Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Or the young couple DO want the baby but her parents drag her off to get an abortion. It happens and denying it won't make that go away.
No one can be forced. She could go to social services and ask for help. There are plenty of pro-life organizations that would taken on the responsibility of taking care of her and her child, right?

My thought, the teen wanted to have the baby, stay at home, and let her parents pay for it and take care of her and the baby. She chose to stay under her parent's wings and abort. She made a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Aren't you going to stick up for the poor traumatized men now?
I think our whole society has been traumatized by abortion. That would explain all the horrible things we have today. Whole families being killed by a family member, etc. Crazy things out there with no explanation to them.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
No one can be forced. She could go to social services and ask for help. There are plenty of pro-life organizations that would taken on the responsibility of taking care of her and her child, right?

My thought, the teen wanted to have the baby, stay at home, and let her parents pay for it and take care of her and the baby. She chose to stay under her parent's wings and abort. She made a choice.
Then you would be wrong. They were going to marry when he got home.

Anyway, even if her parents can't or won't help them there is help for them from other people and organizations. Abortion should be the last choice not the first.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:54 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
I think our whole society has been traumatized by abortion. That would explain all the horrible things we have today. Whole families being killed by a family member, etc. Crazy things out there with no explanation to them.
I think people who spend time whining over fertilized eggs have difficulty seeing half the human race as fully human. Abortion isn't a modern invention. Abortion has been going on for as long as we've been around.

You anti-abortion extremists would be better people if you spent your time worrying about people already here instead of those who aren't.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Here is a whole page I found on Google---look at any of them.

Plus my SIL was fired becuse she would not abort. You are rare if you don't know of a case like that,

Google
A page of websites - none of them legitimate news outlets, all with one agenda. Sorry, but these do not count. Nor does your anecdotal story about your SIL.

So, still waiting....

Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why are men upset they don't have the right to kill their pre-natal children with vaccuums and dental instruments?
Why are men upset that they can't force a woman to undergo a procedure with significant health risks in the name of their own personal morality? When fetuses are grown in incubators not in real people then men can get a say in abortion.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I think people who spend time whining over fertilized eggs have difficulty seeing half the human race as fully human. Abortion isn't a modern invention. Abortion has been going on for as long as we've been around.

You anti-abortion extremists would be better people if you spent your time worrying about people already here instead of those who aren't.
Pro-life people think life is sacred from the moment of conception to natural death. If you leave any life out then it would not have the whole definition. Pro-choice people only think of the woman and THAT is only half as you say. They think abortion is the ONLY answer. they dismiss any other option. Their choice or no choice.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
A page of websites - none of them legitimate news outlets, all with one agenda. Sorry, but these do not count. Nor does your anecdotal story about your SIL.

So, still waiting....
"There are none so blind as those who will not see." Sorry I can't help you when you refuse to read or get educated.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Pro-life people think life is sacred from the moment of conception to natural death. If you leave any life out then it would not have the whole definition. Pro-choice people only think of the woman and THAT is only half as you say. They think abortion is the ONLY answer. they dismiss any other option. Their choice or no choice.
Most pro-choice people do NOT think of abortion as the only answer. Some pro-choice people are also against abortion and would prefer they never happen and support doing things to reduce the need for abortion and number of abortions, they just don't want it to be illegal. Some pro-choice women would never have an abortion. Some pro-choice people encourage others to not have abortions.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
I'm a pro choice woman who absolutely thinks abortion should be a last resort. I also support adoption and women who decide to keep and raise her progeny. I think abortion should be safe and accessible which is why I consider myself pro choice. Banning abortion won't end it, it will just force women to get them by illegal and often unsafe means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies