Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I listened to Bobby Jindal this morning, talking about his tense altercation with Obama. He is convinced that it was all a setup, to make Obama look good and Jindal to look bad. He said the press had all been alerted that something would happen, and Obama started right in with him about how the president was angry. Not at the situation with the gulf oil spill, but with Jindal's criticism of Obama.

Obama has a habit of taking manipulated situations that he thinks "worked" and repeating them.
No, republicans have a habit of staging confrontations and then lying about them. The republicans simply have zero credibility -- about anything. They lied about WMD, they lied about the health care legislation, and they will continue to lie as long as people keep accepting their lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 12:25 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, republicans seem to make a lot of "mistakes" when it comes to facts.
Oh my, democrats never make "mistakes" I guess. Like Al Gore "inventing the internet" and Obama saying his father helped liberate Auschwits for instance.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:25 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,192 times
Folks, this was the letter that Brewer handed Obama (well, ok, but I wouldn't totally doubt it)...LOL Jan Brewer: the note she handed to Obama | Under the Mountain Bunker

Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Folks, this was the letter that Brewer handed Obama (well, ok, but I wouldn't totally doubt it)...LOL Jan Brewer: the note she handed to Obama | Under the Mountain Bunker
That is so funny!

Thanks for posting it.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Did you read the article? He's dressing her down for being upset at how she made him appear in her book and she's supposed to just stand there and take it like a good little girl??

I am more increasingly convinced that Obama is a narcissist.
That is a grownazz man who in the hell does she think that she is? If it had been Bush would she had done? nope! Had it been Clinton would she had done it? Nope! Had it been my older uncle who lived through Jim Crow she would have been eating her finger

There is no excuse for anyone to wag their finger at the President of the U.S like they are some sort of child!

Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
With the most dishonorable president then you sometimes are forced to be addressing the person, not the office of the Presidency. Can't be helped.

I'm very proud of her for having the "bowling apparatus" to take this narcissist to task.
It had nothing to do with him be "narcissist" but more to do with the disrespect to a black president, but you being from where you are I guess that it is quite natural to put "them" in their place whenever they get "uppity"

Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Yeah, republicans seem to make a lot of "mistakes" when it comes to facts.
Jeepers! CamaroGuy mans up and admits his mistake and you come down on him? I can count on the fingers of one hand the regular posters who will admit to mistakes. Most will change the subject or ignore their error.

Wondering if you fess up when you are in error.

(And the governorship of a small state isn't something I'd expect people to be knowledgable about.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-30-2012 at 12:49 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And he has disrespected the whole dang State of Arizona. Some people just cannot accept being challenged, and that is it.

At least she has the gull to have gone up against him, so many act as if they are afraid too.
That's why her monkeyazz won't get re-elected

Old 01-30-2012, 12:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I remember that, also. I actually thought his duck and subsequent recovery was pretty great, along with his quip "I saw that man's soul (sole)."

Pretty funny stuff.

I don't remember the media making fun of Bush or anything like that.

Actually, it was both shoes, and even Bush grinned. As you pointed out, he was very agile and showed a true sense of humor. Guess it's okay for Bush to get a kick out of it, but it's taboo for anyone else.

Bush Dodges Shoes Thrown by Iraqi Journalist - YouTube

Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
No, republicans have a habit of staging confrontations and then lying about them. The republicans simply have zero credibility -- about anything. They lied about WMD, they lied about the health care legislation, and they will continue to lie as long as people keep accepting their lies.

Irony strikes again...Brewer is ungrateful as well as manipulative.

Gov. Jan Brewer: An Obama move helped launch Arizonan's career - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies