into the contract.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,422,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Gay marriage would create more problems down the road. Screwed up kids. Decline in population. People wanting to marry animals and pets.
Or not:

Study: Children of Lesbians May Do Better Than Their Peers

The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

Read more: Kids with Lesbian Parents May Do Better Than Their Peers - TIME

Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,422,037 times
It's time:

It's time. - YouTube

Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,865,538 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100% which is why I have no problem with a gay man marrying any single woman they want. (incest aside of course).
Marriage is a man made concept that was designed to give men complete control over women..... nothing more. Marriage has nothing to do with religion. Marriage should be a decleration that two people love each other and want to share their lives together in every way and show the World that what they have is far more than just "living together". Love and commitment is NOT just for heterosexuals it is also for Homosexuals, whether you agree with it or not.

Gays have the right to marry in every single state they just don't have and shouldn't have the right to marry someone of the same sex, they just choose not to exercise that right because they're want to destroy America.
Hopefully soon the bigoted in America will get over their "homophobia".
Who adults want to commit to and marry is their concern and NOT for others to decide. About half of heterosexual marriages end in divorce but again it is not for you or me or anyone else to deny marriage to others whether they are straght or gay........ NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 AM

30,438 posts, read 23,889,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az461 View Post
We Definitely need to keep the "Original Sanctity of Traditional Marriage" don't you agree.

Marriage should be for hetero-couple's only. Because it is tradition.

The License - YouTube!
Before seeing the video I thought you were just a jerk. Have to hand it to them for this video, that's pretty funny.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 AM

30,438 posts, read 23,889,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not talking about adoption. We're talking why gay marriage won't work.

And what I said is not ideology - it's fact. If not, show me the kid produced from two of the same kind.

Gay relationships must take the produce from someone else.

Marriage reproduces and survives on its own.

And just to be clear - all children would love to be brought up by their blood parents. Adoption is not the ideal scenario. But again, people don't act right - so this is brought forward is a solution.
The flaw in your argument is that the gays weren't going to be producing children anyway so what difference does it make if they get married? Or are you implying that the reason to get married is to have kids? If that is the case, the childless couples, whether it be by choice or not, do their marriages not work for you either?

Oh and as someone who was adopted, I can assure you I did NOT want to be brought up by my biological parents, they did enough damage, why give them the full 18 years?

Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,565,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is no requirement anywhere on a marriage license for reproduction.

I'm sure that many homosexual people will never get married, just like many heterosexual people will never get married. The difference is only one group has the option of marriage if they so choose.

Marriage is a contract between two people, there are no other contracts that require a disclosure of sexual orientation, or require only members of opposite sexes be involved in entering into the contract.
that's funny please explain to me how come there men with kids who all of a sudden "come out" and declare that they were always gay.

I guess gays can get married in every single state they just choose not to.

this so called civil rights movement is an insult to the true fighters in this country for civil rights.

you must have went to the Goebbels school of propaganda if you repeat a lie long enough fools will believe it.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,264,387 times
Quote:
that's funny please explain to me how come there men with kids who all of a sudden "come out" and declare that they were always gay.

I guess gays can get married in every single state they just choose not to.

this so called civil rights movement is an insult to the true fighters in this country for civil rights.

you must have went to the Goebbels school of propaganda if you repeat a lie long enough fools will believe it.

What does your statement have to do with there being no requirement to reproduce in order to get married?

I personally believe that laws banning same sex marriage are unconstitutional. Eventually we will be allowed to marry in every state. There is no legal reason to deny the rights, and privileges granted by marriage to same sex couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies